February 2017 Moms

FFFC (9/16)

13»

Re: FFFC (9/16)

• Loading the player...
  • @MommaBean @blush64 @BumpasaurusRex Ah, yes, I remember now. That's why we nixed that option when we first researched it.

@MommaBean I actually tried those before! They ripped one of my cat's claws off when he tried scratching the carpet and I was afraid it hurt him, so I stopped using them. Maybe we put them on wrong? We were so scared because he was trying to scratch us while we put them on. Maybe I can get my vet to do it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennpearl007 I thought I once heard that cats can get picky about the litter being used. I know they have clay, and non clay versions plus dust free and clumping .... and so on, but have you tried switching the type of litter? I don't know for sure if it will matter but it might be. Worth a shot. 

@mommabean we kept our laying hens separated from our other chickens. (Meat birds with hens and roosters) so I never worried about a fertilized egg. True Story though, we recently bought fresh eggs off a guy and after we paid we found out he had a rooster in the coop and pen so I fed all the eggs to my husband and kids and I wouldn't eat them lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I'll have DH pick up a different litter type tonight and see what happens! Thanks!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennpearl007 the veterinary clinic where I used to work would put Soft Paws on for you (for a fee). The vet techs were pretty good at getting them on even disagreeable cats.

Maybe your glue wasn't dry and got stuck to the carpet and that's how the nail ripped off? That usually would not happen!
    Although Soft Paws aren't permanent and do need to be replaced every few weeks or if one falls off.
    Declawing is amputating each digit at the last joint, so it has become controversial whether it is humane. Young cats and cats that are a slim weight seem to recover quickly. Older chunky cats are prone to ongoing pain and slower recovery. As you seem to already know, outdoor cats should keep their claws for defense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Speaking of cat hating: there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of being jerked from a sound sleep by claws in your foot! Cats are jerks  :|
  • @MommaBean - my cats don't do that, BUT my male coon cat did hump the crap out of my husbands foot when he was sleeping and I almost peed myself laughing. He was watching my husband slightly move his foot, made a little chirp and pounced on it. It was hilarious....he is fixed so I have no idea what drove the urge but it was very amusing...although my husband waking up to me laughing my ass off and a big fluffy cat violating his foot was not amusing to him at the time 

• I love all the animals but I really, really want a miniature pig.  They are so freaking adorable.
    Omg teacup pigs are basically the best thing ever.