April 2017 Moms

Belly Rings

Hi ladies,

I've had my belly pierced for half of my life! The past few years I was thinking of getting rid of my belly ring. Now that I'm pregnant, it's making me reconsider again. I'm honestly sentimental about it, but I also don't want to get older and be that woman with a belly ring! haha

Do any of you ladies have a ring? and if so, are you keeping it through the pregnancy?! Let me hear your thoughts!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Belly Rings

• Britney Spears is a mom of two and rocks her belly ring!  I don't have one, so I can't relate. 
  • @punkita51 I was in the same boat. I had mine since 7th grade until I got pregnant with DD. I went back and forth for a while. For a while I would still throw the ring in for a couple hours to keep my options open lol, but now I just leave it out. It took me a while, I don't think it matters as long as you feel comfortable with your decision. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I took mine out.. I also took off my toe rings. It was a sad day.
    Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
    1st child, 2 fur-babies
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I had one and took it out late into my 1st pregnancy.  It was uncomfortable at that point.  No regrets!

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I had one when I get pregnant with DD. I took it off for my first "before" belly picture at 5 weeks. It was a pretty easy choice for me. I wasn't super attached to it. It was a spur of the moment decision that I made the day I moved into my first apartment. So, 4 years later I didn't really care about it that much. I took it out and put it in a really special past memory box. I also didn't want to be that person with the stretched out belly ring hole and the saggy belly. 

But, if it means something to you then you can find a way to keep it. Don't do it if you think you will regret it. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I took mine out while I was pregnant with my first baby. My piercing looks a little strange after being stretched (but I was in really good shape then gained 60 lbs). I think it might actually look better if I got it re- pierced at this point. It probably depends on the person/weight gain. I would say if you still want it, keep it and rock it! Love the Britney Spears reasoning above, that girl still rocks her belly ring! You still have plenty of time to think it over :) it shouldn't start stretching a lot until near the 3rd trimester.
  • I got my first belly piercing at 17 and a year later it got infected (bad advice from a tattoo artist).  I got it re pierced after my divorce and love it.  That was 11 years ago and I was told then that I wouldn't be able to get it re pierced because of scar tissue.  So when I got pregnant I looked into it and you can buy a pregnancy belly bar!  It's a plastic bar that you can cut to the size you want.  I kept mine in for 4 pregnancies and plan on keeping it for this one to!  When my belly gets really big people think it's my belly button, I have fun telling them it's my piercing :smiley:
    i got my bar on an eBay store site. Reminds me I should order a new one :)

brw im in my mid 30's and don't plan on taking it out anytime soon, it's part of me :)
  • I guess I'm not the norm, but I had mine pierced for a few years and then took it out during my first pregnancy and I even now - 8 years later - I can just put it back in at any time. Do they usually close?
  • I've had mine for 16 years.  My doctor told me it had to come out. He said there is something you can buy that will stretch with you and maintain the hole thru the piercing, but I didn't do that. If It closes & I miss it after the pregnancy I might get it repierced. Maybe I'll get lucky & it won't close? 
  • @Cook3133 is right! I also got the plastic/flexible belly button bar and it didn't affect anything at all. :) best part is, I got to keep my belly button pierced and didn't have to get it re-done. Now....my nipples are another story. Lol! Darn that breastfeeding! Those are gonna get redone after this next baby though. Haha! 
  • Thanks for all the advice. Weirdly enough... my belly button has started to get irritated!! :[
    I'm doing warm sea water soaks but I'm assuming its happening from my clothes rubbing against the ring. 

I'm going to let this baby heal first... and then most likely take it out. Horrible timing!
    BabyFruit Ticker