December 2016 Moms
Options

Things my S/O has said...

Re: Things my S/O has said...

• Options
    @ea301 Omg! That made me howl. What a sweetie- he's got your back.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "How would you feel about not getting an epidural this time?"- DH, while looking through our bills from last birth to plan for this one... He claims he was kidding. 
    Okay, I'm a FTM, but this one made me seriously laugh out loud. As I have to remind my DH, not all decisions are solely based on money!
  • Options
    @Kacie209 You're not alone with the weight battles, girl. You're absolutely gorgeous, so keep that head up!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes to the the DH's losing weight! We have a fancy Bluetooth scale that can usually tell who is who. But now we're within 10 pounds of each other so whenever I check my weight it sends the info to his phone and he freaks out that his chart is messed up and doesn't show his "downward trend". I just roll my eyes. 
  • Options
    @Pgh_Kel DH learned that lesson while pregnant with DD1. He rarely comments on my pregnancy body anymore, but tends to forget that I evacuated a child about two weeks post and likes to comment on things then. He apparently find humor in my misery.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    My hubs likes to make me laugh... So he says all manner of things... He regularly (during all pregnancies) calls me a "tug boat", "pumpkin"... Today when I put on my bra he said, "That doesn't look like that's supportive enough!" Which is funny because I'm not very big. 
    I also lose all ability to cook well when pregnant (I swear my taste buds go wonky) and I tried making Orange Chicken (like Chinese) last week... It was so gross, and no matter what I tried it was still just not right. Last night he said, "remember that time you made orange chicken... But really wished I had made it on account of your pregnancy tongue." 
    It just makes me laugh! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    A few weeks back DH said, "So how much wait have you gained? It's probably not as much as it looks." I cried so hard I couldn't catch my breath. Not a fun night! Apparently he didn't mean it in a nasty way and he apologized profusely and has not said anything about my weight since. 
    Me: 29 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: October 20, 2012
    TTC Since: March 2016
    BFP: March 27, 2016
    EDD: December 3, 2016
  • Options
    @melundie - Aw, they really don't understand do they? What kills me is how much weight gain is out of our countrol. At least, speaking for myself it is completely not related to anything that I am doing. Yet we are still first to be blamed..
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    cgss11 said:
    I mentioned to DH tonight I hadn't gained 19 pounds so far and expected to gain at least another 5. His response? "Thats pretty much the amount weight I lost, so you know it should be gone in 3 months." Yeah, because it's always that easy. 
    It could come off from nursing, but not everyone has that luck. I didn't gain more than 10lbs last time, and I lost on average 2-3lbs a week while nursing on demand. It has something to do with the hormones+what hormones are in the stored fat. It's weird, but you should be able to find it pretty easily in Google.

@ashleaf2018 Don't worry about weight gain. Last time I ate any&everything and lost weight until I got PreE. So far this round I'm up a whopping 6 lbs and baby is estimated at 4-4.5 of that.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @Kate08Young I'm up 4 pounds as of today. It fluctuates a lot. I'm not worried about it because my OB isn't but FI's grandma stressing is making me stress, ya know what I mean? 
  • Options
    DH continued on a weight kick tonight. Just as a I sat down with a bag of candy he pointed out that I now weigh more than the dog. That actually made me laugh because our dog is huge and we've always commented how she weighs the most in the house, but now I win that prize. 
  • Options
    I can't stress the weight gain. I love food and tend to just eat what makes me happy. Currently jalapeño cheese tots! DH would make comments with DD2 as I put weight on in different places with her. Funny how different pregnancies really do carry different. With this little man I threw the majority of my weight on in the beginning of the second trimester. I'm up 23 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight and haven't put a pound on in over 6 weeks. Things will fluctuate. Enjoy all the foods ladies. I swear it just tastes better pregnant!

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    temmetime said:
    I'm starting to wonder if DH is secretly slipping in weight gaining powder into my coffee or something.. ;) (Or giving me weight gain bars - Mean Girls) He's always loved a curvier woman and has been encouraging the weight gain. I'm working on not getting too upset, but I've gained 45 pounds, all since the end of the first trimester. I eat a lot of fruits & veggies, walk to work everyday + extra 3 days per week & drink 6 liters of water per day. The weight gain is seriously uncontrollable at this point. Thank God I am 5'8" and can handle it. He has been awesome when I laughed and told him this is so crazy he is encouraging about all of it and is amazed at how he's eating more than me and I'm gaining it all. Some of the positive comments make up for the slip ups :D
    Oh my gosh, this is my DH and me! I think it's because we are having a boy this time, he wants to make sure the baby is super healthy. So he's always encouraging me to relax and eat more! I've gained 30 lbs so far, and am now in the swelling more everyday stage. But I'm only 5'3", so it's not fun. But we eat so healthy and I am super active, the weight gain just does its own thing from here on out... 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @yellingbanana The best silver lining I can think about this uncontrollable weight gain is that it 'technically' should come off a little easier since it's more water/healthy foods weight rather than carbs/sweets weight.

Our tricky men! The support is all I can ask for :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This one goes out to my brother in law. While giving my belly a good scratch last night he looks at my stomach and just says holy s*it, that things huge! Thanks yo.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    While at my mom's house, husband is downstairs and asks me to come to the stairs. When I get there, he asks if I will throw his shirts into the dryer for him and proceeds to throw them to me at the top of the stairs. I catch one...the other lands on the top step. He then proceeds to laugh at me while I keep trying to bend over to pick it up from the top landing. It took me a while to pick it up.
  • Options
    I asked DH if he thought we needed someone to take care of our cats while we were at the hospital during the birth. He said no, I'll be minutes from the house. Then he said, plus, I'll come back to sleep. .....wait, what??!  I said no, you'll sleep at the hospital with me. He was like, oh, are there recliners there? I said yes, pull outs, but that's besides the point. We'll have just had a BABY. Of course you'll stay at the hospital with me. WTF?! I know he wasn't able to make it for the hospital tour but, isn't that common knowledge...?!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SaraRose83 Not really. My hospital tour guide said 'if you decide to have someone stay the night'

At that point I didn't want to deal with him at each feeding or diaper change so I sent him home. It worked for us, and will most likely be the route we go this time.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.