Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 9/28

13»

Re: WTO Wednesday 9/28

• Options
    @LuND it really is terribly confusing.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options

@motherhubbard19 I only check CM when wiping so I may not be the right person to ask since I don't experience any confusion - my EWCM is noticeably different from residual sperm. But I think checking the next day after evening BD should be enough time.

@Aurora1973 I read that you shouldn't put bras in the washer at all so I am right there with you! When it's bra washing day, there are bras everywhere in our apartment. DH thinks it is so weird.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adirat LOL, and I'm sure it's true, yet I do.  But not the dryer!  I'm only doing it half-right, haha.  I do try to use a lingerie bag (although mine got lost when we moved, so I need to buy a new one) and hook them so they don't snag on other clothes.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    @Aurora1973 Yes, I just started last week and went again earlier this week.  Ideally, I will go the day before or right before my IUI and right after.  The practice is in the same office as my RE so its super convenient to coordinate the two.  I like it but I find it a little weird trying to relax there and last time I went in the middle of the day so it was hard to back to work after essentially napping for 30 minutes.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 Yes, I've had that trouble, too.  I've been scheduling after work because of that and so that I can avoid taking more time off.  That's not always an option, I know.  Plus, the first 10 or 15 minutes of driving home is odd, too, LOL  That's awesome you're doing it in conjunction with IUI.  FX for you!!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @adirat The reason I am curious is because (and this is the probably TMI part) I have noticed I have a lot of discharge the morning/day after having unprotected sex. We BD'd last night I checked my CM earlier today and it was definitely EW consistency (CP was really high too, assuming I am checking correctly) where yesterday it was watery. Yesterday was the first time I have ever checked and like I said I am not consistently charting these things yet. Just curious about it all and want to make sure I am doing it right and I was not sure if it was only that consistency because I had sex last night or because I am about to O. All the ladies on here seem very helpful so I figured I would ask. Hope my question makes sense.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @motherhubbard19 One of the things that I read (I think it was in TCOYF) is that CM does not dissolve in water and semen does.  If you are checking internally, you can try putting the discharge in water and if it dissolves, it's not CM.  If you are just checking when wiping like @adirat does, I'm not sure if there would be a way to tell the two apart

If you haven't read TCOYF yet, I would recommend you pick up a copy and read it.  It is incredibly informative about the way our bodies work!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @JDW0325 of coarse you can join us in our waiting game.  I'm so sorry for your loss,  it sucks.  Has your dr been motoring your HCG levels as well?  I'll keep checking in with you, it's nice to have the support and know your not in this waiting game alone.

@hartmich My anniversary was a bit of a bust.  Hubby got home from work just after 9, we busted out the wine and then my son woke up.  It took me awhile to get him back to sleep and hubby was unconscious on the couch by the time I came back down, so I slammed my wine and we want to bed.  He's promising me a nice dinner date this weekend (but I don't know if he will turn down work to actually pull through on that!)
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    @hartmich My dr suggested waiting for my body to heal. I feel like my dr is pretty progressive so maybe this is just a rule of thumb thing that she follows? I feel ready though. Hmmmm
    @redpuma119 My dr said the reason they used to ask people to wait was mostly for timing reasons but with ultrasounds and what not there is really no reason not to try if you feel ready.  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    @motherhubbard19 Here's FF's guide - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Distinguishing-Semen-and-Cervical-Fluid.html

And I second the recommendation to read TCOYF. Best book ever!

• Options
    @bumpybump sorry about CD1, creepy internet hugs. We too cloth diaper and I am a bit neurotic about how they are folded. DH does it the opposite way and it bothers me. I try to let it go but some times I cant and I have to redo it. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    lulu1180 said:
    @motherhubbard19 One of the things that I read (I think it was in TCOYF) is that CM does not dissolve in water and semen does.  If you are checking internally, you can try putting the discharge in water and if it dissolves, it's not CM.  If you are just checking when wiping like @adirat does, I'm not sure if there would be a way to tell the two apart

If you haven't read TCOYF yet, I would recommend you pick up a copy and read it.  It is incredibly informative about the way our bodies work!
    I believe if you are checking with wiping, semen dissolves into the toilet paper a bit, but EWCM just sits on top. I could be wrong, though.
  • Options
    lulu1180 said:

I believe if you are checking with wiping, semen dissolves into the toilet paper a bit, but EWCM just sits on top. I could be wrong, though.
    I remember reading something along these lines but I couldn't remember if it was semen that dissolves in the TP or if it was urine.  Thanks @britters314!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    lulu1180 said:

Thanks @britters314 -- this must explain why I have never had an issue differentiating leftovers from EWCM! They do look quite different on the toilet paper.

@bumpybump Sorry to see you are back here for CD1 :(

• Options
    @wabash15 - Haha, I still count you as my cycle buddy too! We're so close. I've started posting my temp on a hard copy chart in the bathroom for DH to see, so he maybe understands. That's the way I know which CD it is.
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • Options
    @rainbowturtles I think yesterday was O day for me too!
  • Options
    @maebee87 You still took a really big step in the right direction today so you should feel good about that.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited September 2016
    @redpuma119 Haha they are almost never an actual matching pair! Like today I have pink and tan undies and a nude colored bra. If I don't have something close to the colors I am wearing, I go with tan!
    @laurad75 Haha yeah, and lately all I have been wearing is dresses so I don't get annoyed when I don't have the same shade of a color (like dark grey pants and light grey cardigan). 
    @ladystinson I don't envy you. I hope things get better with your ex. My sis has a similar issue, but he only wants some custody to avoid paying child support. He also got a judge to rule that she doesn't get any support (even though 3/4 of her kids are his and one has Down Syndrome with heart and lung issues) because she makes more than he does. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @eggplantface for preseed to be used for awhile...Do you reuse the applicator, have applicators, or not use any?

• Options
    @PolarBear517 You did all of that from mobile bumping??? Holy crap!
  • Options
    dinosaurdinosaur member
    edited September 2016
    JackieMarie1989LuND - Budget Bytes is the best!!! I have her book.
    @deadasthatsquirrel - Love that picture!!! 

Edit: Bump isn't formatting correctly :(
  • Options
    @PolarBear517 I'm very OCD about leaving things turned on. I've had to go home many times and I seriously freak out if I think I left something on.  We put a night light in the outlet where I straightenen my hair so I tell myself out loud that I'm unplugging the straightener & plugging in the night light and that sometimes helps
  • Options
    @jeg07 sorry about CD1, that gif is amazing! It says everything. Hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Sorry I never got to come back and reply... internet at home is on the fritz and mobile bumping sucks.  

@zwink1 My wondfos finally arrived.  I will definitely be using those from here on out... at least after I use the last CBAD tomorrow.  Because I sure as heck won't be buying those again.
    @vflux33 that was my thinking when I bought them as well. I figured a digital reading would be much easier but these have literally driven me BSC!
    @bumpybump Sorry for CD1 :( 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17