September 2016 Moms
Options

October Randoms

Didn't see this yet so thought I'd jump in and get it started  :)

Re: October Randoms

• Options
    I find it pretty easy to go out in public w/LO. By easy I mean, I have a list ready, diaper bag filled and a plan.  And by public i mean the grocery store. Been out a handful of times in 3 weeks and even attempted going out to eat at a sit down place, it was a diner but still. While I personally don't have a problem with it, I've had a couple random, elderly ladies who seemed to think otherwise and felt the need to tell me what they think of me having LO out. I just smile and nod but in my head im like, Thanks for the concern but we're good! 

• Options
    You can't be a shut in forever! We've been out too, sometimes you have to go places whether you have a baby or not. I love the glances. Oh, and heaven forbid you don't put socks on an infant. I never heard the end of that one from DD1'S great grandma, it was 80 degrees out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've done only a handful of "outings". To the pediatricians office twice and to our local farmers market. We did a few errands during those short trips but it was nice to get out of the house. We've walked around the block in the stroller as well. We stopped by the neighbors to say hi and thank you for some gifts they dropped by.
  • Options
    We have gone out shopping lots of times in these 4 weeks, mainly the grocery store. I didn't worry about it as baby stays in the carseat and isn't being touched by anybody.
  • Options
    Fun @skirtandsandals I want to go to a pumpkin patch a little later into October to start a family tradition, but we haven't planned for it yet. We will see how the weather is and play it by ear!
  • Options
    jenkar01jenkar01 member
    edited October 2016
    We have been out quite a bit. Mostly to the store but some family things and dinners. Went out to a nice restaurant for my SO 30th birthday and LO did great until the end. He got a little warm. It was really warm where we were seated. I was even beginning to sweat. @rock1cherry I want to do the same thing with the pumpkin patch. We are headed to an apple festival today.
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    I haven't been on the bump forever but just caught up on September randoms. I just want to wish you good luck at work tomorrow @jensou!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have taken baby out a few times.  Like @drabong88 said, its more for my mental health and to feel normal.  There is only so much Netflix and daytime TV I can have on.

• Options
    I've been forced out with 2 other kids around, lots of park time. Realized my selection of boob accessible shirts are slim, I like the pull-down-the-neckline method. But being outside definitely helps the sanity. I even went grocery shopping ALONE and left a few ounces of milk with the husband. Baby never woke up. I do need to start having my husband bottle feed so LO is used to it for daycare though. 
    good luck at work @jensou  tomorrow! 
  • Options
    thanks! @hejo2016  and @RG1 (good to see you back!  hope things are well :smile: )

my hubby is out of the country and we have to get out.  you gotta eat!  baby is 6 weeks now so I don't get as many random stranger comments.  but in her earlier weeks we did!  ugh it's so annoying.  also people feel the need to touch her.  it's maddening.  i have found to be helpful either putting a light blanket over her car seat or bringing her in a carrier.  Victoria behaves a little better that way anyway and it keeps the old ladies away!  
  • Options
    also... as @hejo2016 brought up "boob accessible shirts" what sorts of brands are you guys liking?  i have a couple of things from milk but i find them expensive and strange fitting.  my fave is some weird Chinese BearsLand company that I've found on Amazon.  i don't want to crazy and get a ton of stuff, but maybe get a few more nursing shirts / dresses.  

as far as work clothes - thank heavens I can wear scrubs tomorrow.  i can't fit in to my pre-pregnancy uniforms yet and i don't want to keep wearing (although it is authorized) the maternity uniforms.  until then, i'll just be dreaming of the day i can wear pants with zippers again.  all maternity leave it's been yoga pants and maxi dresses!!! 
  • Options
    @jensou ugh! I can't imagine strangers trying to touch my LO. No. Just no. When we go out we always keep her in her car seat with the top folded down and a blanket covering most of her. Look only please! ;-) good luck at work tomorrow btw! Sorry to hear you've got to go back already. Hope it goes well!
  • Options
    @jensou Good luck at work! I haven't gotten any specific nursing tops/clothes. I have a ton of tshirts that are not too snug from Old Navy, so I've resorted to primarily wearing those so far. They are easy to just pull up. I've found the nursing specific clothes just never fit me right, even the nursing bras. I use a bra that just opens in the front. 

Thankfully no one has tried to touch baby yet. I would like to think I'd tell the person off but I'm sure in reality I would probably just walk baby away or something quiet like that. 
  • Options
    I've just been doing v necks from old navy or h&m. I also have a few of those droopy cowl neck shirts that work well. 
  • Options
    I bought a couple nursing tanks off amazon but they are way too revealing to wear in public so I definitely need to shop for some tops to wear. I'm just not wanting to spend the money. No real reason except I don't want to. Right now I'm just planning our outings around her feedings but I can't do that forever. 
  • Options
    I have taken LO out so many times. I'm getting pretty good at BFing in public.  I bring a bottle too just in case he is really fussy and we are in a place that would be difficult to nurse.  No comments from strangers yet and we have a canopy cover over the carseat so no unwanted touching either.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Options
    Here is a random question, that is not applicable to everyone but I am curious and hope not to offend anyone with this question  - how did you choose (or plan to choose) godparents? Did you choose a married couple or purposely split one person from each side? Some people have already been ruled out for lack of involvement in our lives and general life decisions. We are planning to address separately a guardian for baby in the case of something happening to us. 
  • Options
    @CDE20 we purposely pick one godparent from each side.  I also believe it should be blood relative, preferably a brother or sister because in-laws may not always be around.  My stepsons godmother was his mom's brother's wife...they got divorced and now he never sees or hears from her.  My husbands siblings are older (like closer to my parents age) so this time we chose his niece who is 24 and I'm super close with and the godfather is my brother.
  • Options
    For godparents we chose 1 from each side. My sister on my side bc were the closest out of any other friends/siblings and my DH chose his long time BFF. He is closer to his BFF over any of his siblings. It's what works for us personally and what we're the most comfortable with.
    Choosing legal guardians for us follow this same sort of logic w a few tweeks that work for us.
  • Options
    You ladies who go out often are so brave, so far we have only been out for doctor's appointments, breastfeeding clinic and other things like that. One time we went to eat lunch and to shop a little and I felt so weird, he was fussy half the time :( We did go out for a few walks as well before it gets too cold, so those are nice (when baby does not cry).

I signed up for the parents and babies group in my area, they meet once a week for four weeks and it stars in November so hopefully that will help with getting out more and maybe meeting some nice people. The community nurse said often mom's keep meeting up.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    @CDE20 For us we didn't care if they were married or not, but wanted to have godparents we knew would be committed to being in DD's life. We chose from my siblings. (DH is an only child) If he had siblings we would have picked someone from each side. 
  • Options
    Man I am sick of people telling me "your leave will go by so quickly!' and "oh!  Already a month of your leave is gone!".  No shit!  I am well aware and not sure why you are reminding me that soon I will have to hand off my baby to someone else while I work.  Also, 3rd baby, I've been through this crap before!  Shut up!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input on godparents.  I was curious as we just started discussing it. Someone who is part of baby's life is a very important factor. 
  • Options
    Anyone already get their period yet? I did already. LO wasn't even 4 weeks old when I got it and I'm breastfeeding. So don't think just because you are breastfeeding that your period won't come back quickly.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 when did you stop PP bleeding? I'm 11 days PP and mine just became bright red again with a little clotting, and came here to ask if anyone else experienced the same. 
  • Options
    @molosmiles that happened to me. My PP bleeding stopped last Tuesday (2 weeks PP) and in Saturday I had bright red bleeding with clotting for majority of the day. Since then I haven't had any bleeding. 
  • Options
    My PP bleeding stopped probably around two weeks. I had light pink bleeding on and off and then I started bleeding like my periods before I got pregnant. Lasted 6 days which is how long my periods were before pregnancy.
  • Options
    Anyone who had a catheter during labor find they have pain or issues postpartum? I have occasional issues and bleeding that happens up front that I was not sure about. I also have to pee all the time - nursing seems to make it more prevalent. Seems like it could be from my catheter? They had issues putting mine in so I wonder if they did something and it's just not healed yet?
  • Options
    @rock1cherry I had a catheter in during delivery and I am still have some bleeding and pain still at 3 weeks postpartum. My baby was born sunny side up and I had a second degree tear so it's hard to tell what is causing what. I do find that the more active I am, the more likely I am to restart bleeding. As for pain, I think that has more to do his position at birth and not the catheter, though I do have so weird vaginal pains that probably could be from the catheter. I'm just not really sure. 

Also, about nursing making you have to pee, I have that but (TMI warning!) nursing makes me have to poop really, really, really bad. I have no clue what that is about.
  • Options
    @Laraeq hm interesting. I'm not sure what is causing the discomfort. I only had a first degree tear and they said it was inside and not where most people have the tears. She was sunny side up, but the dr used the vacuum to get her lower and then manually rotated her to get her to come out. Tmi but I can tell I'm bleeding in two places when I dab with TP...so I don't know if I'm bleeding from the catheter or what. I've been avoiding looking at it but maybe I should get the mirror out and look before I call the dr. I just didn't know if this is normal. Sigh!

Sometimes nursing makes me have to poop too. I've also experienced some very interesting things with me and baby. Sometimes my tummy growls and not 10 seconds later, baby farts. Just this morning I was sitting down to nurse and DH is in the bathroom so I couldn't go in and my stomach was all gassy and hurting and then I hear the baby's doing the same thing. It's like we are still connected. 
  • Options
    @rock1cherry could it be a uti? I know that can be common after a catheter.  Hilarious about still being connected! 
  • Options
    I don't think it is a UTI because it doesn't hurt to pee and I can pee normally. But it's a possibility. I think I've decided I will brave looking in the mirror and a) see if that's where my stitches were or if there is something visible before anything else. See where the blood is coming from. If there's nothing then I'm gonna assume there is a problem and call the OB. 
  • Options

Bottle/ pump question:

Does everyone wash then sanitize their bottles and pumping containers every time? I have the microwave sanitizer so it is really quick to do, but after searching some things on here have come to realize this may not be necessary? Is this just me as a FTM thinking this is what you do or are you guys doing the same?

• Options
    I sanitized everything before the first time I used them but have just washed things since. I think I'll probably just sanitize every once in a while if I even do it again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I soak them in warm soapy water for 15-30 mins once a day then just rinse with warm water after use during the day.
  • Options
    I have the microwave bags and sanitize bottles and pump parts every time, just because it's so easy. I sanitize nipple shields and pacifiers every couple days.
  • Options
    I only sanitize once in awhile. I have a basin that I let everything soak in warm soapy water and then I rinse.