Trying to Get Pregnant

Mean Straightness?

Babymnz83Babymnz83 member
edited September 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi all. I'm excited to be a new member!!! I'm 37 and ttc. I have 2 daughters (13 and 10) from previous marriage but want one child with my new partner. Had IUI in May but BFN. We did sex selection and partner's count was awful. His total motile sperm post-wash and sex selection was less than 4 million. His motility was right at 30%. Tried IUI again this cycle but did not opt for sex selection. His post wash count was over 179 million with 86% motility. SA also states that mean straightness is 78%. What does that mean exactly?  I have another 6 days to wait before finding out results. If unsuccessful, should I pursue IVF?

Re: Mean Straightness?

• Loading the player...
  • I apologize for posting here. Still trying to learn the norms. Elyse...feel free to PM (if that is possible on here). BTW: I love your GIF lol : )
  • I've never heard of sex selection outside of IVF with PGS. 
    Yeah, I hadn't either. I had to google it, and apparently it's a thing you can do with IUI but it's less certain than with IVF. 
  • edited September 2016
    Yeah I'm side-eyeing the sex selection. If you're only doing it bc you have two girls and want a boy, get outta here with that ish. If there's a legitimate reason then I'll take back my side eye. As for mean straightness, that's a question for your doctor. 
    Same here. I was just about to say that until I saw @eggplantface 's response.
    @Babymnz83 Unless there is a legit reason for the sex selection, you should be trilled with what you get (even if it's another girl) - I know I would be and I am assuming so would any of the other ladies on this board. Also, IMO (remember I am not a doctor) I would suggest not doing IVF unless your doctor says you should. Based on the very little information provided it doesn't seem like you would need to - again it's just my opinion.

edited; Posted before I wanted to
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker