October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest (12 Sept)

Re: Monday Bitchfest (12 Sept)

• Options
    MILs....AMIRIGHT? Mine poked my belly so hard that it hurt and I had to tell her to stop! Wtf

Everyone who is sick, I'm really really sorry. That is probably the most uncomfortable thing I could think of right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bamacoop and @scostel2 - I feel for ya both, although my MIL is completely MIA.  We called her to let her know we were pregnant back at the end of January, but that seriously has been the only phone call or real contact we've had with her.  I keep her in the loop via my private fb "close friends" settings when I send out detailed info on how the baby is doing, but she never even 'likes' or comments on anything.  Even as we are planning to go back to Scotland in August, we are definitely not planning on spending much time with her.  Rather spend it with Dh's grandmother who has been much more supportive.  She's English though and is lovely and sweet.  I guess my BF is that I wish his mom would actually be a mom and be interested in our baby (her first grandchild), even if it meant complaining about America, us, whatever.
  • Options
    For all the ladies that are sick ( @UFJen @bnsmith85 and any others I forgot to tag) my OB said anything under Tyenol brand, be it Tyenol cold and flu or sinus or whatever, is safe to take during pregnancy - she said if you feel it's turning into an infection, go to the family doctor because they can prescribe something stronger that is pregnancy safe since most OB's don't listen to things like lungs anymore.  The best thing she said though "don't suffer! Take something" <--- my new <3
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS off to get Tylenol cold I go! Thank you!
  • Options
    My Monday bitch is I was finally having a good non painful poop and had to hurry and not finish properly cause my kids started fighting.  :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Had to go to my Dr appointment alone because FI had a stupid meeting that he wasn't able to get out of in time for my appointment. i know he couldn't help it but it still pisses me off. 
  • Options
    maf9866maf9866 member
    edited September 2016
    @MRSCORKER you kill me!! Haha. But I am the same way. I have no sympathy. Luckily, my mil finally understands that I want nothing (or very little) to do with her. Even though she has always hated me she still would get irrationally mad when I would choose my mom over her. Wtf!? But, like I said, she's finally got it (11 years later!).

on the topic of people coming to the hospital, my dh's aunt and sister were talking about something on Facebook and I clicked into the comments and his aunt said something like 'it's a good thing we'll get new baby snuggles in October' and then said something like 'I'll race you to the hospital'. Um no! Way to assume you are going to visit me at the hospital. I actually picked a hospital this time that was almost 2 hours away from them (they live 45 mins from me and then we live an hour away from the hospital) so no one would be inclined to visit. I also want to make sure my dd is the first or one of the firsts to visit. If I deliver during the night and she has school, I'm telling my mom to make sure she goes to school first. And then I'm really hoping they'll let me leave after a day because I don't really want to be away from dd that long. So there will be no time for visitors. I got really pissed at the assumption! Plus my SIL and his aunt were the two who posted pictures and an announcement of dd's birth BEFORE I had!! So I really really don't want them near me. 
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 OMG, rain ruining straight hair is the worrrsssttttt.! So sorry!
  • Options
    @annabenanna I bet your mom being so far away and knowing she can't be there is really hard. While I don't want my mom in the delivery room, it is comforting to know she could be there in a matter of minutes if need be. You'll get to see her so soon though! 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    @annabenanna I bet your mom being so far away and knowing she can't be there is really hard. While I don't want my mom in the delivery room, it is comforting to know she could be there in a matter of minutes if need be. You'll get to see her so soon though! 
    Thanks @MRSCORKER!  I do miss her, especially now.  It's nice that we get to talk everyday, but still.  She's got this arthritic psoriasis that attacks her bones and makes it uncomfortable for her to travel, so she can't be here. :(  I am super excited to bring her a grandson in a few months though!  
  • Options
    This is more of a petty problem but I keep accidentally bumping my belly on my desk and it hurts
  • Options
    kmyers228 said:
    This is more of a petty problem but I keep accidentally bumping my belly on my desk and it hurts
    Little one keeps kicking me right where my desk hits my belly and it's super uncomfortable. I feel like I need to sit a little bit back from my desk but then I'm reaching for my keyboard and my back starts to hurt. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    My husband finally got in touch with his mom about her wanting to stay with us after we have baby #2.  He and I  finally agreed that she could come down the last two weeks of October because that will be when he goes back to working nights at the hospital after taking paternity leave and I figured it could be nice to have someone those few night he works and it's just me with both boys.

Well, to our surprise she already requested October 5th (our due date) - 17th off from work and can't make any changes to the schedule since others have requested vacation around hers - without talking to either of us about dates at all.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @annabenanna Haha, well I was pouting like a two year old this morning because I couldn't find my keys. I very rarely lose them, so I was so frustrated!

Also, I'm sorry your mom can't be with you. I would have a really hard time with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MRSCORKER  Oh, I've had that thought and have shared that with my husband too.

I don't want her there during the first week because we need time to adjust to a family of 4 - last pregnancy she stayed in our 1 bedroom apartment with us on our couch after we brought baby home.. without letting either of us know that's what she was planning.  This time, she can sit at home until we say she can come down.

And, as much as I really don't want to go before my due date I have hoped we go two weeks early so it's still on the timeline we were initially thinking, or we go as far as they'll let me after my due date. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband finally got in touch with his mom about her wanting to stay with us after we have baby #2.  He and I  finally agreed that she could come down the last two weeks of October because that will be when he goes back to working nights at the hospital after taking paternity leave and I figured it could be nice to have someone those few night he works and it's just me with both boys.

Well, to our surprise she already requested October 5th (our due date) - 17th off from work and can't make any changes to the schedule since others have requested vacation around hers - without talking to either of us about dates at all.  
    I almost hope you go a week at least over due to teach her a lesson.  >:) but I'm another one who didn't have the best thing going on with MIL either, so I would totally rather go over due than let her have her way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MIL is in town and taking us to dinner tomorrow. Hubby told me to pick where we should go. While normally I love picking when it comes to MIL I feel pressured to pick somewhere nice but not expensive and really just don't give a crap. I want him to decide so I don't have to worry about it. 
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• Options
    MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited September 2016
    @bamacoop I lol'd at "big British nose"! For all his complaining and saying stupid shit, at least he has a sexy accent right?!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @annabenanna I'm with you! I think it might be a grass is always greener type thing too. My mom died, so its a different kind of absence for sure, but I also get pretty emotional thinking about what it would be like if my mom could be there with me. Most of the time when I'm sad I think about how awesome it would be to have her there and that it would probably be a relief for DH since she and I were so close and she was a much better comforter/support person than he is. But then there's also the rational part of my brain that knows that despite how close we were and how much we loved each other, she could also sometimes annoy the hell out of me sometimes so it's very possible that if I was lucky enough to have her around all the time still I'd be like "no thanks, see you when this kid is out" haha
  • Options

@MRSCORKER You know, so many people talk about how great his accent is, but I hear it so much that I've gotten used to it! Sometimes I don't even notice it! Or I notice it, but it's... not lost it's appeal, really, it's just... part of who he is that I don't even think about it sometimes.

@annabenanna I didn't even think about that, oh my goodness. I should make her do the laundry while she's here! Of course, we don't have a line to dry anything on, though, so she'll probably say something about that. Ugh. Or about how we'll be wasting electricity by heating the house, or because we'll have an electric stove, or whatever. But you better believe she won't say anything when she uses our electric kettle to heat water for her tea!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The "half mine" comment irks me. Was she there to make the baby? Nope. Not half yours! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Oh @CopperBoom86 no, no, absolutely no.  Your sister-in-law sounds like a nutbag. 
  • Options
    @ignoscemihi - She totally is. A convicted felon, too. And a terrible mother. I promise you I don't say that lightly either. Her kids are perpetually filthy and sick. She brushes their teeth and gives them baths maybe once a week. They're 7 and 4. She just took her oldest to the dentist for the first time this summer and she had to have 4 baby teeth pulled because they were completely rotten and hurting her. Their house is a filthy disgusting crap hole. They don't let people in very often, but the few times we've been in there, there's trash everywhere, dirty dishes overflowing in the sink, dirty clothes blanketing the floors, stains everywhere on the carpet from their dog's pee and poop- they haven't bothered to train it even though they've had it for a couple years. 

So, yeah, she's a real gem. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 What the actual hell? Is she straight up crazy? I would have laughed, especially at the dramatic way she said it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Hahahha alll these MIL comments are so great, but they also all make me super ragey at the same time. 
  • Options
    Oh @CopperBoom86 that is just so not ok. The shower stuff already was cray cray but all that?!? Mannnnn you are a saint for even halfway putting up with that! 

• Options
    I. Hate. Buying. Cars. 

Seriously. Someone find the car I want and deliver it.