Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• @WillRunForWine21 @adirat HA! You aren't alone with this one. Our cat was DHs cat. I'm really allergic - so much so that I did a year + of allergy shots to help with how allergic I am. So as soon as we started TTC I did the same thing... nope, sorry can't touch litter. That was 9 months ago and I still don't feel bad about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Saralee797, @kiwi2628, @adirat Thank you for saying similar things, I was worried it would come across like I didnt think it was necessary to take precaution once KU, just that in all likelihood I have either already been exposed and am immune and its just as likely to get it from meat.... BUT DH will never take that time to look it up and I do 85% of the chores anyway, he can take on ONE. 

That story about the cat tears my heart out though, you take on an animal, you take on the commitment to that animal. I can't imagine ever doing that.
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• ***TW, loss mentioned***
    Earlier in the week I was stuck in line for fast food behind a pregnant woman. After my MC happening less than a week before, I was bummed. But when she got back to her car to find that someone parked really close to her driver's side door and couldn't get in, I laughed a little (or a lot) to myself. I also felt terrible for feeling that way, but I felt like the universe was trying to make me feel better...

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Do you guys still believe in post-its here? Because after reading through some of these today mine is quickly filling up. 
  • @MotherofDragons   ....post-its sounds so familiar but I don't remember what it means
  • @kiwi2628 A figurative list of people you dislike or majorly sideye. At least my list is figurative. Maybe some people are more hardcore and actually wrote them out. 
  • Lol I remember that now. I mostly stayed in the TTA/Benched thread on and off (mostly off) for the past year, so I don't know, but I don't remember seeing it as much as I used to
  • @kiwi2628 where is this cat as I will totally take it.  This is why I could never be a vet, because I would take animals from people.  You aren't worthy of this magnificent creature, so now it's mine.

@adirat I totally do that all the time.  Few things irritate me more than when DH (or anyone) yells to me from another room or worse from another floor of the house.  No.  Get up and come speak to me.  I also ignore him when he calls to me from the shower.  I'm not getting you soap, look in the shower before you get in. 

• @berg This is a while ago so I got her to sign over the cat and set it up with a rescue I like and it got adopted out because it was a 3 year old Persian so it went fast. Luckily, I live in a wealthy area so I don't get many animals coming through with bad owners, otherwise I would own a lot more than my current 2.
  • @callmemrschaos if you click on the bump admin and then go to their "responses" it will show you a list of all of the threads they have shut down. click on one and enjoy the drama! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• My FFFC is: When my neighbor moved last week she gave me a bunch (I'm talking 3 huge storage bins) full of baby clothes, blankets, etc because she knows DH and I are TTC. I couldn't bear to throw them out because they're really cute so they're sitting in our storage locker right now. @lulu1180 Good thing we can't jinx ourselves (I hope) right?

@BertieMeetsGertie - THANK YOU! I mean I don't have an issue with a little slutty but a lot of girls go way too far these days :(

@WillRunForWine21 @adirat - Same here. DH doesn't want to risk anything and is being very cautious - most of the time I think it's sweet but sometimes it gets a bit irritating.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• wabash15 said:
    @callmemrschaos if you click on the bump admin and then go to their "responses" it will show you a list of all of the threads they have shut down. click on one and enjoy the drama! 
    Such a dangerous rabbit hole to lose a day in.
  • edited September 2016
    antoto said:
    I have a feeling I might get flamed for this, but...
    I think many women use the excuse of Halloween to dress like complete sluts and get away with it. Let's be real, you're just wearing lingerie in public. 
    Who says it's a bad thing to dress slutty?

ETA My FFFC is that I think LLR patterns are ugly and I would rather see people wear sexy nurse costumes instead.

Although I should also say that there should be more awesome costumes available to women that aren't so revealing.  We should have BOTH.

ETA #2:  Because now I can't stop thinking about this.  @BertieMeetsGertie I would encourage you to consider why women dressing provocatively makes you so angry.  Do you have those same feelings of anger when you see a man walking around without a shirt?  Is it just the skin showing, or is it that they enjoy showing that skin that makes you upset? 
    I don't have a problem with all the skin and provocatively dressed women don't make me angry. To each their own. However, it just seems like everything now is meant to make woman sexual objects. I did a google search for women's Halloween costumes and 99% of them are extremely skimpy pieces of clothing that don't need to be. I'm sorry, but I don't get why a butterfly, police officer, Native American, etc. have to be sexualized. Just doesn't make sense to me. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @antoto, I guess what I should have said originally is it's really the costume manufacturers that piss me off. I don't think women have enough non-sex object options for costumes. I'd have to make my own if I went to a party! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• My confession: I'm at a wedding that I don't want to attend but I feel obligated. I find myself getting all judgey even though I know the whole "it's not your wedding" thing

basically I'm just a jerk today

Sorry Not Sorry

• @SaphireSweetie88 My sister gave me at LEAST 7 totes of baby clothes when she was done having kids. I have none....and that was 5 years ago. We have moved with these totes!!! And FFFC, I want nothing more than to riffle through them and swoon at all the cuteness.
  • @SaphireSweetie88 My sister gave me at LEAST 7 totes of baby clothes when she was done having kids. I have none....and that was 5 years ago. We have moved with these totes!!! And FFFC, I want nothing more than to riffle through them and swoon at all the cuteness.
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert

Now I don't feel so bad lol. I was definitely swooning over all the cuteness when she gave them to me. The weird part is that she didn't tell me. She told my DH that she left stuff in the basement for me but didn't tell him what (and he didn't think to look) so he told me on the way home from picking me up from work. I assumed it would be like books or something - was not expecting baby things. Lol
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• See, I didn't get on here yesterday and fell off the lularoe wagon!! :-P
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin'