October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 09-26-16 (last one in Sept!)

How far along / or how many weeks PP?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
BFP 02-15-16 with our first
IT'S A BOY!!! 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 09-26-16 (last one in Sept!)

• Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP? 36 weeks

How big is baby? a papaya 

How are you feeling? good for the most part, just getting more uncomfy and sleep sucks. less than 4 weeks to go... I got this. LOL 

Upcoming appointments? Thursday I have a growth scan to see how big this "little" guy is. And since Quest contaminated my last weeks Strep B test, I get to do that all over again. Awesome. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nesting has been in full affect again.I did a huge house cleaning this weekend. Still some more we need to finish up on, organizing wise, and I want to FINALLY hang up decorations and pictures on our walls. We've only been in our new house for 2 yrs. LOL. Our pack n play is all set up in our room and we just need to put the car seat in the car and we are ready! 

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? 
    I still don't think it's all hit me yet that I have only a few weeks remaining before our sons here. I don't think it'll all hit till we are on our way to the hospital. I'm more anxious and excited than anything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP?  38 weeks! 

How big is baby? Winter melon? according to last U/S around 6 lbs! 

How are you feeling? Huge. Like there is no denying there is a near- full- grown baby in there. Dang. Also I feel like he's bruising the inside of my bellybutton area with headbutts. 

Upcoming appointments? On Thursday

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm still wishing and trying everything to get this baby to flip.  :/

So much. I realize I'm terrified of the possibility of a c-section. I need to get more comfortable with the idea but it's way harder than I expected. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya

How are you feeling? Pretty anxious. I'm always worried that he isn't moving enough, but when I do my kick counts he's fine. I think I'm just feeling anxious overall. 

Upcoming appointments? Today I have another NST and OB appt with my GBS swab. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: i want to sleep for a couple hour stretch without getting up to pee just once before the baby is born. Not sure it's going to happen. 

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? Yes. Last night I was thinking...OMG I have a giant almost full sized baby inside of me! And soon he's going to want to come out! Gaaaaahhhhh!!! Yep, starting to get pretty anxious. 
  • Options
    38 weeks! 

How big is baby?
    Winter melon, Ukelele, Pomeranian 

How are you feeling?
    Better than I did last week with the RLP pain. Mostly impatient for this baby to get here. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Wednesday. First cervical check. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    10 more days of work at the most! Then it's see ya in January peeps! 

Yes. I haven't been too nervous about labor until recently. I'm suddenly full of fear of hemmhoraging after delivery. I've known a couple of people to do this and all was fine but still scares the crap out of me. I'm not really afraid of the pain or anything. Talked to my mom over the weekend about her labors. They were fairly short and easy, so praying I mimic her labor like I have with this pregnancy. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP? 37 weeks, all clear for delivery baby boy!

How big is baby? Swiss chard? But way heavier. 

How are you feeling? Tired and pregnant. My lady parts hurt, I don't sleep, my brain doesn't work. My GBS came back positive so I'm doing a trial to treat with vaginal suppositories and retest before delivery. That's making monitoring discharge very challenging. I started having very watery stool last night but that's cool because it's easy on my hemroid (who says that?!). When baby has a large movement I pee myself. Overall things are going great.

Upcoming appointments? Weekly on Wednesday. I don't think anything big happens this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I think I covered everything above.

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? Yep. I'm still over the moon excited to meet our baby but I'm nervous too. Nervous about delivery, visitors, finances, my job, being responsible for someone 27/4. I think all of that is normal though.
  • Options
    35 weeks

How big is baby?
    Carton of a dozen eggs

How are you feeling?
    Not bad, really. I can definitely tell when I've "overdone it," but overall feel like I can manage five more weeks. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Next week - not looking forward to the GBS swab ... But DH and I both have the day off, so he's coming with me and we're going to lunch after to celebrate our anniversary. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Random question: Can someone explain when/how I should start my diaper subscription on Amazon Prime? I want to order a box to have at home in the next couple of weeks, but I don't want repeat delivery until baby is here ... can I order just one (with the discount) and then delay the next box? I want to get the discount, but if that doesn't work, I'll just go buy a package from a store to get started. (Will also post this in the randoms thread ...)

Not yet ... I reserve the right to freak out as my due date approaches, but for now I'm surprisingly chill. I think it REALLY helps being a second time mom because you understand that you really can't control anything ... You just have to roll with the punches. I'm more mentally prepared to handle all the chaos this time around. 
  • Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP? 37 weeks 1 more week to go

How big is baby? okay not going to post these stupid food references because my baby is a gisn't and does not fit those. I'm just going to say 8.03lbs 

How are you feeling? soar hungry and tired seems to chop it all up

Upcoming appointments? just had an ultrasound were I was informed my child I say child because it's big lol is 8. 03lbs and counting. It lookes like a chipmunk storing nuts for winter and this mommy is so in love with every chubby little bit. I just want to kiss those monster cheeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: induction starts Monday night so excited.

GTKY: Now that we are all pretty much in the home stretch, are the nerves starting to kick in? Nope I'm good I've been here before get the f#*k out syndrome has kicked in though. 
  • Options
    How far along / or how many weeks PP? 38 weeks

How big is baby? Winter Melon

How are you feeling? Great - I'm in L&D and looks like I'm not leaving without a baby  :o

Upcoming appointments? I had a growth ultrasound today and they discovered my fluids are practically non-existent so they sent me over to L&D.  Well while I was here, my BP went all wonky (seems a bit better now) but with the lack of fluids and my iffy BP, they decided to induce me so here I am!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I am really hoping I can get them to let me eat before starting this process lol

Every day I have been scared but today I feel ready, maybe cause I know I don't have a choice lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS Good luck enjoy your turkey. 
  • Options
    Mintz1982 said:
    Lol one of the first things my mom said after he was born and we seemed out of the scary stage "At least I get to have thanksgiving on the day now.....*quick to add* assuming you're up for it of course" like I'd say no to turkey and showing off my turkey 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LauraPCOS said:
    Mintz1982 said:
    Lol one of the first things my mom said after he was born and we seemed out of the scary stage "At least I get to have thanksgiving on the day now.....*quick to add* assuming you're up for it of course" like I'd say no to turkey and showing off my turkey 
    I should get mine too my process starts Monday. Bring on Canadian Thanksgiving with our little Turkeys 
  • Options
    I'm totally late! Sorry!

I'll be 2 weeks PP on Sunday. 

How big is baby?
    He was 6.10 last weight check. He has another weight check Tuesday.

How are you feeling?
    Exhausted!

Upcoming appointments?
    I have a kidney appointment on Tuesday just to check everything out.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I knew breastfeeding would be hard, but not this hard!

GTKY 
    I'm still nervous! FTM and just trying to get a routine and BF down!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @MrsB627 hope that things get easier for you. I'm so nervous about BFing. More so than actual delivery. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Thanks @sportiegrl1213! I don't know what's going on but I'm still hardly producing anything! Parker will be 2 weeks on Sunday so I'm praying it picks up ASAP!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Mintz1982 said:
    LauraPCOS said:
    Mintz1982 said:
    I should get mine too my process starts Monday. Bring on Canadian Thanksgiving with our little Turkeys 
    Looks like we're doing it th 15th - my brother and SIL committed to going to her folks place at the cottage and they were upset and not being able to meet Jace so my mom bumped her's a week
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS
    My Aunt is having it on the 9th but with 6 kids 7 by then we just have our own at home a neighbor of mine will make our pies for us since I don't know how I'll feel. 
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS were having turkey dinner in a week! I can't wait! I asked the doctor to change my section date to the following Monday so I could be home for thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a big deal around my house, it's one of my very favourite holidays. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml