March 2016 Moms

The things you would and wouldn't do as a parent vs reality

I guess we all had things we thought we would or wouldn't do as parents before our LO's arrived so let's hear how things played out in reality  ;)

Re: The things you would and wouldn't do as a parent vs reality

• I'll go first. I've always believed in never say never, and as a stm I know to be careful about proclaiming what I'll do and don't do. However I thought that I would be more out and about with LO, going for walks and visiting family/friends and so on, but I'm way to comfy in my own home with all the necessities close by...
  • I thought I'd be cool letting baby go to bed later in the evening at the same time we do - say 10 or 11 PM. It seemed so draconian to be forcing kids into bed at 6 or 7 PM. I guess I had an image of peace, love, and family time in the evenings, just hanging out...

Reality: Nope nope nope. Baby is in bed by 7 PM. He needs the sleep and we need the time to unwind!
  • Loading the player...
  • I said I'd never let our LO sleep in our bed with us but from time to time she finds her way in there
  • I never thought it would bother me so much when people offer advise, but I'm like mind your own business people!!  Hi @Synnovus how are you?
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @bntfroggie I'm the same with advice too! I'm doing good, starting to adjust to having two kids now. How are you?!? Haven't seen you around for a while. Hugs
  • I always believed I would only feed my DS home made baby food. Now, if we are out and I forgot to bring some with us (I still make it home made, just forgot to bring it twice) I don't think I will be that upset picking up a container of baby food.
  • @Synnovus I just sent you a message <3
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"