September 2016 Moms

Nailing this Mama Thing!

I was thinking, with all the worrying we do and questions we have, it might be a good thing to have a place where we post about our successes, large and small. That way we can celebrate each other's triumphs, whether through hard work or dumb luck, and remember that it isn't all screaming fits and uncertainty. 

I'll start: Today I am on it! I have fed Olivia multiple times and gotten her down to "nap" multiple times with limited fussiness. I have pumped 3 times, nearly filling the bag for the day. I have done two loads of laundry, sanitised all the pumping stuff, and loaded the dishwasher. I even ate breakfast AND lunch, and have had nearly 30 ounces of water! It seems everything is coming up me today, so I am going to go for it and take Olivia for a walk at 3:00. :) 

Re: Nailing this Mama Thing!

• Loading the player...
  • @jenkar01 I'm nervous for next week - I have my 4 wk postpartum appt and I need to take Molly with me. I'm kinda worried about the same things. One I have to get up early and get her ready to drive DH to work for 8am. And then we need to drive pretty far to my appt. I'm hoping she doesn't freak out when I'm there. Fingers crossed I can survive!
  • @rock1cherry  I completely feel you on that one. Best advice I can give is to give yourself plenty of time to get you and her ready so that if she does meltdown you can stop to take care of her.
  • @skirtandsandals I'm super impressed you remembered! I put a notification on my phone for the 23rd of every month so I wouldn't forget. My mom made this awesome quilt and I would feel awful if I forgot to take the picture, and I would forget! And super cute, funny pics. My outtakes are usually my favorite.
  • @skirtandsandals omg she is adorable and that hair. 

@molosmiles I hear you about remembering. Luckily Xavier was born on the 1st so easy to remember.
  • @jenkar wow our babies are a month apart! Luke was born on the last day of Sept.
  • @jennlynn777 that's awesome. Crazy part is that Xavier was about a month early so they may end up hitting milestones around the same time. He's just now in the 8lbs club because he was born at 5lbs 7.8oz.
  • fail - i totally forgot i have the month stamps too. geez, i missed the first month, bad mommy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chavezrd2 How far past the one month mark are you? No one will know if it's a couple days! 
  • @jenkar01 Well I do believe Luke has reached the 8lbs club as well so you are probably right about the milestones. When was your original due date? 
  • jenkar01jenkar01 member
    edited October 2016
    Original due date was 9/25 so he would be almost 3 weeks now instead of 6 weeks if he had come on due date. We aren't sure why he came early. We joke and say it is because he ran out of room. I'm 5'0 and daddy is 6'2" so he may very well have lol.
  • @jenkar01 That was my due date as well! 
  • I tell you that is the greatest feeling knowing that your little ones are gaining weight when you are breastfeeding because it is hard to tell how much they are getting and if they are getting enough. We don't have another appointment until the 1st of November so I've been weighing him every Tuesday on my scale here at home just to kind of get a rough estimate as to whether or not he is gaining weight. Obviously by looking at him I can tell he is gaining weight but it's nice to see the number on the scale.
  • Well I successfully worked out at home for the first time and he slept the whole time. Even was able to shower afterwards. Now wasn't able to completely get dressed or do my hair but baby steps right?!
  • @jenkar01 I consider that a victory! 
  • Wow I'm lucky if I get a shower everyday. Granted I'm not even 3 weeks out yet but still. Getting to run is a dream in the distant future. 
  • I just bought a manual pump yesterday for the same reason: car rides. With a possibly big one coming up, I don't want to miss sessions, and it'll give me something to do. The only issue is it leaks. I got the Medela Harmony, and the bit where the flange connects to the bottle leaked all over me the first time I used it. Not sure why, but I lost about half an ounce.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • drabong88 said:
    Yesterday for the first time Dylan took a decent nap in his crib! Usually he naps on either me or my husband or in the swing. It was nice just to have the quite time while he was up there.
    I hear ya! From about 1 month until a week ago Luke would only be able to sleep in his swing. Now he loves his crib and he looks so comfortable! :-)
  • @drabong88 & @jennlynn777 I am guilty of using the swing for naps. How did you transition your babes to crib and did you notice any change in the length of naps? I really need to stop using the swing for napping but it is just so easy to keep having him nap there.