I think about half of us are about halfway to our EDD's and I am already getting ready to setup a birth playlist. I *think* I am going to have 2- 4 separate playlists to keep me in the mood. JW what everyone else has planned. I know with hypnobirthing the sooner and more often you "practice" the better, so I hope to be able to listen to these playlists over the next few months to train myself in a semi-hypno-birthing sort of way.
My two schemas (schemata?) are this-Schema (A)
- Playlist 1 for early labor and afterbirth-nursing (calming, loving, nurturing, even mellow- I personally advise my clients to sleep as much as they can in early labor)
- Playlist 2 for active, transitional and pushing (definitely more upbeat, very rhythmic, empowering)
- Playlist 1 for early labor
- Playlist 2 for active/transitional labor
- Playlist 3 for pushing
- Playlist 4 for afterbirth-nursing
I guess it just depends on how knitty gritty I get. I will probably go with A so I am not worried about me or anyone else switching playlists around. I am looking into getting The Rhythm Within ,
which a doula helped to put together and I've heard amazing things about in doula circles, but I am still unsure. (link:https://www.prodoula.com/product/the-rhythm-within-2-cd-set/
) (not an advertisement)
Anyway, lets all share our "Birth Soundtracks" .. please?