Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 9/27

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What was your first impression of your DH?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: WTO Tuesday 9/27

• Loading the player...
  • @lulu1180 I personally stop after O because I think I read somewhere it prevents absorption of folic acid... maybe. I personally don't love it so that's really why I don't continue! 

• @GeorgiaWife6912 step away from the chart compares. You're chart is unique to you and could have totally different results. There are just too many variables to take into consideration then matching charts. 

@lulu1180 congrats on the EW cm! Hopefully you O soon! Also I always stop the tea because I hate it. But maybe switch to decaf?

@NYTino24 holy baby mamas everywhere. Hang in there!
  • @BertiemeetsGertie I have wondered this too. There could be a couple things in play. One is that people of Asian descent may not react to soy in the same way given that sensitivity to soy in cultures with a lot of soy in the diet would fade out over many generations (given that people with issues would be less likely to procreate and/or have fewer babies, and therefore the sensitivity is less likely to appear in the population over time). Another is that "natural" soy products like edamame or tofu don't have the same estrogenic effects as "processed" soy products like soy lecithin (which is often considered to be the most estrogenic -- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21801783). A friend of mine who used to live in China told me that sperm counts among Chinese men are lower than among men in low-soy cultures (of course I can't find a citation for this now) and that Chinese families tended to have fewer children in pre-contraceptive eras than in other areas of the world. Of course with the one-child policy for Han Chinese couples, issues are not as apparent in the birth rate as they may otherwise be.

• @KhRun17 @wabash15 Thanks y'all.  The logical me knows that those charts have no effect on me.  Just gotta get the emotional me on board.  

@wabash15 as a fellow migraine-sufferer, I'm so sorry you had to deal with that last night.  But how awesome of your H to step up and let you crawl into bed to try to sleep it off.  I'm glad you are feeling better this morning! 

@KhRun17 our highs are still in the 90s today.  I would probably be freezing with your temps but I would take it as a change for a day or two.  I am OVER this heat. 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• @MrsN092714 That is really tough generally and even shittier TTCAL. I'm so sorry. Creepy internet hugs for you -- I hope you are kind to yourself today.

• @MrsN092714 so many creepy internet hugs to you! Fx you and DH can get a date night in.  Do something for yourself today <3

DD born 7.27.17

• TW!
    Ugh ladies. It's my first cycle TTCAL
    I have very consistent cycles 28-30 days. O on CD 16 or 17. Well had all the signs O was coming and no positive OPk in site. I'm CD 16 today. 
    Hoping tomorrow I get a positive. 
    My temps and other signs look like O today! 
    So confusing. 
  • @mrsn092714 creepy internet hugs girl. I would be an emotional basket case if I heard that news. It is unbelievably hard when all you want is a little one in your arms and that dream goes away, then someone who may not be as appreciative of the gift gets it so easily. You have the right to feel all the feels today. Try to be good to yourself.
    @crystalpdx it could be spotting associated with O it could also be some irritation of your cervix from the BD. Don't count yourself out yet. I know the wait is hard but hopefully your temps over the next few days will confirm O. Don't jump down the rabbit hole
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @adirat I knew I wasn't crazy! I never looked too far into it since I don't drink a ton of tea. But a little knowledge never hurt anyone right?

@MrsN092714 I'm so sorry you had to hear that news, lady. I totally get how you feel and I wish for nothing more that anyone who wanted a baby just got one easily, and the people who don't take care of them or whatever had the struggles. Life isn't fair and I hate that. 

• @mrsdaddario I havent been on birth control since Oct '12, so I'm guessing it's just an off cycle.  I'm not new to temping, and I did have one or two cycles like this before DS but it's still frustrating when the majority of them haven't been this long.  Especially since this is the first cycle ttc again haha.  GET IT TOGETHER BODY!  Also, the heat apparently isn't over for ALL of the east coast! it's 93 here today in Georgia! Yay for a good scan! And fx for a great IUI.  Hopefully this is your cycle!  Happy Anniversary!

DD born 7.27.17

• @crystalpdx i have spotted during O a few times.. generally brownish and not enough for a panty liner. It also had some EWCM in it so I wasn't too confused. 

I have also spotted way before O and way after a period (so unrelated to either) and I have no idea why that would happen. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @Callalily25 Your temps are fine. There's barely any variation -- your "rise" is literally less than 0.1 degree. You should see a real spike for O. If you look at others' charts, you'll see there's much more variation and O can still be seen. To your CM question, I started getting fertile CM my first cycle off HBC, so it can be any time. For me the biggest variable is hydration -- if I don't drink enough water, I dry right up.

@mrsdaddario Haha, thanks! I'm trying to eat healthy but don't doubt that bacon crossed my mind this morning... I love your interpretation of wedding anniversaries! Have a wonderful anniversary celebration!

@RunRestRepeat I temp every weekday morning when I get up for work at 6:30 regardless of cycle day. I don't temp on the weekends if I'm on AF or TWW, but I do temp on weekends if I'm around O or I'm getting up early for another reason. I know others on here temp every day and still others don't temp at all during AF. You'll figure out what works out best for you. For me, I don't find it stressful at all to temp every weekday but I don't want to get up early on weekends unless I might be near O.

• @mrsdaddario yes, cleared by my OB and RE.