babies"r"us registry party (happening now!) - Page 3 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening now!)

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening now!)

• BumpTara said:
    These registries are sounding awesome.

Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?
    I want to do the Owlet and hoping we get that. We also want a video monitor that goes to our phones.

• I haven't considered any tech items. I feel out of the hoop because my first is 8 years old. There is so many new items to on the market but since I live in NYC which equals small apartment and no car. I think I can leave them out of my registry.

• Loading the player...
  • BumpTara said:
    These registries are sounding awesome.

Are you planning to include tech items on your registry (i.e. wireless baby monitor, wearable items, sensor-equipped car seats)?
    Absolutely! Angelcare twin movement & sound monitor and Nest cams! 
  • We are big on sports so we asked some of our family and friends for team related items.
    bumptara
  • The most important item to me is the baby bed, for the first few months while she will be in our room. 

I actually was was planning on doing my registry tonight, this is our third so I didn't quite get to it as early as I did with my first two!
  • BumpTara said:
    Good stuff here, Bumpies!

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?
    I'm  more surprised by the number of items I have added to my registry than by any item in particular. I didn't think I would be as "into" my registry as I turned out to be!
    sshipe81
  • We started our registry super early because my mom is giving me a shower early because she (and my dad) are snowbirds and only have enough money to fly back once this winter. They chose to fly home after the birth. 

I really want the stroller travel system on my registry. It's by Graco. 

I don't have any tech things on my registry because I'm a FTM and don't really know what to put. I'd love a monitor, but I have no idea which one is best.

Any recommendations?
    bumptara
  • Maybe the new baby monitor is the most important. The big prices things that I really need are all most important!
  • How exciting

• I don't have any surprising items right now, but I may add batteries!
  • fuss0125fuss0125
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    I'm curious if people have put diapers on their registry?
  • I think the things I want most off my registry are the big ticket essentials - Graco Pack n Play, Graco 4ever convertible car seat, Graco fastaction travel system, crib, bedding, etc. Clothes are more easy to get little by little throughout the pregnancy without dropping a lot of cash at once. I have started one of my registries and will register for our main one next weekend (15 weeks). We found out the gender early, so no reason not to go ahead and start now. We certainly will be including items for the nursery, including crib, bedding, glider, decorations, etc. Also, we'll definitely have our tech items on! We will want a video monitor, and I really want an owlet monitor!
    bumptara
  • Loving the tips and ideas being mentioned in this chat!

How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
    TamaraTamarajandn06
  • I'm just catching up on all the questions..

I think the most surprising thing on my list is a Dock-A-Tot and a baby hammock that you hang from the ceiling. 

As far as tech stuff goes I really need a new monitor, my old one is..OLD! And I would love a video wireless one. 
    bumptara
  • I have mentioned my registry to close friends and family. I'm trying not to check it so I can be surprised lol
  • Right now, it's only been shared with immediate family. But eventually I will share it more widely! 
  • We have shared our registry with family and friends so they can include it with shower invitations 
  • Since I haven't completed the registering process, we have only shared registries with immediate family.
  • I usually don't share a registry until my baby shower which is toward the end of my pregnancy, but my mom knows what's on my list so she can start shopping early :) it's her first grand daughter so she's excited to shop!!
  • I haven't shared mine yet, since we're just in the early stages!

bumptara
  • I'm due this November and my baby registry is done. Just waiting at the end of this month to start sharing with family and friends. 
  • edited September 2016
    My sister and cousin are throwing me a shower.  They put the link to the registry on the invites!

@fuss0125 from what I've read and have been told, people will get you a lot of diapers during the shower.  So that's why I didn't put them on my registry.  Also, I'm not going to buy a big pack until I know which size my baby will fit in.  From other's advice, don't buy too many of the NB diapers because baby will grow out of those very fast, especially if you have a bigger sized baby at birth. Hope this helps! Good luck to you!

ETA: BRU gave us the registry announcement cards to put in the invites which I thought was a great idea! However, the invites to my shower were actually evites so the link was put in there.  This probably made it easier for the guests cuz now they can just click on a direct link, instead of having to look up the registry.  

bumptarajennpearl007fuss0125

• How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?

I'm going to share my registry right before thanksgiving so if people want to get me baby stuff they can catch some Black Friday deals. I'll do it via Facebook and text. 
    bumptaraJustAnotherUsername16

• C25 said:
    I'm just catching up on all the questions..

I think the most surprising thing on my list is a Dock-A-Tot and a baby hammock that you hang from the ceiling. 

As far as tech stuff goes I really need a new monitor, my old one is..OLD! And I would love a video wireless one. 
    I'm putting a dock-a-tot on mines as well 
    C25
  • My registry currently is just a shopping list for myself at this point--no baby shower in the works. I still need a rocking chair, bedding, clothes, and all the diapers and wipes!
  • I also haven't shared mine yet because I don't feel "confident" in it yet. As a FTM, I am sure there are possible unnecessary items I have included on there and/or life-changing items I totally forgot. I am excited for my mom and aunts to look it over and help me fill in the gaps before I share it more widely. Plus, I am early into my second trimester, so I still have a little time!
  • My MIL asked where I was registered because she can't wait to "start grandma-ing". She then shared the register with DH's side of the family. I told my mom where I was registered and I will leave it up to her to spread the word if anyone asks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    expandcontract
  • BumpTara said:
    Good stuff here, Bumpies!

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?
    I don't think so... we do have a couple of amber bracelets on there (mostly so we can tell them apart  :D ) and those teething necklaces for ME to wear while I wear the babies, but nothing else crazy
  • BumpTara said:
    Loving the tips and ideas being mentioned in this chat!

How have you shared your registry with your friends and family?
    With our shower invite, and I've just told them what stores verbally as well. They're pretty easy to search!
  • We've shared the registry with my mom who put it on the shower invites. We keep adding to it as we see something! FTM problems.
    bumptara
  • TinaBelcher said:

and those teething necklaces for ME to wear while I wear the babies, but nothing else crazy
    totally didn't know that was even a thing. I am now looking them up to potentially add them to my registry lol. 
    TinaBelcher
  • Definitely want most: a swing
  • Is their any other ideas besides a baby shower to celebrate a baby. I want to skip the traditional baby shower for last baby but I can't find what other ideas are good too. Anyone seen or done something else besides a baby shower celebration?? 
    JustAnotherUsername16bumptara
  • Is their any other ideas besides a baby shower to celebrate a baby. I want to skip the traditional baby shower for last baby but I can't find what other ideas are good too. Anyone seen or done something else besides a baby shower celebration?? 
    Sip & See after baby is born. Maybe a family dinner/barbecue just to celebrate the new baby. 
    JustAnotherUsername16danitapia88expandcontract
  • Alright Bumpies, looks like we have time for one more question...

Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?  ;) 
    danitapia88JustAnotherUsername16
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 They're at Babies r Us! I registered for them too!

We haven't officially shared our registry yet, but shower invites will be going out soon. 

We basically have EVERYTHING from nursery and beyond on ours. I'd rather find out what we get before purchasing a ton of stuff. 

Probably the most "fun" thing on there is a nice camera. Figured it's worth a shot!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    JustAnotherUsername16
  • I haven't really shared mine yet because it's not totally finished. I've told my SIL's about it so they may have taken a look.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have shared mine with my mom and sister so far! 
  • gosh I don't even know what to put on a registry!!!  I think I am waiting on finding out the gender so I can pick more specifically. Although I feel like I will be buying most myself.  Also I rather look at items in person before adding them.  I definitely need EVERYTHING though since my youngest child is 15!!!  This should be loads of fun,
    jandn06
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards