March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments Check-in (09/26-10/1)

Hello ladies!!! Tell us about ur appointments this week!!! <3 also... Sunday is October 1st yall!!! OCTOBER!!!! :#

Did you or will you have an appointment this week?

How did it go / what are you looking forward to?

Raves & rants:

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab?

How far along are you?

Multi or rocking the singleton?

Do you know the gender(s) yet?

Have you announced yet?

When is your next appointment?

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment?

GTNY: fav fall scent?

SaveSave

Re: Weekly Appointments Check-in (09/26-10/1)

• Options
    mrsyimstermrsyimster member
    edited September 2016
    kjd291 said:
    Anatomy Scan on Wednesday!! So so excited to find out if we're having another girl or if we get to try our hand at raising a little boy! 

CANT wait to hear about it!!! <3 hoping for a great appointment for you coming Wednesday!!! I have another MFM appointment Wednesday too! =] they apparently does anatomy for them each time im at that office. its the best thing ever!! seeing their little feet and hands!! <3

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bump

SaveSave
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Just left one a little while ago. 

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? It went well. Uneventful, which is a beautiful thing. I got my second half of the sequential screen bloodwork done, and scheduled my anatomy scan! 

Raves & rants: Something about shitty sleep.

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? Not today. Just listened to little avocado's heartbeat.

How far along are you? 16w, 1d

Multi or rocking the singleton? Singleton

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Our anatomy scan is 10/27, but at our last u/s, the tech said it looked like a girl. The Sneakpeek results also said it was a girl. So I'm pretty confident that I have a little lady on board!

Have you announced yet? Yep! And in the last few weeks I've received approximately 300 books.

When is your next appointment? 10/25 for the OBGYN, 10/27 for the next ultrasound

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Confirming the gender, seeing her little fingers/toes, and how much she's developed since 13 weeks.

GTNY: fav fall scent? Burning leaves, oddly enough. I'm looking forward to being able to use our fireplace again too. 

DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @catrb89 burning leaves lol. so random... but I totally understand, I have an outdoor firepit.

SaveSave
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Had one this morning!

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? All good.  Heard the heartbeat of 152 and scheduled the anatomy scan for 3 weeks from today.  Just glad to get some reassurance that everything seems good.  Oh!  I also had some bloodwork done to check for spina bifida.

Raves & rants: My dreams have been CRAZY.  Mostly about my dog.  I got my flu shot today and now my arm hurts!!  I've never had a flu shot before and asked the nurse if it hurt.  She said "it will hurt tonight."  She was right!

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? No ultrasound (but I've already had 3), just doppler heartbeat.

How far along are you? 17w 3d

Multi or rocking the singleton? Just the singleton

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Yes, girl!  Since I'm 35+, I had the NIPT testing done so we've known for a month and a half or so (geez!  that seems so long ago!)

Have you announced yet? Just made it "FB Official" today after our appointment!

When is your next appointment? Anatomy Scan on 10/18!  I'll be halfway through!

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Seeing how much she's grown!!!!  And for more than like 5 minutes (which is the usual length of US's, it seems!)

GTNY: fav fall scent? Graham! Or apple pie.  Also wood fires.

Good luck tomorrow @mrsyimster and @kjd291!!  So excited to read how your appointments go!

Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    How did it go: Anatomy Scan this morning! It was so stressful! The tech was sweet, but quiet and hesitant all the way along so I was convinced something was wrong.  She then left the room for 15minites to "consult" the doctor and nearly gave me a heart attack.  Then made me do another vaginal ultrasound to "check something" All is fine--just some cysts around my cervix with the doctor said is normal and isn't worried about at all. 

How far along are you? By EDD I'm 19weeks, baby was measuring at 18. They said it's not enough difference to change the due date, but I'm definitely thinking closer to 18 is the correct dating-so I won't be getting my hopes up About a baby till 41 weeks ;)

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Again, this tech annoyingly hesitant about gender... finally saying "I guess I think it's a girl"  ... this now has me slightly second guessing, but I'm trying to ignore it and just get excited about baby girl! I'm excited about my DD1 having a baby sister! 

When is your next appointment? Monday of next week I meet a new midwife at the practice, one of 4 that might deliver me.  

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Looking forward to going over the ultrasound results -asking about why they were concerned about cervix in the scan, and maybe getting some reassurance about the "potty shots" definitely being a girl. also meeting this new midwife: I've liked the ones I've met so far so so much! 

GTNY: fav fall scent? Cinnamon Apple 

• Options
    kjd291 said:
    How did it go: Anatomy Scan this morning! It was so stressful! The tech was sweet, but quiet and hesitant all the way along so I was convinced something was wrong.  She then left the room for 15minites to "consult" the doctor and nearly gave me a heart attack.  Then made me do another vaginal ultrasound to "check something" All is fine--just some cysts around my cervix with the doctor said is normal and isn't worried about at all. 

How far along are you? By EDD I'm 19weeks, baby was measuring at 18. They said it's not enough difference to change the due date, but I'm definitely thinking closer to 18 is the correct dating-so I won't be getting my hopes up About a baby till 41 weeks ;)

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Again, this tech annoyingly hesitant about gender... finally saying "I guess I think it's a girl"  ... this now has me slightly second guessing, but I'm trying to ignore it and just get excited about baby girl! I'm excited about my DD1 having a baby sister! 

When is your next appointment? Monday of next week I meet a new midwife at the practice, one of 4 that might deliver me.  

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Looking forward to going over the ultrasound results -asking about why they were concerned about cervix in the scan, and maybe getting some reassurance about the "potty shots" definitely being a girl. also meeting this new midwife: I've liked the ones I've met so far so so much! 

GTNY: fav fall scent? Cinnamon Apple 

omg I would get a heartattack... but im glad everything went well!! I would call it a girl!!!! <3

SaveSave
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Today! (9/28)

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? It went well. Everything is going like it should. Got a flu shot.

Raves & rants: First time hearing the heartbeat! The med student put the fetal doppler too high and found my heartbeat. lol The doc was able to find the babe immediately. 150 bpm.

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? No ultrasound, but we did schedule the anatomy scan

How far along are you? 14 weeks

Do you know the gender(s) yet? not yet, but the Harmony test results should be in soon

Have you announced yet? Only to immediate family and a couple of friends. Waiting to find out the gender before spreading the news

When is your next appointment? Nov 2

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Hearing the babe again, and being 19 weeks aka almost halfway done!

GTNY: fav fall scent? Apple cider. I'm not into the whole pumpkin thing, although I do love pumpkin bread and cookies, but give me all the apples!

• Options
    Appointment check in, in multi mom weekly check in post.... 
    I don't feel like updating again here...

SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrsyimster I just read your update and I'm sending you and your babies all of the good juju I can muster... Hang in there momma! Thinking of you
  • Options
    @mrsyimster thinking about you and sending your two baby girls all the best thoughts and prayers.  Hopefully you're able to get some rest without nightmares.  Big hugs to you.
  • Options
    @mrsyimster prayers for you and your little beans! 
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Just had the 2nd blood work for the sequential screen

How did it go / what are you looking forward towell - blood work for me is always difficult....i have very deep veins so it's difficult for the nurses to find sometimes.  This one it took a while.  Also I got some of the blood work results back from last time, that my dr didn't tell me.  

Raves & rantsWell - my PAPP A results were a little low so they want me to come back at 32 weeks to check on the growth of my LO.  All the other results are normal, so if anything the low result would just be an indicator that we'll have a smaller baby.  Now something to think about :-/

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Abnope

How far along are you16 W 1d

Multi or rocking the singletonsingleton

Do you know the gender(s) yetno - won't find out until November

Have you announced yetyes - everyone knows.  

When is your next appointment10/20 OBGYN, and then 11/3 for AS!! 

What are you looking forward to at your next appointmentI hope the AS goes well and shows our baby growing fine for 21 weeks (we can't do it week 20 so I have to wait another week!)  

GTNY: fav fall scentCinnamon or pumpkin spice

ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    sorry to read about you PAPP A results @mecoats but glad all the other results are normal.

thinking about you this AM @mrsyimster.  Hopefully you were able to get some rest. 
  • Options
    @mrsyimster - Sending good juju your way!  
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Yes. Finally got my lab results and met with the antenatal nurses. 

How did it go / what are you looking forward to?

It was a huge leap for mama kind, considering I'm nearly 18 weeks. The antenatal nurses are probably the nicest people I've met at this hospital besides my in-law's friend who helped me cut through the lab red tape. 

Raves & rants:

They really don't want to hear me on delaying the scan until 20 weeks. They won't even give me the maternity book with all of my appointments until I bring the pelvic scan results. 

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab?

No but it seems I will have one Monday right before I see the OB. I asked them to check the heartbeat with a fetoscope (lol) as an ultrasound stall tactic and ended up with a Doppler on my belly instead. I can't lie, that was kind of amazing. Especially since today is exactly 3 months since my BFP. 

How far along are you?

17 weeks + 5 days

Multi or rocking the singleton?

Assuming single but I guess I will find out Monday (whether I want to or not)

Do you know the gender(s) yet?

No

Have you announced yet?

Somewhat. Not on social media but its not a secret anymore. 

When is your next appointment?

Monday, Monday...

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment?

Getting my maternity book!

GTNY: fav fall scent?

Thankfully I can skip all the autumn and winter fun lol but when I was still living in the temperate USA, it would have been apples and pumpkin, both baked. 

• Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? I have one tomorrow! 17+2 

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Looking forward to hearing heartbeat and checking on my SCH. 

Raves & rants: Raves are its cooling off here and so nice to wear a light jacket and jeans!

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? I am not sure if they will do an ab u/s or not tomorrow. 

How far along are you? 17+2

Multi or rocking the singleton? Single!

Do you know the gender(s) yet? It's a Girl!

Have you announced yet? We have announced - now the planning is underway - this pregnancy is truly flying by!

GTNY: fav fall scent? Bath and Body Works "Leaves" candle. It smells sooooo good!

• Options
    @lindsey2017: "this pregnancy is truly flying by!"

Seriously! I guess all the sleeping and nausea and emotional turmoil during the first couple of months helped us lose track of time lol
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Had two on Monday 9/26. First one with Maternal Fetal Med and second one with regular OB. 

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Went well, both of them, except having to schedule a preventative cerclage surgery (had the procedure on Tuesday 9/27). I was able to see my sweet girl on ultrasound. This was my level II ultrasound and she is growing perfectly! The MFM doc measured my cervix at 1.5 cm...turned out to be shorter than that when my OB went in to stitch! Surgery was rough but I am finally feeling better! Going forward, I have to use nightly progesterone suppositories. 

Raves & rants: Just happy to have the cerclage procedure over and done with. yay! 

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? Both TV and AB

How far along are you? 17w4d

Multi or rocking the singleton? Just 1 sweet little one

Do you know the gender(s) yet? baby girl! <3

Have you announced yet? Yep, a while ago.

When is your next appointment? Monday 10/3 (MFM) and Tuesday (reg OB) 10/4

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Just making sure that all is well with the stitch placement and I get to see my sweet girl again!

GTNY: fav fall scent? Cinnamon Spice! <3

• Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Yep, today!

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Passed my early glucose test!!!! Still have to take it again at 28 weeks but super excited. I had GD my last pregnancy.

Raves & rants:Rave: we just got a chicken salad chick in the town I work in. Holy Moly.... so good!

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? Nope, not till 20 weeks.

How far along are you? 16 weeks

Multi or rocking the singleton? singleton

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Nope, Team Green this time!

Have you announced yet? Yep!

When is your next appointment? 20 week appointment

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Anatomy Scan. We aren't finding out the gender however just look forward to see a healthy baby!

GTNY: fav fall scent? Target has a candle called Amberwood... the best! It's not necessarily a "fall scent" but I always like to burn it the most during the fall/winter.

• Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16  I usually have pretty dull appointments too.  So you aren't the only one.
  • Options
    @FishingMama15 So jealous. Please tell them to open a chicken salad chick on the west coast!!!
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Had an appointment today with my CNM

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Went great! Got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is my favorite part! It was way louder than I expected since it's usually kind of muffled. We could also hear the baby moving around in there, which was cool because I could feel it moving also! 

How far along are you? 17+4

Multi or rocking the singleton? Single

Do you know the gender(s) yet? No ::womp womp::

Have you announced yet? Yes! We announced at 13 weeks

When is your next appointment? Anatomy scan October 20!!!!

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Finding out the sex! And the comfort of knowing everything is developing the way it should be  

GTNY: fav fall scent? Wet leaves

• Options
    Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Appointment today 9/29

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Fine, nothing terribly exciting. Little bean's heartrate was 160 and I had my quad screen so FX that will come back low risk 

Raves & rants: like @justanotherusername16 and @mecoats I seem to have boring appointments. I guess we could view it as a good thing though as the doctors don't seem worried and nothing is wrong. But poor DH (who comes along to them since he also happens to be off the mornings my appointments are) is probably bored out of his mind waiting for me to pee in a cup and get these short visits from the doctor. We did get to hear the heartbeat for the first time last visit though and he admitted he teared up a little bit so i suppose it's worth it if he can go :smile:

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? No US! Not until AS next visit  

How far along are you? 16+4

Do you know the gender(s) yet? No and I know it shouldn't but it's killing me not knowing! We couldn't get scheduled for AS until 20 weeks so I caved and bought the sneak peek test on Amazon so hopefully it comes quickly and I can get my results quickly because I want to announce on social media for our anniversary on 10/10!

Have you announced yet? To friends/family in person or on the phone and to work colleagues. But not on social media yet.

When is your next appointment? 4 weeks after the AS

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Confirmation (hopefully baby cooperates) of sex and seeing little bean again! Haven't seen any pictures since the first US at 8 weeks

GTNY: fav fall scent? apples, fall leaves 

married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Today!

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? Went great - heard the heartbeat and got some questions answered. Most specifically, due to my multiple losses I have been ULTRA cautious and have had NO caffeine since July. Now that I'm in the second tri, I feel like I need something in the morning, even just a small cup of half caf. Dr. reassured me that it is fine, and although I already knew that, I feel better having her say so! I got a small cup after my appointment this morning and it was magical! 

Raves & rants: Fall weather!!

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? no just doppler. 

How far along are you? 14+3

Do you know the gender(s) yet? It's a Boy!

Have you announced yet? We are telling people individually, I don't use Facebook but considering putting something on Instagram next week. I didn't make an announcement at work, so now some people know, some don't - it's super awkward because most of the women know, most of the men don't - I'm sure at some point soon they will figure it out. With some people I just don't have personal conversations where it would come up, and it seems strange to just blurt it out. Ha. 

GTNY: fav fall scent? The smell of the ocean in the fall- salt, sweet and brine! 

• Options
    Did you or will you have an appointment this week? Had one on Wednesday

How did it go / what are you looking forward to? It was perfect, baby girl's heartbeat was at 165 and even heard a 'thump' doc said was her hitting the doppler!

Raves & rants: Heartburn is the worst.

Did you get an ultrasound? TV or Ab? Just doppler this time.

How far along are you? 15 weeks 3 days

Do you know the gender(s) yet? Little lady :)

Have you announced yet? Just about a week ago

When is your next appointment? Oct. 26, so far away!

What are you looking forward to at your next appointment? Not much really, dying for Nov. 4 to get here for my anatomy scan!

GTNY: fav fall scent? Apples, but not apple pie...unless it's real and in the oven.