January 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Bitch Fest!

I figured we post on it throughout the week, so instead of Monday it can be a weekly installment!

Bitch away!
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Bitch Fest!

• Options
    streulimstreulim member
    edited October 2016
    We are getting ready to rearrange bedrooms. DH and I are moving to the basement and my twins are getting our bedroom. Baby is getting their room. I got into an argument with DH about how to arrange the basement. He's a minimalist and would rather not have a Christmas tree and decorations. I like decorating for holidays. He also thinks that proper shelving is a bunch of cardboard boxes stacked together. I prefer something a bit more pleasing to the eye and something that won't disintegrate the minute water touches it. Thereby ruining everything in that particular area. I didn't mean to get so irritated but I get so sick of him making these decisions and doing these things without even talking to me. When I try to talk to him he tilts his head and blinks in this serial killer way and says I don't make any sense. This annoys me in a totally different way. But that's a different story. Well the reason I don't make any sense to him is that he doesn't take the time to listen to my feelings and opinions before making these awful decisions.

Another one is work related. I am a medical assistant in a clinic. They have recently divided up the way we operate in certain capacities. As it happens this week I handle things like dispensing prescriptions that are ordered by the providers. Something happened with one that I didn't know how to handle. Well first of all I have been doing this aspect of the job for a bit more than a month. A new doctor didn't know how to handle the situation that happened either. There was another provider that is just on hid administrative time so we went to get his help. After it was all done he felt the need to talk to one of the other providers right outside my door about come on people can't you do this type stuff. I just broke down. I'm sitting here crying as I type I'm so mad. The biggest problem is if I go to my boss all she does is sigh and say yeah that's how he is. She never does anything. He's so arrogant and treats us all like we disposable women. i can't stand that!!! I just want to scream F*** you at him at the top of my lungs.

Edited because I had the second thing just happen and I needed to vent.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We need to get baby furniture ordered, but H is just dragging his feet. I've shown him several options, and he either says he doesn't like them, or he doesn't respond. And then he says, "We still have 16 weeks, don't get so ahead of yourself!"

Yes, I know there are still 16 weeks, but in those 16 weeks, we have 2 major holidays with tons of stuff going on in between. Who the heck knows how long it will take to actually get the furniture in after ordering? I'm about so close to just ordering it and just being done with it. He can deal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emy730 my DH says that to me all the time! We have so much time left. All I can do is remind him how fast it snuck up on us with DD1 and that if he wants me to remain nice and calm and sane, he best help me  get everything set up soothe my nesting fever! LOL 

My company is making major changes and not really explaining the reasoning behind them, which is frustrating. At the beginning of September they let go of quite a few people including my entire team and boss. Now I'm filling the gaps and trying to work 4 peoples jobs. They sent another email out on Friday which is super vague but sounds like half the company is leaving and creating their own new company. No one knows what's going on so it's tough to know what to do, think, etc. Hoping for some answers soon.

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    This weekend DH was supposed to winterize our house and yard. He had plans to take down our a/c units, blow out the sprinklers, mouse proof our basement, spray for bugs and put up rain gutters. None of it happened because Friday night he decided to stay up until 4:30 AM and then be pissy all day Saturday because he got no sleep then literally just sit around all day yesterday. This is home ownership DH, and all of it involves chemicals, heavy lifting or ladders so guess who cannot simply do it myself because I want it taken care of?! Get it done. 
  • Options
    One of DH's idiotic coworkers suggested he set two alarms, one at midnight and the other at 3AM, to practice getting up for the baby. He thinks this is quite possibly the best advice ever and would like to start ASAP. I politely suggested that this was not the best idea and I could just wake him up every time I get up to pee or the baby kicks - so about 4-5 times a night. He's still set on the alarm idea. First, I appreciate that his coworkers are trying to give him new dad advice. Second, I really love that he's trying to prepare in his own way. But seriously - WTF?! I don't want to be woken up anymore more than I already am during the night. I should also mention that DH is the type of person to sleep through an alarm or turn it off in his sleep and never wake up. I almost always have to shut off his alarm and physically get him up. This sounds like an absolute nightmare and I don't know how to stop him. Ugh. WHY?!
  • Options
    I work with a bunch of Negative Nancys. I love my job, I seriously love what I do, but they make being at work almost unbearable at times. Constant complaining, nothing is ever good enough, etc. And honestly? While our workplace isn't perfect, it's head and shoulders above so many of the other companies I've worked for in the past. Most of them haven't worked for many places (or haven't worked anywhere else in over a decade), so I really feel like they don't understand how good we have it. 

Most of them work 7-4, get to take an hour lunch every day and never have to work overtime. I've tried explaining to them that at my last job, overtime was just a fact of life and people routinely worked 16-18 hour days. There were times before kids that I didn't get to home for longer than a few hours. It could be so much worse. 

I'm so sick of hearing about how bad things are when they aren't that bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    One of DH's idiotic coworkers suggested he set two alarms, one at midnight and the other at 3AM, to practice getting up for the baby. He thinks this is quite possibly the best advice ever and would like to start ASAP. I politely suggested that this was not the best idea and I could just wake him up every time I get up to pee or the baby kicks - so about 4-5 times a night. He's still set on the alarm idea. First, I appreciate that his coworkers are trying to give him new dad advice. Second, I really love that he's trying to prepare in his own way. But seriously - WTF?! I don't want to be woken up anymore more than I already am during the night. I should also mention that DH is the type of person to sleep through an alarm or turn it off in his sleep and never wake up. I almost always have to shut off his alarm and physically get him up. This sounds like an absolute nightmare and I don't know how to stop him. Ugh. WHY?!

@christac1010

OH.MY.GOODNESS! Why??? Why would they suggest that? My husband sleeps like a rock and I literally have to shove him over to get him to shut off his alarm, so I understand the struggle.

I can't imagine! It's hard enough as it is to get comfortable and sleep!! It's super cute he's trying to prepare, but I think you need to sit him down and explain the different between and PREGNANT WOMAN with no sleep and a new mother. At least when the baby is here you have a cute face to look at when you're sleep-deprived...

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @christac1010 I'd also mention to him that "hey, no matter how long you 'prepare' this way it won't dull the sleep deprivation of having a newborn" andplusalso "hey newborns don't wake up at the same time every night so your body would get used to being awake at midnight and 3 am and baby may sleep until 1:30 and you're wide awake" 
  • Options
    @christac1010 While I'm sure his coworker means well, that's just horrible! My husband would sleep through the alarm and like @katesmama0706 said, that'll just have you up and used to being up at 12 and 3. You'll get used to the sleep deprivation! You also need your rest. Tell him if he wants to do that, he can sleep on the couch and do it! You really do need your rest.
  • Options
    This weekend DH was supposed to winterize our house and yard. He had plans to take down our a/c units, blow out the sprinklers, mouse proof our basement, spray for bugs and put up rain gutters. None of it happened because Friday night he decided to stay up until 4:30 AM and then be pissy all day Saturday because he got no sleep then literally just sit around all day yesterday. This is home ownership DH, and all of it involves chemicals, heavy lifting or ladders so guess who cannot simply do it myself because I want it taken care of?! Get it done. 
    How do you mouse proof a basement??  I need this done at my house!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @christac1010 that's such weird advice to me! It's sweet he wants to practice and is wanting to be helpful but I don't think you really need to practice depriving yourself of sleep before the baby comes. Lol. 

My MBF: I ran ran out of my nausea pills Saturday night and planned to not get any more. I mean I'm almost 26 weeks! Well I felt awful yesterday and this morning and just threw up. Guess I'll be on these meds for while longer. 
  • Options
    @colleenkevin our house is over 120 years old so basically our basement/crawlspace was super easy for them to get into and therefore get into our house. We had to fill all the gaps in the foundation where they could get in and then set a ton of poison down there. We have to replace it every few months (we're due, especially where it's getting cold and DH didn't get it done, hence the bitching), but it helps a ton. We used to get them in the house at least monthly, which was absurd because all our food and things they would be interested in are in sealed containers. It's just old house problems haha
  • Options
    @christac1010 That is the weirdest advice ever. And really unfair to you to force you to get up all the times you have to to go to the bathroom in addition to his alarms. I'd threaten to make him sleep on the couch if he's going to really go through with that.
  • Options
    My MBF: I don't really understand where everyone gets time to go to all the various things you need to go to during later stages of pregnancy while continuing to work. This is probably the most "free" calendar week I've managed in six or seven weeks, and even it's not really that freed up.

The empty time is the time I'm supposed to actually do my job (which is a lot of shepherding other engineers and commanding the flock, where people need me to be available and open)... I just don't know where to fit in things like getting a haircut.
  • Options
    As if I'm not enormous and super uncomfortable, I now have a cold! The second one this pregnancy! AWESOME!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @canavara I'm a BA and I billed 5hr 45m in client meetings and 1hr internal meetings today.  Needless to say I didn't get much actual work done.  Tomorrow I'm only scheduled for 3.5 hours of meetings so I'll have time to get requirements written.  But I haven't done anything baby-related or even housework-related, besides cook dinner, in so long.  I don't know how I did so much baby stuff the first time around.  This time I can't find time for anything.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We decided to get our flu shots and TDAP today while out running errands and it took FOREVER because apparently everyone is doing that right now. And the arm that got the flu shot is super sore! 

And then tonight we were talking about a bunch of stuff getting ready for baby and we start talking about his drums and what's going to happen with them. I mean, we live in a small place, and now that our guest room is going to be a baby room there's really no room to keep them up anymore. He gets all offended (as if this is a surprise? I mean, we've sort of talked about this before) and acts like he's never going to be able to practice and im just over here like DUDE it's called sacrifice and we both have to do it! One day we will have a bigger place but that day is not today!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    @katesmama0706Our house is only 70 years old, but we have a similar problem with the mice getting into our crawlspaces.  We have traps setup, but I think we need to lay down some poison because I've been hearing them in the walls for the last week and it's driving me nuts.  It's right around this time every year that they find their way into the house - right when the temperatures start to drop outside and they're looking for my warm walls.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Christac1010 If he wants to prepare for baby tell him to set that alarm every 2 hours, he needs to stay awake for at least 15 minutes each time it goes off. Then at least once overnight he has to be up for 2-3 hours continuously without sleeping lol.  

DH has been going through the interview process for a new job for about 6 weeks now.  Negotiations were yesterday and he tentatively accepted.  

Unfortunately, the insurance with the new job is not nearly as good as what we have now.  It wouldn't be such a huge deal if we hadn't already reached our deductible and were getting ready to have a baby in 2.5 months.  I think we are going to pay for Cobra in order to continue our current policy as our primary insurance and use the new insurance as secondary until after baby is here.  We both think it makes more sense financially although it will still be a hit, our premium will be almost 1,500.00 for a few months :( 
  • Options
    Oh i so need to bitch it out today!!! My "best"
    friend has been driving me insane regarding my baby shower. First she pitched a fit because they asked her to make punch and she "doesn't know how" and how she is so busy and doesn't have time yada yada yada... look up a damn recipe and there are people also hosting the shower that are A LOT busier than you! I literally told her to tell them she doesn't want to host and to stop talking to me about it! Lol!

My baby shower is this Sunday and now she just called saying her husband booked a weekend getaway for her thinking my shower was next weekend and this is the only weekend they can go. I swear if she doesn't come to my shower I am so done with her. 
  • Options
    @Emma61210 Reminds me of my baby shower that is happening in a few weeks except it's my sisters. My sisters have only been mad at each other two times that I can remember in my life. Once was around my wedding, so they made my bachelorette party into their fighting ground, and then they were HORRIBLE at my bridal shower. HORRIBLE. Now guess what? They are mad at each other again. It's like they subconsciously plan to be mad at each other when it comes to having to do something for me. SO WEIRD! I actually have a back up plan incase my baby shower doesn't go as planned. I'm not going to be the one crying after the "party" because everyone was shitty. Nope. Not this time! 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are supposed to travel back home for my cousins wedding this weekend. We got the tickets months ago, leave approved, all this sort of thing. First, I think I have bitched about this before, but the wedding is the weekend of a huge rivalry game for my university that is played in Texas. So, I am traveling home (OK), but I can't go to the game because of a wedding. Let it be known that evey year I have lived in FL, H and I have tried to go back to the game, we buy the tickets, and then something happens with the Navy and his leave gets cancelled. Even though we weren't going to the game, we were still flying this weekend and going to celebrate this weekend.

Well, surprise! there is a hurricane churning in the the Atlantic. Are you fucking kidding me? First off, I am scared to leave my dogs at the vet even though they assured us if they need to evacuate they WILL take the dogs (*sad eyes*). Second off, American Airlines is being douchebags. I hate flying with them for numerous reasons, but we only picked them because we had a voucher that expired and they have non-stop flights. Anyway. Florida is in a state of emergency and I was hoping we could get on an earlier flight out of town on Thursday. NO dice! they won't do anything about it until it is practically too late. All other carriers are letting people change flights.
  • Options
    @Emma61210 ugh that's ridiculous. I'm sorry your friend is behaving that way 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    You know what sucks ass? A busted water heater. That's what sucks ass. Praying DH can get the new one put in today. I need my hot bath...not to mention a clean kid and dishes. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • Options
    So still planning to move in with mom come Christmas. I want to start buying things because nesting and it's just easier to buy in chunks. She advises me not to do so as she looking for houses that need cosmetic work so we can move and have it repaired by the time baby comes. WHYYYY!? I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS HER HOUSE IS JUST FINE! 
  • Options
    @Carly79 I feel ya about the bathroom scenario, both the seat and the sink. There are some disgusting women out there. Had a co worker like that who left dirty seats and left the toilet papers wet and on the floor. Hallelujah she quit 2 weeks ago!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just want to bitch about feeling so fat and uncomfortable already. I'm a very petite woman but my belly gets gigantic when I'm pregnant. I'm also having a second son and therefore I'm guessing he will be big like his brother. I feel done being pregnant but I'm only 6.5 months. Ugh. In no way do I wish to have a preemie or anything...and I know sometimes that's a reality for some. I'm not saying I'm not "lucky to be pregnant" I'm just feeling so gross! 
  • Options
    @Carly79 YES. Sit your ass down or be courteous enough to wipe the seat down after you're done. This happens every time I go to the doctor's office. Between nausea and trying not to pee on my hand under this bump, I cannot handle wiping up someone else's pee. It's the flipping doctor's office! Not a nasty bar stall! Get over it!!!

Also if I have to lean on a counter, it's getting on my shirt. I've just given up on that wherever I am - bathrooms, condiments, home. I can't see it. Screw it. 
  • Options
    Bitch #1- A little background, but my DH likes to try and get freaky in the middle of the night when he's still halfway asleep.  Well last night he started rubbing on my back while I was dead asleep, it scared me causing me to jerk, which then sent me into a stupid charlie horse.  Since he was still mostly asleep, he went right back to sleep while I'm hobbling around the room trying to get the pain to stop.  So that pissed me off.  I'm not opposed at all to "get down", but I'm WAY too tired to be woken up in the middle of my sleep.  I'm working as a teacher and taking care of my 5 year old.  I need my sleep. Of course right after I fall back asleep, my daughter woke up due to having a nightmare.  =(

Bitch #2- I had my first when I was 24.  I am about to be 30 this month and didn't think of myself as old, but this pregnancy is proving to be way more exhausting than the first.  I remember having energy at this stage with my first, but I can still barely make it through the day.  
  • Options
    OK, so being a full time student, starting observations and having a tutee obviously wasn't enough for me. J and I decided to buy a house. 
    The whole thing is actually going pretty well, except that the seller's agent still hasn't cashed our earnest money check. This is a problem because the last thing our lender needs before ordering the appraisal is a copy of the check after it has cleared. I'm irritated because our contract says that we're supposed to close on Oct 30th. *sigh* They've had our check for about 3 weeks now. There's no reason not to cash it. *agh!!*
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @LCartee2016 I would call the agents broker immediately and find out what the hold up is. In FL at least, you must turn over any deposit to the broker within 1 business day and the broker then has 3 business days to put the check into an escrow account. Not sure if you are using an agent or not, but if you are they should definitely be on top of this! Good luck with the process! We bought a house back in March, were suppose to close on May 2nd and because of hold ups for different reasons didn't end up closing until June 27th. If the house wasn't a great deal, we would've walked away because it was getting so frustrating, but still very
    much worth it! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @MandiB07 not quite the same but if I get restless while I'm awake in the middle of the night with the lovely pregnancy insomnia and wake DH by accident he's always all "well as long as we're both up...." NO. I am tired. I want to be asleep. I do not want to get frisky right now. 
  • Options
    @christac1010 Good point on the counters in general. I've noticed it while doing dishes, I end up with more water on me than I think is in the sink :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This time around DH and I are flipped, I want to get frisky way more than he does lol so I'm getting a taste for what he feels like every time I tell him NOT NOW I'M TOO TIRED! Bwahahahaha...poor thing...it's so frustrating LOL
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • Options
    AmRe214 said:
    We are supposed to travel back home for my cousins wedding this weekend. We got the tickets months ago, leave approved, all this sort of thing. First, I think I have bitched about this before, but the wedding is the weekend of a huge rivalry game for my university that is played in Texas. So, I am traveling home (OK), but I can't go to the game because of a wedding. Let it be known that evey year I have lived in FL, H and I have tried to go back to the game, we buy the tickets, and then something happens with the Navy and his leave gets cancelled. Even though we weren't going to the game, we were still flying this weekend and going to celebrate this weekend.

Well, surprise! there is a hurricane churning in the the Atlantic. Are you fucking kidding me? First off, I am scared to leave my dogs at the vet even though they assured us if they need to evacuate they WILL take the dogs (*sad eyes*). Second off, American Airlines is being douchebags. I hate flying with them for numerous reasons, but we only picked them because we had a voucher that expired and they have non-stop flights. Anyway. Florida is in a state of emergency and I was hoping we could get on an earlier flight out of town on Thursday. NO dice! they won't do anything about it until it is practically too late. All other carriers are letting people change flights.
    American Airlines is the WORST
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @AmRe214 I AM SO OVER THE HURRICANES! And hot weather. C'mon FL get it together. The lines at the gas station have been crazy and things always get so hectic!

Also, American Airlines is the absolute worst :( 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Options
    Am I allowed to post on this one more than once a week but I'm so upset right now and I can't talk to anyone at work about this without looking like a complete baby. Here goes...I work for a college student health. Last week was homecoming and the parade was this past Saturday. It is also the school's centennial celebration so kind of a big year. They asked for people to arrange things for this semester for the centennial including being in the parade. Now to fully understand this you need to know there was nothing in the budget set aside for this. So I out together 300 snack bags of mini first aid kits with things we had extra of in the clinic like band aids and bacitracin. This was approved no worries. Other people in the clinic who chose not to be part of planning started complaining that it wasn't enough. So i repacked them all with candy bought from money we had in a kitty. Now two days before the parade there were other staff members that wanted a sign made. In order for that to happen it either needs to be hand made or ordered down in printing. There was not enough time to order it from printing so my husband and I went to the store and bought all the materials needed to make signs out of our own pockets. Then my daughters and I spent 5 hours making these signs the night before the parade. I was up until 3 am getting things finalized for Saturday. We had to be lining up at 9 that morning. So we did the parade. We ran out of the packets about halfway through but remember there was no budget so I put it together myself. I got ONE thank you from someone else that showed up at the parade. I figured there would be some mention made at the weekly meeting we had this morning. NOPE. A whole lot of big fat NOTHING. Not a mention of anything. Now I know why nobody wants to volunteer for anything. You're judged harshly and it's complained about but nobody does anything or says anything constructive. I feel like I should say something but at the same time how do I approach it so they know how I feel without sounding whiny? I'm so upset at all the work and effort put in not only by me but my family and money spent out of pocket. Hello, baby on the way can't really afford to spend money willy nilly at this point. My family also all gave up half our Saturday to be in the parade and my car was in the shop so we had one car. Another reason we have no money to spare since I had to spend a bunch getting my car fixed and not even one mention about doing all this...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ceclarlinetlo I am trying to hard to have will power when out and about shopping. I've tried really hard to find great deals and do some consignment shopping. But there is so much cute stuff out there. Target actually has an outfit I eye every time I go in there but I've managed to pass on it each time. I keep hoping to see a cartwheel for 25% off baby clothes or something so I can buy it.

Pregnancy Ticker