April 2017 Moms

Baby(ies) Gender

Re: Baby(ies) Gender

• I just had a very vivid and scientifically accurate dream and I'm having a girl.  And in the same dream, I learned I'm having twins.

Lord help me if it's really twins.  But we're still team green all the way over here! :)
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • I still can't decide if I actually want to know or not. We found out with DD, and I feel like it was pretty surprising and special when we found out. But then so many people seem to want to wait, it makes me feel like I'm missing out on something if we find out beforehand! First opportunity is next weds at the early anatomy scan. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladameperdue my bff is a delivery nurse and she says the ones where the parents don't know the sex are always the most exciting! 

That being said, I had a co-worker not find out with their second and when it was a second girl, he says it kind of put a damper on the day because they had been so sure it was a boy. He said he wished they would've known and had time to get used to another girl before she was born. 
  • @herewegrow, your coworkers reasoning is the exact reason my husband wants to find out. Not that he won't love another boy, he just really is hoping for a girl and if it's another boy he wants time to get used to that idea cause in his mind this one is for sure a girl. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I find the opposite to be true, @herewegrow. Both times I (and everyone, even strangers, lol) was totally sure I was having boys. Both times it was a girl at birth! Total shock. But I find it impossible to feel disappointed with a healthy baby in my arms. Just my two cents.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @herewegrow I can relate with your coworker. We are back and forth on finding out after waiting to find out for the girls.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm 100% finding out. My 4 year old wants a brother and I gave a feeling it's another girl.. she doesn't even want to talk about the possibility that baby may be a sister. If it's a girl I need time to make her want a girl!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • I'm so excited to find out. Anatomy scan is a long seven weeks away though. But the wives tales seem to nearly all be pointing to girl, and I think it's a girl too. But DH wants a boy first and is convinced it is a boy. We shall see! 
  • Our anatomy scan seems so far away! So excited for all of you ladies as you find out. And way to go Team Green- I admire your patience and ability to wait. 

We we both want to find out just to help feel more prepared mentally. We find out on Election Day!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Seems like there are lots of boys for April17! Fingers crossed for a girl here but still 3 weeks til we find out :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's what I was thinking, @mylittleirvz. I'm hoping for a girl though too! I mean if I had to choose.  :#
  • Team Green!

Though I'm "elevated risk" I will be seeing a maternal fetal at 16 weeks for an ultrasounds. I thought he said they're weekly or bi-weekly SO I'm totally afraid of knowing gender but I'll prob just have him turn the screen towards him so I can't see :)
  • If it were a singleton, we would definitely go Team Green but with the twins, I just have to know!! We are waiting until our anatomy scan which is already scheduled for November 6th.  The countdown begins!
    TTC Numero uno since 01/13
    Me 31, DH 32, Married 08/08
    02/13/15-HSG-All Clear
    07/25/15-50mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #1 cd14-3 Follicles; SA 21Mill- BFN
    08/19/15-25mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #2 cd15-just ovulated, SA 42Mill- BFN
    09/10/15-25mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #3 cd14-2 Follicles; SA 45Mill- BFN
    01/26/16-IVF#1-Follistim 200IU CD2-CD9, Ganirelix CD6-CD10, hCG 5000IU CD10
    ER 02/05-20 Retrieved - 11 Matured, 9 Fertilized, ET 2/10 (1 Transferred, 4 Frz) - BFP 2/19, M/C-3/5-Trisomy 16
    05/03/16-Karyotyping-Good
    06/15/16-Endometrial Biopsy-Negative
    06/21/16-IVF #2-BCP CD3-23, Lupron 10IU CD18-CD2, 5IU-CD13, Gonal-F 225IU CD3-13, hCG 5000IU,
    ER 07/14-14 Retrieved,11 Matured, 10 Fertilized, ET 07/19 (2 Transferred, 6 Frz), BFP 7/28, 8/16 U/S-TWINS! 
    Due Date - April 6, 2017  UPDATED March 23, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I can't believe how many boys there are so far!  Very exciting to see what everyone is having!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is everyone still updating the poll on page 1? According to that it's about 50/50
  • And/or updating the spreadsheet
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Our little nugget had their back to us for the NT scan, so I won't know now until November/December. Really sad about it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• So excited for everyone, I love finding out what you're all having! We won't know until around Christmas so I'm also living vicariously through you guys :p
  • @Lovable Bump We're not finding out until the anatomy scan, but I subconsciously use "he" when talking about Nugget as well! DH is always correcting me hahaha.  I really have no sex preference, so I have no idea why I do this!
  • It won't let me update my vote since I already voted Team Green, but I am weak.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MWoodside I don't know if I could resist opening the envelope! haha