September 2016 Moms

Appointment Thread : 9/12-9/16

I know there aren't many of us left, but here's a place to share anything appointment related this week.

Re: Appointment Thread : 9/12-9/16

• I will start...I had a weekly check up appointment this afternoon (38w3d). Gave a urine sample as usual, blood pressure and had a cervical check. I'm dilated to 1cm and she said baby is no longer "floating" so she's starting to make her way down. She did the fundal height check and this is the first time she said she was measuring small so maybe baby was just in a weird position. Every other week it's been right on target. Or maybe since she's lowering that's throwing it off?

BP and heart beat are all great so that's good. No protein in my urine so that's also good. She did comment that my ankles looked a bit swollen - seems to happen some days at work. This is my last week though!

I have another appointment next Tuesday and have an ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday to check fluids and position etc (due date is that following Saturday!)
  • @rock1cherry My appointment is tomorrow, but last week my fundal height was low for the first time, too. Like, 3 weeks small, low. They did an ultrasound and baby was at 7lbs11oz, or 71st %-ile.  Just like you guessed, LO just looked small from the outside because of riding so low these days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jabreen yes same! She said baby was measuring 36 weeks so I was kind of surprised. Especially since I was there last week and the week before and everything was on track. Strange! She said she thought she may be on the smaller side, but I mean who knows til she's here? I'm not going to worry!
  • I have mine on Friday (will be 38w5d then).  I've been having weekly NST's & u/s the past weeks due to having RA (rhemutoid arthritis) - so a bit more monitoring...and my fluid level was high but the past 2 u/s - the fluid level was normal.  But, even with the RA - all looks good and I've had a really great pregnancy.  I can't complain at all. 

So, Friday, is just another "normal" Friday appointment for me - OB check, NST, & u/s.  I'm not expecting anything big to happen.  Contractions have been sporatic - nothing really solid at all.  I'm scheduled for a repeat c/s next Thursday (22nd) but I'd love to go into labor on my own before that.  This is my last baby (our 3rd) and I'd love to experience labor again.  I got to experience it with my first but after 24 hours that one ended in a c/s b/c my son wasn't tolerating things.  My second - I was trying for a VBAC and all set to go but my little gal decided to flip on me at 38 weeks and b/c of a prior c/s - no version could be tried.  So...even though this one is set for a RCS...I'd still love to experience a bit of labor or my water breaking or something.  (Well, that was a bit more of my history instead of about my appointment! :) )

Anyways, all that to say is that is appointment is on Friday and should be pretty standard for me.  Although I'll be doing as much as I can to get anything going just to experience a little something prior to next Thursday!!  

• Good luck @sarahm7310 hoping you can go into labor naturally on your own per your wishes! I've got my fingers crossed for you! I haven't had an ultrasound since about 20 weeks so I'm kind of excited to get another peek at her before she comes. I haven't had an NST. I got lucky with a really easy pregnancy. Hoping labor goes just as well. ;-)
  • I got my first cervical check today. That was... interesting.

I thought they used a speculum to open you up and actually look at the cervix, but nope, just two fingers straight up. It hurt like a son of a bitch because baby is so low. Like the doctor stuck her fingers in and immediately went "Oh! There's a head right there!" Yeah, there sure is. :|

She thinks I'm only about a centimeter dilated and said the cramping I've been feeling off and on might be the start of something. At my NST I was having contractions every 2-5 minutes but didn't feel a single one. She didn't think baby would come this week, but she did say she thought the induction would probably go well. I'm honestly kind of glad. There's a lot of things I want to finish up this week, so I don't mind having to wait until the induction.

Sorry if any of this was TMI, I don't really have anyone to talk to about these kinds of things. Lol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jln27 the cervical checks really are something ! I don't like them at all. I never imagined they would be as uncomfortable as they are. Kind of glad someone else isn't too keen on them- I thought I was over reacting! 

@rock1cherry I have been measuring behind my whole pregnancy yet after 2 unexpected ultrasounds they say that he is perfect size! You can't trust that fundal measurement ! 

I had my last routine appointment yesterday- I'm 40 weeks tomorrow.
    I have my pre-op on Monday (really don't know what this will entail.. ) Then if nothing happens on it's own I will be induced on Wednesday night the 21st. I really don't want to be induced but they think it's the best idea so I am going to hope something happens before then but just go with the flow if not, I reckon !
  • Still breech, scheduled C section for 09-21. I will be 40 w 2 days. 
  • edited September 2016
    Had my last appointment today! Being induced tonight at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes. Was 50% effaced and barely dilated so looks like I might be in for a long delivery. At least he is head down though!
  • Oh oops- just realized this was for OB appointments, not for the babies...sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• No worries @noelani42 we can open it up to both mama and baby appointments! Glad to hear Brooke is doing so well!!
  • I had my 39 week appointment yesterday (I was 39+3) she said I was a good 2cm and 90 percent. She said she could still feel a band of scar tissue that was essentially making it harder for me to dialate. I thought her checking me hurt more than normal this time and after she finished she said she attempted to stretch my cervix a little so I'm guessing that's where the extra pain came from. She also said my cervix had "the feeling" that once my body starts to dialate everything could happen pretty quickly. I have no idea how she can tell that but I'll just stay optimistic and belive her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tiger2010 glad to hear her billi levels went back down; that's great news! I'm with you - the cervical checks aren't ideal but it hasn't been that bad yet...the dr said she always thought they were worse than actual delivery but I find that hard to believe!

@drabong88 sometimes perception is everything. Even if it turns out not to be 100% true. My doc and friend said spd usually helps make labor easier. I've had horrible pelvic pain for the past few weeks so I will go and believe them for now. Can't hurt to hope for that anyways. Haha!
  • @rock1cherry I agree hope for the best prepare for the worst lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went in on 9/15 to L&D with timeable cramping for 2.5 hours that fizzled into Braxton hicks every 12 minutes and then nothing. I was 0cm, 50% effaced and -2. I normally would have waited but DS was asleep and I was able to drive myself. I figured if it was actual labor I could call someone to be with me. 

I had my appointment later that morning and had no change during that cervical check from L&D.

Side note: why does the nurses' check hurt so much more than my doctor's? 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• @SuperFudge00 I have only ever been checked by an MD as I have been lucky enough to not have to make a trip to L&D but I would think when you are getting checked by a nurse you are more anxious and excited so maybe your body is more tense? And or they are just in a hurry to check you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 I have to say it was technique and possibly because my OB has "small hands" as described by the pediatrician. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!