October 2016 Moms
Options

Health and Fitness Check-In (9.19.16)

What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  

What is your fitness goal this week?  

Any challenges this week?  

How did you do with your goals last week? 

GTKY: If you had to bring back one fashion trend from your school days (elementary through high school), what would you choose?

Re: Health and Fitness Check-In (9.19.16)

• Options
    I just want to not eat as much carbs!

Fitness goal?  Hmmmm, make it to barre again next Saturday and walk 3x this week for 40 minutes.  Last week I walked, but I don't think I walked enough to make a difference (just like super slow 20 minute walks)

Not any real time challenges, but more physical ones.  I've been feeling extra slow and heavy.  It's hard to even drive!

Last week was okay.  I still ate relatively bad, but not as bad as it could have been.  I upped my veggie and fruit intake which was good, and I even did planks and push ups on Saturday!

I'd bring back the Mary Janes.  Damn, I loved my Mary Jane shoes!
  • Options
    Drink more water. Lay off the sweets. I'm just SO EXHAUSTED that I want to eat crap. 

Walk 4 times this week (3 miles each) and get
    some yoga and pelvic excercises in there.  

Getting ready to move and sell our house. Iy yi yi.

How did you do with your goals last week?  
    I ate like garbage.

GTKY: If you had to bring back one fashion trend from your school days (elementary through high school), what would you choose? 
    I feel like everything has already came back. But how about the side pony ;)
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskratt how are you staying sane while trying to move and sell the house?  I'd go crazy!!!!

Also would love some pelvic exercise ideas!  
  • Options
    I want to get to the gym 3x this week (pool 2x and bike 1x). Eat more protein and less sweets. Drink more water. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been sucking at everything health and fitness related in third tri.  This week my goal is to walk 8 miles over the course of the week for no other reason than helping guide the baby out.  
  • Options
    @mrskratt how are you staying sane while trying to move and sell the house?  I'd go crazy!!!!

Also would love some pelvic exercise ideas!  
    Girl, I am exhausted. Selling a house and moving is terrible without being pregnant! I don't even know what we were thinking. I just want to cry, all day, every day. 
    My midwife gave me some exercises to do at home because of all my pelvic issues. A lot of pelvic tilts, kegels and cat-cows. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    I've been to the gym twice already (NOT normal by wednesday at all) so 1-2x more would be good. However I'm also stressing myself out about going b/c it gives me BH and I'd like to keep her cooking as long as possible. But today had minimal BH so I guess I will just feel it out. 

Oops I answered this one. So for food...I don't really have food goals. Eat more veggies and protein when possible. Unfortunately protein literally makes me vom at this point in pregnancy, not sure why but it was the same with DS - so I will consider veggies a win. I crave popsicles constantly but I don't feel too bad about that.

Mostly just of the mental health variety. H is working a TON of OT this week, we are 10 days away from due date, and on his days off we are scrambling with the remodel. I have limited patience for poor DS but am simultaneously desperately trying to enjoy my last days of him being an "only."

Colorful barrettes and sparkly hair things (think spice girls!) :smiley: Or just any sparkles. I freaking love sparkles, I used to joke that my fantasy was to be able to sweat sparkles. But seriously how amazing would that be?! Imagine your average gross sweaty gym and instead of dirty socks smell it would just be sparkles....piles of them. lol.