December 2016 Moms

Myths people tell you...

I know we have all heard our fair share, but someone I know said to me today "Well, I hope you are roughing up your nipples, because boys nurse way more aggressively than girls!"

Omg. No, and no. 

Lets hear yours!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Myths people tell you...

• Loading the player...
  • Horrible morning sickness means you're having a girl. Not every case.
    Definitely not the case with me! Lol
  • I have a friend who can't have kids and thinks she has a 6th sense about the sex. She hadn't even seen me when I told her and said boy.

Then I had two older ladies tell me that they are never wrong and that I was having a girl. Friend was right. Baby is a boy.

The heartburn thing was true with my mom with me. But MIL had bad heartburn with Dh and he had no hair. So we shall see.

I'm also in the frustrated about defending the size of my bump camp. I'm being compared to a woman at work who is due in February but on her 5th pregnancy. "Your so tiny." Just stop. I'm like a foot taller than all of you!!! Of course I'm small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited September 2016
    SmashJam said:
    I've been told that drinking caffeine while pregnant will keep your baby from sleeping through the night...DS is a great sleeper and I had the MAX caffeine allowed when pregnant with him.
    That's good to know, as I've been maxing out my daily caffeine intake at least a few times a week.☕️  :p

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Yeah, I've been getting this one lately too.  EDD of 12/6, and my aunt is currently pouting because I'm not going to drive 5.5 hours to Northern Minnesota (hello, bad weather?) the weekend of Thanksgiving for her 50th wedding anniversary party.  Newsflash lady, 38 weeks pregnant or not, 5.5 hours in the car is not fun.  I can't even picture how I would start to get comfortable on a road trip like that right now...let alone in another 8 weeks!  

ALSO ADDING - my girlfriend from high school just had her little one - 3 WEEKS EARLY!  Not induced, no concerns that would result in her going early, just that the baby was ready.  So there!
    Most OBs will give you travel restrictions starting around 36 weeks. Mine were no further than 1 hr from the hospital. 
    Oh, I wasn't even going to wait for the doctor's restrictions. I told her back in July we would not be attending!  My parents are making their decision whether or not to go at the last possible minute. They don't want to be 5.5 hours away if I go in labor early with their first grandbaby  :#
  • tinattt23 said:
    My grandma says it's not safe to lift you arms above your head while pregnant. Apparently we should all have some really nasty dirty hair for 9 months...
    I was told if you lift your arms above your head the umbilical cord will wrap around the baby's neck lol
  • @ea301 that one drove me NUTS when I was pregnant with DD1. Like totally batty. 
    people can shove it.
  • temmetime said:
    "If you have an easy pregnancy, you'll have a difficult baby. If you've had a difficult pregnancy, you'll have an easy baby."

Hey b*tch, don't make me feel bad for having a breezy pregnancy so far! :|
    Such BS. Up until 36weeks with L it was a breeze. He is a super chill baby. Like we literally took him to cards in the drive home from the hospital, and he has gone ever since. He STTN from day 2.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Horrible morning sickness means you're having a girl. Not every case.
    Definitely not the case with me! Lol
    I thought of you when I wrote it @ashleaf2018. Hoping you get some relief soon.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker