March 2017 Moms

Never say ____ to a pregnant woman!

2»

Re: Never say ____ to a pregnant woman!

• jenny0228jenny0228 member
    edited September 2016
    Most people have no idea how IVF even works. They think everyone who has twins did IVF. Some types of IVF leave no possibility of twins, such as in my case. They don't always put more than one embryo in! We told close family that we had been trying for a while, and due to some losses and my low egg reserve we did IVF and everyone's first comment (before congratulations, mind you) was "Well are you sure there's not two in there?!" YES I'M SURE!!!!! erggg... 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kjd291 I'm sorry :( My dad kind of did the same thing but about hunting and fishing.  Um girls can do all of those things if you take the time to teach them.  Just like with boys.  My patience with this topic is wearing thin.  I know older people were raised in a different time but geez.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 Awww that is very sweet of your dad.  They are going to have tons of fun!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited September 2016
    @kjd291 & @kap1988 I agree it's so annoying to hear the stereotypical gender expectations people have. The day we found out & told people we're expecting a boy so many people commented on the sports stuff & started genuinely congratulating my husband on having a son, telling him things like "oh you must be so happy to have someone you can take golfing/play ball/watch football with etc..." Guarantee you the people saying congrats on having a boy wouldn't be saying a thing if it was a girl (or offering condolences in a joking/not-actually-joking way) 

Today I had a coworker say "Wow, you really popped!" ...umm.....thanks. Most days she annoys me to a remarkable degree, but today I felt a whole new level of being pissed off at her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jem89jem89 member
    edited September 2016
    I keep getting "it must be a boy because you have filled out more than the previous pregnancies"... Um just no. I am almost 18 weeks so I am pretty sure that I am smaller than when I was 40+ weeks. Also, I looked somewhat different each of the three times that I had girls. Oh and I am bigger than 18 weeks ago but I have actually lost weight since being pregnancy. I realize that I look pregnant but being like 25 lbs less than when I gave birth to my last one, I find it offensive that you think I look fatter now! (edit: spelling)
  • Liss_37 said:

newest one: "so does your doctor think your weight gain is on track? are they happy with it?"

me: I'm not sure what you mean, I'm in 2nd trimester and I've actually LOST weight so... 

them: Oh....really?? (skeptical face) Because you're OBVIOUSLY filling out. I mean, everyone can tell.

me: well the babies seem to be getting what they need then don't they?

them: silence

/hulksmash

seriously?!?!?! I can't even believe what you Mamas are having to listen to! Unbelievable!
  • My boyfriend and I were watching Star Trek the other day and they were discussing another ship's cargo. He goes, "Baby! Max is your cargo!" Which was sorta true and cute, but then he keeps talking. "You're like a semi truck and max is your cargo!" Which is met with glares, but as he rarely knows when to quit talking, he replies to my glare with... "Like a barge?!" I threw a pillow at him!

Things not to say to a pregnant lady? Most things that come out of his mouth! But we still love him (: