LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
edited October 2016 in September 2015 Moms
something done right, do it yourself. 

Re: If you want...

• Options
    Fact. I'm VERY busy due to this. Lol
  • Options
    Fact. I'm VERY busy due to this. Lol
    I had a vent about DH never helping but instead thought this was more fitting. Lol. It's the story of my life. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or how about how I am somehow responsible for remembering everything that goes on! And that's at least 3 times, or somehow it's my fault that I didn't remind him enough and he forgets. Drives me crazy!
  • Options
    Or how about how I am somehow responsible for remembering everything that goes on! And that's at least 3 times, or somehow it's my fault that I didn't remind him enough and he forgets. Drives me crazy!
    But if you remind TOO much you are a nag or treating him like a dumbass. Well if the shoe fits buddy...
  • Options
    But if you remind TOO much you are a nag or treating him like a dumbass. Well if the shoe fits buddy...
    This this this! You're grown! I shouldnt have to tell you what you already know you have to do! Grr :angry:
  • Options
    vibarra27 said:
    This this this! You're grown! I shouldnt have to tell you what you already know you have to do! Grr :angry:
    Amen ladies amen! 
  • Options
    vibarra27 said:
    Ladies....this is so my life!!!! I'm either a nag, or he's upset I didn't remind him. 
  • Options
    Right there with you... As usual... Anyone else have the enabling mil to go with? It's NOT normal for you to be a house keeper for your almost 30yo daughter who is married with her own kids and no I don't want you to come into my house and help me pick up after your adult son! I want HIM to adult! Aaargh, no wonder he won't pickup after himself... He can't figure out why the house doesn't magically fix everything for him like when he was home!
  • Options
    Right there with you... As usual... Anyone else have the enabling mil to go with? It's NOT normal for you to be a house keeper for your almost 30yo daughter who is married with her own kids and no I don't want you to come into my house and help me pick up after your adult son! I want HIM to adult! Aaargh, no wonder he won't pickup after himself... He can't figure out why the house doesn't magically fix everything for him like when he was home!
    Yes! Yes! Yes! 2weeks ago we had breakfast with the inlaws. Forgot to give DH soda. He asked his cousin for one because "his wife forgot to give him one." i said " i just served our kids(3) you, and myself breakfast while you were sitting you can do 1 thing and get it yourself. So ungreatful." so then MIL proceeds with "tell her son, she wanted a husband and kids better get to it.!" i was like hell no! "& he wanted a wife & kids he can get his ass up and get a soda his damnself while i care for OUR kids!" don't make him think i have to do everything for him wtf!
  • Options
    Ugh that is sooo annoying!  I just don't get the mind set... I absolutely don't mind doing the cleaning, what I mind is picking up after him like a toddler, I want recycling to make it to recycling bins, trash to make it to trash cans and laundry to make it to a hamper, I really don't think that's too much to ask... Her response was "it's just so much work to get them to do it I'd rather just do it myself, then she started giving me cleaning tips... I know how to clean lady, what I don't know how to do is find the time warp that allows me to do all the cooking and cleaning while taking care of a real baby and your adult son! Grrr
  • Options
    Same here! Thats all i want from him as well! And its like pulling teeth, although he has gottwn better but MIL doesnt help!
  • Options
    Ya, my DH is the oldest of 3 so he's sadly the most functional, she literally is housekeeping for my SIL and when the youngest was in college she used to drive 2hrs one way every week to clean his dorm room, do his laundry, drop of food and take him out to dinner... Gee I wonder why none of your kids can adult... I get that I'm a sahm so I'm the home maker but I did all the cleaning when I worked full time too and it was easier then because I had a day off mid week where I would do nothing but clean and I don't get that uninterrupted time anymore... It would be so much easier to clean if I didn't have to pick up first and then clean... Sorry my dog is shedding like an entire flock of sheep and I've about had it, lol. At least he finally put up a run so my geriactric beagle can go out during the day so I at least don't have to deal with as many accidents or stand out there watching her like a hawk the whole time.
  • Options
    Lmao my husband is the oldest of 3 as well lol.  i think all men are like this some just worse than others 
  • Options
    If this next one is a boy he's learning to clean right alongside my girl if it kills me, you're welcome future dil... I'll never forget I was a manager at an automotive place and we had a big event coming so we were really deep cleaning the place and my service manager asked what he could do so I told him to go clean the men's room for me, he shuffled around and then asked me how to clean a bathroom, dude was almost 50, wtf... I made one of the teenagers help him because I just wasn't going there...
  • Options
    Lol. I told DH my boys were going to have chores and learn to clean just like DD and he was like "no their men not girls" i was like excuse me! He has another thing coming..(btw my husband comes from am old school Mexican family where they expect women tp do everything, worry bout everything like these ladies mentioned so weve bumped heads over the years lol...thats sad my brother and i alternated the bathroom, dishes, cleaning chores around the house as kids n to this day he'll still wash bathrooms n hes 19
  • Options
    If this next one is a boy he's learning to clean right alongside my girl if it kills me, you're welcome future dil... I'll never forget I was a manager at an automotive place and we had a big event coming so we were really deep cleaning the place and my service manager asked what he could do so I told him to go clean the men's room for me, he shuffled around and then asked me how to clean a bathroom, dude was almost 50, wtf... I made one of the teenagers help him because I just wasn't going there...

YESSS!!! We have a son and I'm already figuring out a chore chart and things he can do! Haha! He will know how to clean. He might not like it, but he will be educated. 
  • Options
    I'm going back to work full time next week and my poor boyfriend is going to have a mad wake up call. I deep cleaned the house two weeks ago and the ONLY things out of place are his clothes, his beer cans, and his dishes that I refuse to do. He's going to have to start helping with dinner and dishes (that I currently do every night when he's already getting ready for bed). He is not going to be a happy camper lol. 
  • Options
    Mine is the middle of three boys and i have the opposite problem. My mil is a total slob. She has laundry baskets for clean clothes and one for dirty so growing up dh had to dig through piles to find a shirt. Now that he is out of her house any type of clutter drives him insane.  So if i dont get the laundry put away before he gets home and there is a laundry basket sitting in our room rather than putting it away himself i get a lecture of why there is no reason it should still be sitting there.  Well buddy since you claim its not that hard do it yourself. Sorry one out of ten loads of laundry didnt get put away yet. I only do laundry for six people.  Oh and she never made dinner either. It was a fend for yourself type household. Im expected to have a spotless home, hot dinner on the table, kids to their different games and practices, oh and lay is work clothing out for him for the next day.  
  • Options
    I'm going back to work full time next week and my poor boyfriend is going to have a mad wake up call. I deep cleaned the house two weeks ago and the ONLY things out of place are his clothes, his beer cans, and his dishes that I refuse to do. He's going to have to start helping with dinner and dishes (that I currently do every night when he's already getting ready for bed). He is not going to be a happy camper lol. 
    This is us this week. It's been interesting to say the least!
  • Options
    Wow akdewald, you're a saint, if my DH ever tried to lecture me on that stuff I'd probably find something to dump over his head... And that's if I was in a good mood...
  • Options
    This thread is my favorite... My husband does everything...like literally EVERYTHING! Just ask him, he'll tell you all about it!!!  Nevermind that I work, get the kids (4 of them) ready and to school every morning, help them with their homework, wash 6 peoples laundry, take care of the baby 100% of the time, pick the older kids up from practices and do the primary parenting at night while he plays on his phone (including making the older 3 do their chores so we don't have to do it for them). Soooo obnoxious!!!!!! He works, picks them up from day/after school care and makes dinner on the nights they don't have to run immediately to football practices.... and when he cooks dinner he trashes the kitchen - is this normal?!?!?! 
  • Options
    This is us this week. It's been interesting to say the least!
  • Options
    im having a rough week. I honestly feel like my only purpose is to be the 24 hour cook and maid. And thanks to DH never cleaning up after himself....it's a daily battle to just get the surface clean-let alone any deep cleaning. BOO. Sun up to sun down...I'm constantly trying to clean while LO is busy, and our house is still messy?!