March 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B-Fest 9/26

Last vent fest of the month!

Re: Monday B-Fest 9/26

• Options
    I'm getting so angry at my cat that keeps jumping on the counters. We've kept them clean, removed food and crumbs promptly from them, and he continues to jump up there to find scraps. We have NEVER fed him on top of the kitchen counter, and he's doing it more and more. DH suspects he's always hungry, even though he has dry food available to him 24/7 and is "just tired of it." Stupid F%*$(# cat. I caught him just this morning again as I was leaving for work and called DH, seething. I don't wish ill upon any animal, but I can't deal with the stress right now!!! I'm pregnant, and I have a stressful job, and I want to worry more about my baby when he/she is born than a stupid F%*$@ animal getting his sh1t-covered paws all over my kitchen counter. AHHH!!!!!

I will be contacting the vet today to discuss options for feeding, if he's disenchanted with his usual food. The problem is he's on a prescription diet for UTI-prevention so I don't want to remove him from that. I absolutely refuse to feed him wet feed unless it's medically necessary, because he's an a$$hole when it comes to wet food and begs for it constantly. And I'll gladly spend more dough on a more expensive prescription dry food that he likes if that's what works. I'll also be looking into ways that discourage him from jumping on the counters that aren't associated with humans. I'm just really annoyed by that cat right now and had to vent!! ;)

our cats must be friends...

sometimes I REALLY HATE MY CAT!!! he jumps on the counter behind our backs and I find paw prints....

he also is picky about his food, had a UTI a few months ago too.

we kinda of adopted the cat bc I found him one cold winter night in my front yard years ago as a kitten. now he is a 100% house cat, spoiled rotten thing.... and boss around my 55lb dog.... who lets him.

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today is a "down day" for us at work, no classes running, so the administration can just dress down, etc, it's a lazy day, people leave early etc, I was supposed to meet with HR at 9am to go over my FMLA/Maternity paperwork, and she emailed that she had to reschedule to 4pm....so I guess I'm stuck here all day now :angry:  booooo
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My cat threw up 2 days in a row over the weekend and I hired a new cat sitter and I'm nervous he will act up when I'm away this week. I mean she's a professional so I'm hoping she can handle him lol. He's just been a real loose Canon lately! 
  • Options
    @dubcompanion try lining your counters with tinfoil. it's a trick someone gave me when I was pregnant with DS. they said line everywhere you don't want your cat to go with foil. they do not like the way it feels on their paws. sure enough after one time of jumping in the crib lined in foil she never went back. it also worked for the change table and some other areas. might be worth a shot!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    my Monday complaint is that I have a sore throat and I was up all night to pee, to eat, and because my stupid brain would not shut off. and now because it's Monday I had to come into work bleh!

• Options
    Liss_37 said:
    @dubcompanion try lining your counters with tinfoil. it's a trick someone gave me when I was pregnant with DS. they said line everywhere you don't want your cat to go with foil. they do not like the way it feels on their paws. sure enough after one time of jumping in the crib lined in foil she never went back. it also worked for the change table and some other areas. might be worth a shot!
    @dubcompanion ditto to what Liss said! my cat had this problem, he also HATED the smell of raw onions, so for a few days, I would cut up an onion and leave it on the counter while I was at work all day, and after a few days, the habit stopped
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Liss_37 I could try that! :) Tin foil wouldn't be aesthetically pleasing, but it's something we could do when we don't have company over And if we do, we're basically in the kitchen anyway. So we can supervise counters then. Thanks for the tip! @MrsNap_515 I could try raw onions too, particularly since he likes to climb the counter near the faucet. I could just leave a few pieces in the sink and that might help ward him off!

@mrsyimster This cat in particular is soooo spoiled! I adopted both of them from a no-kill shelter and basically asked for "the top 2 lap cats." They are very lovable, but my food-loving fiend is as bad as a dog when it comes to seeking out human food. Thanks for commiserating with me! :blush: I do love my cat, but sometimes I also really hate him. Cats are not trainable like dogs, although having grown up with a dog, I totally get that they can be frustrating too!
  • Options
    good luck! in theory the foil would only need to be temporary for a few days until the cat gets freaked out enough to not want to try it again. hope it works for you!

• Options

my cat doesn't care about the foil, he even slept on it bc he likes it so much. sigh... I even tried doubled sided tape. that was funny at 1st bc it gets stuck on him... then he doesn't care....

but then when he rolls over and forces me to pet his belly it's kind of like. every crappy little thing he does is ok....

im such a sucker....

SaveSave
  • Options
    @mrsyimster that's us. Cats don't care about any of the diversion tactics that I've ever read about. We just yell at them when they do it in front of us and we know that you need to wipe down the counters. Sucks, but they're cute.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @kap1988 ugh!! I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  Hopefully he can snap out of it--but so hard with your sisters past experience making him think he has a good excuse to be doing the same thing.

I can sort of relate on a smaller scale: when I called my dad to tell him DD was a girl his response was: "oh, really? No James then?" *with the most let down voice.  Like, gosh! can't people just pretend they're excited!? Haha. 
  • Options
    Yeah I haven't had the heart yet to break it to my dad that our baby is a girl...this will be his 5th grand daughter, no grand sons. I think he's mostly sad that no one will be able to carry on the family name more than anything. 
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    @kap1988 ugh!! I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  Hopefully he can snap out of it--but so hard with your sisters past experience making him think he has a good excuse to be doing the same thing.

I can sort of relate on a smaller scale: when I called my dad to tell him DD was a girl his response was: "oh, really? No James then?" *with the most let down voice.  Like, gosh! can't people just pretend they're excited!? Haha. 
    Thank you. I'm sorry you got that response.  It's such a let down when you call people to tell them something you are so excited about and they just dump on it.  I can understand maybe being slightly disappointed.  But keep it to yourself and fake it until it's real.  It's not ok to just keep wishing for a boy.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I haven't had the heart yet to break it to my dad that our baby is a girl...this will be his 5th grand daughter, no grand sons. I think he's mostly sad that no one will be able to carry on the family name more than anything. 
    I'm sorry.  I hope it goes well when you tell him.  It sucks to have to feel sad to announce such good news.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

EDD 3/3/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Lets start with it's my birthday.

Its is POURING.

My kids are down with upper resp. infections and bronchitis, I feel the upper resp coming on....

I had to go to work today and could barely get out of bed.

My day sucks. Possibly one of the worst birthdays ever.

• Options
    @dubcompanion. my cats are on the urinary food as well, we usually give the dry, but the other day we gave the wet and the kitties were soo excited. Both were the urinary food.
  • Options
    @rw3190 Oh man. Happy Birthday!! I hope your day gets better. :(
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    HappyhikerHappyhiker member
    edited September 2016
    @rw3199, happy birthday!!!  (Insert awesome happy gif here, if I had one handy.) sorry your day sucks so far. Hope it gets better fast!

ps, all my happy emoticons got stripped out, but fake party hats and cake were there for you.
  • Options
    I told myself this morning I would make it a good day.  I've had done stress at work with a particular co-worker, and I told myself I wouldn't  let it get to me.  I walked in to see a different coworker is out today,  and the only person who can do that person's job is me (on top of my primary job). It's Monday,  which means that particular role tends to be busier, as is my role...

I'm running into this circle that of I help someone else in my department,  this other co worker starts doing my job and it takes days if not weeks for him to let it go!  He's been here a few months,  but refuses to do done of the duties his role should be doing.  (Filling, scanning, etc). I've talked to my mangers multiple times,  and have another meeting tomorrow.

Ugh! I love my job,  but hate trying to work with this kid who shows very little respect,  unless it's convenient for him. ..
  • Options
    @rw3190
    I'm sorry you you're having such a crummy birthday! I'm sending good thoughts your way, wherever that may be,  that things turn around for you! 
  • Options
    @rw3190  Happy Birthday!! Hope your day can turn around <3
  • Options
    @rw3190 Happy birthday... I'm sorry it's been a tough one. I hope something happens today to bring a smile. 
    (btw ignore the 357... now THAT would be the only time I'd approve of the term geriatric mom lol)
  • Options
    @rw3190 Happy birthday! I hope your days improves.  There's nothing worse than a disappointing birthday.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

EDD 3/3/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 We did give our cat the wet food for a while, but he is such a jerk when it comes to that type. He will meow incessantly all day, and I know I shouldn't let that bug me, but it does. He had set meal times, and it annoyed me to no end that he begged every time we set foot near his feeding area. He also inhales and regurgitates if he eats it too fast, so his daily serving of wet food cannot be set out all at once. And this is just 1 cat's dietary needs I'm talking about. My cats are so high maintenance, ahh!! I thought they were supposed to be easier to care for than dogs?? ;)

@rw3190 Happy Birthday! I'm sorry it's a sucky one so far. :/ I hope things improve as the day goes on.
  • Options
    rw3190 said:

Lets start with it's my birthday.

Its is POURING.

My kids are down with upper resp. infections and bronchitis, I feel the upper resp coming on....

I had to go to work today and could barely get out of bed.

My day sucks. Possibly one of the worst birthdays ever.

1st of all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3

and im sorry you are having such a bad day. I hope everyone gets better and you don't get sick.

I hope u can take off work later today too. I never want to go to work anymore either =[ its just too hard... I need sleep

SaveSave
  • Options
    @rw3190 happy birthday!!! I hope your day improves! 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @rw3190! I hope your day gets better!! 

On the subject of cats, we have a mouse in our house and our cat is useless at catching it. He alerted us to it a few nights ago by sitting by the stove meowing and staring intently. DH saw him chase it down to the basement (before DH could catch it himself) and because the cat hasn't been on the hunt, I assumed he caught it or it was gone. But last night DH saw it again while he was in the basement working. Now we have traps set up in the house and I'm afraid to walk through the kitchen. Meanwhile, the cat is here sleeping on the couch.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    Happy Birthday @rw3190 --- I hope your day gets better!
  • Options
    @dubcompanion Not to alarm you but we had a cat who became constantly hungry and obsessed with eating, especially wet food, to the point that he would try to climb on our laps and steal our food out of our hands, but he actually lost weight instead of gaining.  He ended up having a tumor in his intestines that wouldn't let him absorb any nutrients.  If this is new behavior then maybe it's worth a vet check up.  Constant hunger can be a sign of tumors, diabetes, or thyroid problems.  Or if he has always been like that, then he is probably just a normal healthy jerk cat lol We have one that climbs on the counter so she can chew on anything wrapped in plastic.  Cats are freaks sometimes.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

EDD 3/3/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited September 2016
    @kap1988 I appreciate your insights! He's always been a pig when it comes to food, dry or wet, lol, but dry slows him down enough that he doesn't regurgitate it *as* much unless he has a hairball. ;) We'll watch his weight though just in case, and it has happened before in the past that he gets disenchanted with the same food every day, even wet food. 

Oh yes, my other cat is a freak with plastic! He doesn't eat it, that I'm aware of, but he loves licking plastic storage containers and DVD covers. He's such a weirdo!

Edited for a word
  • Options
    Can you put cat food into mazes like you do with dogs to slow their eating down? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshine507 We could do that perhaps. Although we have an automatic cat feeder, so I'm not sure how we'd go about that. It's worth a shot though.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @rw3190!!!  I hope your day has only gotten better and that you're sitting enjoying some birthday cake right now!!  And cake for dinner, too!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    My boss and co-workers have reminded me once again how little they care about me. I got married Saturday and not a single one of them has congratulated me. It shouldn't surprise me though, because when I got back from maternity leave not a single one of them welcomed me back or congratulated me. My boss' words were literally, "Oh, you're back" while handing me a stack of work he'd been saving. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Some people are just rude jerks @DrillSergeantCat!  Don't let their obvious unhappiness destroy yours!!!  Congratulations on getting married!!!!!!  I'm sure you were a beautiful bride!!!!!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your marriage @DrillSergeantCat!!! I hope your day was amazing  <3
    Sorry your co-workers are being jerks.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Had an appt earlier today where my doc told me that she rather me have a planned c-section due to risk of ruptured uterus instead of vbac. 1st child was c-section that went horribly. So I'm basically having to choose between my well being or the safest for my child. Obviously going to have to do the c-section but I'm pretty much scared and worried about dealing with the recovery.