Sunday Ticker Change 09.25.16 — The Bump
October 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 09.25.16

How far along / or how many weeks PP?

How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 09.25.16

• How far along / or how many weeks PP?  35 weeks.

How big is baby?  Pineapple, Coconut, A carton of one dozen eggs

How are you feeling?  The insomnia / uncomfortableness is just getting so frustrating. I wake up so many times during the night to either pee, or just because I'm uncomfortable. Then it takes me so long to go back to sleep. I have moved to the couch this weekend, just so I can just watch tv during the middle of the night when I'm up, and not disturb my DH. During the week, it's so hard to get through my work day because I am exhausted. And I'm sure the lack of sleep is just going to get worse after baby is here...other than the sleepness nights, my symptoms are: very swollen feet and ankles, heartburn, very itchy stomach, backache, nesting, and just overall feeling huge and uncomfy.

Upcoming appointments? I am now on weekly appointments!! Holy crap. I go back this Thursday for the quick checkup, and the Group B Strep swab.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Rave: My DH has been so sweet this weekend. He organized a date night for last night. We went out to one of our favorite restaurants, then went out for ice cream afterwards. He gave me a card during dinner, where he actually wrote a personal love note to me, and I completely teared up.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy?  Moscato wine, and spicy thai food (not at the same time). Since we can't really bring either to the hospital (I guess we can bring Moscato, but we won't have a fridge to put it in), I am settling for Dr. Pepper after this LO is born, and then will indulge in what I really want when we get home!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    suzy311emt87Piperella
  • How far along / or how many weeks PP? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple

How are you feeling? Just so uncomfortable. I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks. I get up about 6-7 times a night to go to the bathroom. It's crazy! Thankfully the weather is cooling down here and my ankles haven't been swelling as badly as they did all summer.

Upcoming appointments? Next week - pretty sure that's my GBS test

Rants/Raves/Questions: Yesterday was our 5th anniversary and we went out for an amazing dinner. It was probably our last "big night out" before baby!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy? All the wine and beer! I surprisingly did not miss alcohol much in my first and second tri, but now that I'm nearing the end, I am literally dreaming about downing a big IPA or glass of Cab. I'm secretly hoping my husband sneaks in some of those mini wine bottles into the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker

emt87PupatellaPiperella
  • How far along / or how many weeks PP? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Pineapple, Mini-lop Rabbit

How are you feeling? Still feeling pretty good! Had some contractions on Wednesday so when I went in for my normal appointment that day they did a NST. Everything was fine and I have been feeling pretty good since then, just waking up super early on the weekends, which is getting a little annoying. 

Upcoming appointments? Not until next week, then I will start going weekly. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: My work threw a baby shower for me on Friday! It was so great and thanks to the gift card we got were were able to go get a ton of the things we still needed for baby this weekend. 

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy? I guess sushi, it's really the only off limits thing that I actually eat, and while a glass of wine is nice every now and then, I have not missed drinking at all. 
    Pupatellasuzy311KaessiPiperella
  • How far along / or how many weeks PP? would be 39 weeks but 2 weeks PP

How big is baby? Not exactly sure, no weight taken since her first pediatrician appointment, but she still fits in newborn clothing (but she's long - footed NB pjs are short!)

How are you feeling? Pretty good now that I get sleep at night and/or take naps during the day. BFing is going well, but I'm working on getting her to eat without the nipple shield. My leg swelling is slowly getting better. Oh, but I had to go to the ER Friday because of residual high BP, seeing spots, and vomiting....it lowered while I was there so they just did the bloodwork I was going to get done that day anyway, and following up with MFM this week. I'm hoping for some answers and relief especially from the blackout vision so I can start to drive and carry/take care of her without worrying about passing out.

Upcoming appointments? 2 appts this week to hopefully figure out my BP issues

Rants/Raves/Questions: Not really sure about any questions or rants right now. My rave will forever be, I'm SO lucky I got a take-home rainbow baby and to be spending time at home with her before having to go back to work!

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy? I ordered a big cold cut sandwich for my first meal in the hospital after my C-section (well, 24 hours later when my magnesium drip finally ended and I could eat)…had about two bites because I was so nauseous, but have been eating cold cuts ever since and the next stop is raw sushi!

PS - @Pupatella, my hospital room did have a mini fridge....just sayin in case you're not BFing or taking meds....  ;)
    emt87PupatellaPiperellasuzy311
  • How far along / or how many weeks PP? 39 Weeks!

How big is baby? Pumpkin, American Shorthair Cat

How are you feeling? Pretty good other than getting sleep in shorter bursts now.  I actually feel better now than I did a few weeks ago.

Upcoming appointments? Induction starts Wednesday evening with Cervidil and then really gets underway Thursday morning. I still have a standing appt on Friday for Ob/MFM/ultrasound but that wont' be happening.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Feeling pretty ready for baby, but freaking out about knowing I have everything I need for the diaper caddy or diaper bag.  Just trying to keep DH and our house clean until then.

GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy? Cookie dough, although I found an edible cookie dough at the Fresh Market, so maybe that.  I'll enjoy not overthinking the whole deli meat stuff, which I just ended up avoiding all together.
    Me (40) & DH (29)
    TTC 6+ years9/2015 - 1st IUI (17th) - BFN
    10/2015 - 2nd IUI - Cancelled(Cornual Polyp)
    11/29/2015 - IVF ER: BCP, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Lupron
    ER Results: 30 ret / 25 mat / 20 fert / 16 day5/6 blastocysts
    1/15/2016 - FET w/ 2 4AB blastocysts BCPs/Estrace/PIO/Medrol
    BFP!! Beta#1 - 593  Beta#2 - 1129  Beta#3 - 4975  Lost 1 snowflake(complete mc) 6w2d
    Mr. Bojangles due 10/02/2016!  Induced 9/28/16 & arrived on 9/30/16!
    11/27/2017 - FET #2
    BFP!! Beta#1 - 65 @15dp5dt ; Beta#2 - 3328 @19dp5dt
    Twins due 8/15/2018 (but most likely sooner due to two)
    emt87Pupatellasuzy311
  • How far along / or how many weeks PP?
    39 weeks!
    How big is baby?
    Pumpkin, American short hair cat..
    How are you feeling?
    Tired, fussy, pregnant, can't believe the end is so near! 
    Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow - weight check, doppler, I'll probably have a cervicall check as well and my doc will want to talk inductions, but I'm holding out for after 40 :)
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Not much.. my husband is really on my nerves big time.. my four year old has a fever.. but otherwise, we're hanging in there! :)
    GTKY: What are you most looking forward to eating / drinking after baby is born that is forbidden during your pregnancy? / or What is that first thing you ate / drank after baby was born that was forbidden during your pregnancy? I didn't really forbid anything during my pregnancy, so there's nothing I'm really craving and I'm not a huge drinker as it is! :)
    PupatellaPiperellasuzy311