December 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change - 9/29

Happy Thursday Ladies!

How many weeks?

What size is baby? 

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
Married 10/15/11
M/C October 2014
BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

Re: Thursday Ticker Change - 9/29

• Hope you all like my new avatar - I figure instead of a super old picture of DH and I, my dog is more fun to look at.

How many weeks? 
    30 weeks

What size is baby?  Half of a large Cheesecake Factory cheesecake - thank you Baby Sizer for that awesome image

Upcoming appointments?  Next Tuesday I have a routine appointment, the first of my every other week appointments.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm heading home (IL & WI) this weekend for a family baby shower!  I'm excited, but slightly nervous about bringing gifts home.  My mom insisted that it would be easier for me to fly rather than drive, but now I'm wishing I hadn't listened to her.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Constipation is back for third tri :neutral:  It probably doesn't help that all I want to eat are sweet things.  I need to load up on fiber instead....

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)?  I'm looking forward to making things in the crock pot again.  It just been sitting on the counter all summer with nothing to do.  Stews, pot roast, etc etc.  I'm also happy it's apple cider season.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Happy Thursday! :)

How many weeks?
    29 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments? 
    A checkup on Tuesday! Then we also start every other week and I'm pretty sure they'll do a 3D ultrasound after this next appt! Can't wait to compare this baby to DS's.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I have been ridiculously up and down emotionally. Like I'm talking break downs. It's awful! I've always dealt with anxiety, but it's been magnified by way too much this past week. Thankfully DH talks me through, but he works during the day so things just build until I see him. :( Also, ligament pain, back pain and BH have me knocked on my bootah! Youchies!!

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)?
    I love all things fall! I gues my favorite food would be candied yams. (Technically thanksgiving and Christmas food, but I'm excited!) also I got salted caramel syrup for my coffee and that screams fall to me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • melundiemelundie member
    edited September 2016
    How many weeks? 31 weeks

What size is baby? Cantaloupe or a zucchini depending on the app you check.

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday. It's the first of my every other week appointments.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My baby shower is Saturday! I've started getting a bunch of gifts in the mail and I'm already getting a little anxious about the sheer amount of stuff that's beginning to accumulate. :s It really makes me want to clean and purge other stuff in the house. I cleaned the bathrooms the other day...next step is the laundry room (It's the size of a small walk-in closet, and the only place in the house where we have any storage space) but it's really daunting.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I've definitely been feeling very emotional in the last couple weeks. Add rib pain and leaky breasts and we have a lovely little trifecta going on--NOT!

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? All caramel, all the time...so not really a fall favorite. I've been really into pumpkin flavored things the last couple weeks, so I guess we'll go with that! I also looooooove eating soups and stews, so I'm excited to finally get back to eating those now that the weather's getting cooler.
    Me: 29 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: October 20, 2012
    TTC Since: March 2016
    BFP: March 27, 2016
    EDD: December 3, 2016
  • How many weeks?
    What size is baby? 
    eggplant
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Today - I go in for the glucose test & I think the tdap vaccination.  Wish me luck!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I've been trying to find a doula, and am starting to get concerned that because I'm due so close to Christmas it is going to be impossible to find one, or they're going to be crazy expensive.  So far I've had 1 not available, and 1 not return my call.  FX the one I contacted this morning is available.
    Lots of achey symptoms.  Shoulder pain, lower bump pain (round ligament??), frustration at slowing down and not being able to do as much as I would like to be doing, up at night to use the bathroom, hip issues (blaming the SI joint), and the lovely feeling that my breastbone is being cracked in half.  My belly support finally arrived from Zulilly yesterday, so I'm giving it a try today and hoping it helps with the lower bump pain.  Oh yeah, and had some heartburn recently, too.  No real cravings or aversions, but have been avoiding peppers like the plague once I realized the insane amount of gas they give me.
    I really like Starbucks' pumpkin cream cheese muffins.  Don't think I'm going to be making much of anything since just getting dinner ready wears me out (and that totally makes me feel pathetic).
  • edited September 2016
    How many weeks? 31

What size is baby? Asparagus - how I don't know.

Upcoming appointments? Every Wednesday

Rants/Raves/Questions? This is pretty flame-worthy, but I no longer care

I am ready to be done. This child needs to evacuate, like yesterday. Mental, emotionally, physically, and financially I am at my limit. I need/want to go home, live in my house, cook my own food, sleep -not on someone's couch, actually have a vehicle if I want to do something, be able to take care of H with food and love.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? All day, everyday mild on/off contractions, anxiety about making it 1 more day with my sanity intact, depression, insomnia.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food? Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? I love crockpot food. Today I am planing to make my crockpot enchila soup/dip thing. Hopefully my parents and sisters like it as much as H.

EDit to fix mobile spacing.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @karmba I just got back from my Indiana baby shower. I took one barely-filled suitcase and had left a second at my in-law's when I went to visit this summer. (I flew Southwest, so thank goodness for the 2 bags free policy!) The shower was book-themed, and I got a library for this kid, which I shipped back home via media mail, which is a much cheaper rate than regular shipping. Everything else fit perfectly in the two suitcases -- luckily I didn't get anything huge that wasn't shipped directly to my house. Good luck! And have fun!

@Kate08Young Sorry to hear you're struggling. I do not blame you. How long have you been on bedrest? It's been quite awhile, right? :/

How many weeks?
    27...can I call it third tri yet? ;)

What size is baby? A large bottle of Sriracha. Who knows what my ticker actually says...

Upcoming appointments? Had my glucose finger prick test yesterday and the number was fine. Next appointment is in 3 weeks, and then it's the transition to every 2 weeks! Aah!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Here's something funny: I complained to my MW about my sciatic pain yesterday so she decided to try cupping on me, since she'd just taken a workshop this weekend. I'm not sure it *actually* helped, but hey -- I got to lay on my belly in a little nest she made me and relax for about twenty minutes. I am not complaining!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Occasional BH, sciatic pain, peeing. Overall doing pretty okay. No cravings or aversions that I've noticed.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food? Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? I make this killer olive oil pumpkin bread. You know I made it even before September hit to prepare for pumpkin spice season! Also, I finally got the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios and they are BOMB. So yum.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon it's been about 9 weeks, with 4 of them finding me on my parents couch because of NICU location.

How was your shower?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• How many weeks? 31...only nine more to go!

What size is baby? A bunch of asparagus or a head of romaine lettuce. These sizes are really starting to not make much sense.

Upcoming appointments? Ultrasound scheduled for next week, since I'm apparently "elderly." Happy I get to see the little guy though, I haven't seen him since 22 weeks!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I cannot sleep well at all lately, I've just been a zombie this week. Preparation for what's to come I guess?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Donuts. There's a Dunkin Donuts next to my chiropractor's office and it's really hard to not stop there on the way back from an appointment.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? Soup. Chili, pho, chicken noodle - any type really. Had my first bowl of pho for the season over the weekend and it was so delicious.
  • How many weeks? 30

What size is baby? zucchini

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Really tired of the MS and the cramping. :(

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? My favorite fall food is pumpkin pie with whipped cream and vanilla icecream, not sure if I'll be able to eat any this fall though. I'll be eating it for Christmas though!
  • @Kate08Young Boo to the couch situation :( Shower was great! People actually came, and my MIL did a great job of pulling everything off. Shower #2, the squadron shower, is this weekend!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Happy Thursday Ladies!

How many weeks? 

What size is baby? Coconut (DH was offended by this this AM)

Upcoming appointments? Had one this week, next one in 2 weeks.  Nothing exciting going on except I'll start rotating to meet the doctors I haven't met yet.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm not sleeping well and am so tired.  Acid reflux has gotten pretty bad.  Also I've reached a size where I'm physically uncomfortable most of the time.  How am I going to keep getting bigger for 9 more weeks??

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  See above.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)?  I love Apple pie and Apple cider.  I also love a good red wine sangria with cinnamon and fall fruits.  I'd love to go Apple picking but that may be too much of an adventure at this point.

@Kate08Young - I don't have anything helpful to say other than I don't think it's wrong or flameworthy for you to be over this.  You have had a tough road and I'd totally be losing it if I were you.
  • How many weeks? 29 Weeks!

What size is baby? pineapple or rabbit?

Upcoming appointments? I am having appts every other week, so will have one next Thursday. I am also meeting my doula for our first prenatal appointment on Sunday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  We are meeting a second solar company for a price check today. DH texts and says he is swamped with work so I will have to deal with it alone. Typically I wouldn't mind but when we met the sales guy he was kind of a mansplainer. We will see how much I put up with him haha. 

I met my new mentor today and she is amazing. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  I've been really tired lately and have low energy. I made one of those cook once, eat 3x meals from cooking light and it used 2.5 lbs. of beef to make chili which was then the base for three meals. I am DONE with chili and there is one more meal to make UGH.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? APPLE PIE - all the pie. I make a really good crust that has two sticks of butter. Also we love soups as a family so am excited about making soups. I bought a pumpkin to make pumpkin apple soup this week! (it's getting cold here in the 50s-60s). 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @PensiveCrayon  That's exactly what I'm doing!  I'm flying with my largest suitcase partially filled and then taking one of my parents back with me.  They can reclaim it when they come out to meet the baby.

@Kate08Young  I don't think this is flameworthy AT ALL.  You've been through a lot this pregnancy and it's awesome that you've made it to 31 weeks.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• R0824HR0824H member
    edited October 2016
    Hi Ladies, I'm late to this thread Thursday was just non existent for me and yesterday was crazy busy!

How many weeks? 31

What size is baby? a foam finger?

Upcoming appointments? Had my ultrasound yesterday to check the weight but we had a super bitchy tech that said nothing to us the whole time, so i'll have to wait until my appointment on Wednesday to hear the results.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been finding sleep to be rough too, I can get a solid 4 hours but after that my bed is no longer comfortable and I get 20 minute micro naps on my couch. And on the nights I do sleep well, when my husband gets home at 4 am and gets to bed...our kitten becomes the biggest ass on the face of the planet pushing things off our dresser, pouncing on our feet, or biting our charger cords :| so I have to go to the couch anyway and he just follows me and plays with his toys.
    RAVE: My shower is tomorrow!!!! :D I am very excited but I have to rant that I have a skin condition where I get a cold sore gone rogue on my cheek and it decided to show up which would be ok if I could hide it with makeup but i'm talking swollen, crusted, pus filled lesions...yeah pretty picture :/

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?   anything with sugar basically

GTKY: What is your favorite fall food?  Is there anything you're excited about making now that it's getting colder (supposedly)? I love cream soups, and also fall=thanksgiving, thanksgiving=turkey dinner, turkey dinner= desserts 3 lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker