October 2016 Moms
Options

Saturday ticker change 9/17

I figured I would get this started since @nataliemaephotography is a little busy today! ;) 

How many weeks?

What size is baby? 

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  

GTKY: What is the weirdest symptom you've experienced this pregnancy? (Borrowed from Friday) 

Re: Saturday ticker change 9/17

• Options
    How many weeks?
    What size is baby? 
    Romaine lettuce 
    Upcoming appointments? 
    Weekly on Wednesday 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    We got our final growth scan scheduled for 10/3 (due 10/8), with a follow up appt on 10/5. I don't see how it will be all that helpful that close to the date! 
    Some crazy back pain that is accompanied by stomach tightening- thinking it might be random back contractions? Had a few Thursday night and a few tonight- nowhere near regular. 
    GTKY: What is the weirdest symptom you've experienced this pregnancy?
    I don't know that it's a symptom, but I'm surprised by how many things are affected by pregnancy- getting in and out of the car, going up stairs. I didn't know how slow I would be! 
  • Options
    How many weeks? 35

What size is baby? Pineapple

Upcoming appointments? Not until 36 weeks, then weekly with a growth ultrasound at 38 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I wish I had started preparing for birth earlier.  I'm feeling rather unprepared about birthing this baby, but I'm also procrastinating doing small things - like washing his clothes or installing his car seat.  I know I only have a little time left and I'm so tired that I'm just letting things slide.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Last couple of days I've really wanted chocolate.  So I have been having a tablespoon or two of semi sweet chocolate chips and raw almonds.  I want the no bake chocolate cookies, but don't want to have them around the house for me to devour, so... skipping them for now.

GTKY: What is the weirdest symptom you've experienced this pregnancy? I say my belly button is going to pop out this pregnancy and it feels very weird.  Sometimes it hurts.  It was flat my first pregnancy at 9 months, but at 8 months this last week, it doesn't have anywhere to go but out.

ashleyp625 - I feel the same thing about my last growth ultrasound.  It seems so late in the game that it doesn't seem helpful at this point to have one.  Oh, well.  Hope yours goes well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, @sadeathe. Same to you! 
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    36 weeks

What size is baby? 
    papaya

Upcoming appointments? 
    Friday with OB; next Tuesday U/S

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    4 more weeks!  That is both my rant AND rave.

carpal tunnel, hip pain (but less severe than it was), exhaustion
    craving popsicles and ice cream
    aversion to balanced meals

GTKY: What is the weirdest symptom you've experienced this pregnancy? (Borrowed from Friday) 
    sweaty feet.  
    funny story unrelated to sweaty feet.  We were at BRU last night and I had to fart, and it was louder than expected (nobody was around though).  But I started laughing which made me have machine gun farts, which made me laugh harder. Which made me pee a little.  
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @chriscasey33 "aversion to balanced meals"

^ so much this! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @books&icecream
    Why is this the case?  I tell DH to just pick something for us to eat because absolutely NOTHING sounds good.  I'll eat it if put in front of me...eventually, but jeez.... why am I being so picky suddenly?
    DD 10/19/2016
  • Options
    @books&icecream and @chriscasey33 I've had this problem the whole time. It's so annoying cause I usually always know what I'm in the mood for for dinner but since being pregnant I've had no desire for anything. Like you said though, once it's in front of me I'll eat it.  I've had a major sweet tooth so dessert is never a question of course haha
  • Options
    @kmyers228
    same here! Brownies and ice cream are always good. 
    DD 10/19/2016