September 2015 Moms

NBR Natural Household Cleaners

BabyBugutskyBabyBugutsky member
edited September 2016 in September 2015 Moms
Any ladies make their own cleaners? Or what natural products work best for Windows, floors and general cleaning? I'd like it to disinfect too. Thanks ladies.

Re: NBR Natural Household Cleaners

• My grandma uses vingar with water to clean her windows and mirrors. She also uses it to wash the bathroom. I dont use it, but ive seen her use it and it works pretty good.
  • I use vinegar, baking soda, dish soap and lemon juice (not all together) to clean my house. The only cleaner I still buy is toilet cleaner, because we have super hard water and natural wasn't cutting it.

Windows and mirrors I spray with straight vinegar, wipe with microfiber cloth. 

Tile floors I use baking soda and water paste on grout, let it sit, then wash the floor with vinegar.

Wood floors I wash with just a damp cloth, dipped in hot water and dish soap. 

General cleaning I use half vinegar, half water in a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap.

Oven, I make a paste with baking soda, leave it overnight, wipe in the morning.

Kitchen surfaces (like cabinets, or fixtures that get greasy) I use hot water with dish soap and lemon juice.

There are some EOs that can be added for extra cleaning. Nature Clean Mars a hospital grade disinfectant based on thyme oil-I've never bothered though, if I truly need to disinfect (like when everyone has gastro) I use bleach.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use vinegar, baking soda, dish soap and lemon juice (not all together) to clean my house. The only cleaner I still buy is toilet cleaner, because we have super hard water and natural wasn't cutting it.

Tile floors I use baking soda and water paste on grout, let it sit, then wash the floor with vinegar.

General cleaning I use half vinegar, half water in a spray bottle with a couple drops of dish soap.

Kitchen surfaces (like cabinets, or fixtures that get greasy) I use hot water with dish soap and lemon juice.

There are some EOs that can be added for extra cleaning. Nature Clean Mars a hospital grade disinfectant based on thyme oil-I've never bothered though, if I truly need to disinfect (like when everyone has gastro) I use bleach.

All of this. 
  • I really like Method brand cleaners, they are plant based, smell super good and 90% of the time do the job. Otherwise I use vinegar for most hard water build up (rarely oxy clean kaboom when vinegar doesn't work) and baking soda on burnt pans. I do use bleach for the toilet though. 
  • Seventh generation and Norwex products at our house 
  • I do the water, vinegar, dawn soap and baking soda mixture as well. I also add some tea tree essential oil since it is naturally  anti bacterial. For bathrooms I kick it up a notch and add borax. Works great!

I second all of these, this is pretty much exactly my mo