October 2016 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest (12 Sept)

*American lady living in Tanzania.
DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)

Re: Monday Bitchfest (12 Sept)

• Options
    INSOMNIA!! Not how I wanted to start the new week off... Dead ass tired!!! Hoping I can get a few more hours in before having to get up for work. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    Felt terrible all day sunday. Didn't get alot of sleep before coming into work tonight. Get off work at 6 am. Have a million and one things to do when i get off work. One of which includes a 10 30 appointment. Which means likely I won't be home til noon or so. All while still feeling like crap and having insufficient sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to do a 24 hr urine collection to make sure I don't have pre-e (blood tests look fine, but because of protein in my urine the whole time compounded with GD and the swelling, they just want to be sure). Well in my head it was my week to come in at 9am, but as I went to bed last night I double checked and it's actually my 8am week. The lab doesn't open until 7:30am and it's across town from work, plus the commute time means I need to leave in 10 minutes, however I'm bumping and haven't showered yet or let the dogs out. 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 I am dead after nightshift, I don't know how you stay alive. I've only done that like twice. 

I have a bunch of not awesome phone calls to make this morning about fmla messups and dr bills. EWW
  • Options
    scostel2scostel2 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm with you all on the exhaustion. Between insomnia and just being so uncomfortable I haven't gotten much quality sleep. Coupled with the fact that my husband works nights and gets home at 4 am, effectively waking me up for the day lately, I'm going to get zero sleep this week and just be useless at work. Which is awesome, because it's like my boss only actually realized 2 weeks ago I'm pregnant and is now panic swamping me with prep and work. Happy Monday! 
  • Options
    TMI but my vag hurts! It's not a pain per say it's more discomfort pain. Not Monday specific but I need to bitch about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My Monday BF is with the sudden new ads on The Bump (mobile bumping)- in the middle of reading threads my whole screen redirects to "become a millionaire!" "Congratulations!" And a million pop-ups later I close the tab and reload everything. Ugh! Is it cause it's 5:54am? Or cause I use an Android?! This hasn't happened before and it's done it like 5 times in the last 30 minutes ...
  • Options
    @Kittens22 I use android and my app has done that before but usually if I click the refresh arrow it will go back to an ad free version
  • Options
    @kmyers228 oh that's just lovely! Thanks!!!! :) 
  • Options
    With you guys on no sleep. Got up to pee about 3:00 am & never could fall back asleep. My mind was racing & I couldn't turn it off. My face is so swollen today I look like a chipmunk/blowfish crossbreed. Really cute. 
  • Options
    amye102485amye102485 member
    edited September 2016
    This morning was rough. My daughter wouldn't eat breakfast, kept complaining about not wanting to go to school, I couldn't find my car key and my husband wouldn't answer his phone to tell me where he put it. I had to speed part of the way to get my daughter to school before the tardy bell. Now I have to get ready for a dr. appointment when I just want to take a nap.

Screw you, Monday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This puppy keeps waking up hours before my toddler gets up! It kills me when my DD sleeps in and I can't. It's almost like I have a newborn. Except I have to chase him around outside to get him to go potty every 15 minutes and he's thinks it a hide-and-go-seek game. And then chase him around inside because he is chewing on EVERYTHING... Even the trim on our walls and the brick on our fireplace. Ugh. So glad DH wanted this puppy so bad. 
    I can't wait for my dentist appointment at 3pm lol
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    I've had insomnia the past 2 nights, but last night I woke up with a really sore throat at 4:00 a.m. My alarm was set for 5:30 so I just decided to get up. I feel really sick, but I have a doctor appointment with my OB today, so I went ahead and came in to work. I'm pretty sure I look like death warmed over. I hope this day goes by quickly so I can go home and get back in bed.
  • Options
    @scostel2 Ugh, why are our bosses so lame??  I'm in the same boat lately... Despite my telling my supervisor and department I was pregnant in APRIL, it appears they're just now realizing how pregnancy works (never mind that they've all had babies themselves before) and that I could technically go out at any time now...  Which means, they're coming at me from every angle to prep and train and accommodate their concerns.  So, yup, I'm swamped.  WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE FIGURED THEIR SH*T OUT MONTHS AGO AND I COULD HAVE BEEN TRAINING ALL SUMMER?

And, also on the "lack of sleep" train...stupid carpal tunnel wakes me up all night long, which makes trying to stay awake at work pretty difficult. I just want to burrow in my pillow on my stomach and sleep for days....

• Options
    I've had a vacation request in for a couple of weeks because I did a favor for a co-worker and picked up her evening shifts Saturday and Sunday. Today is my regularly scheduled day shift, which would mean getting out of work at 11:30pm last night, driving 45 minutes home, then waking up at 5am to be back at the hospital for 7am today. They never approved my vacation day, so I asked (cried to) the supervisor last night. She said to call at 6:15 this morning and she would let me know. So I still had to wake up at 5:30 to get ready "just in case," then called in just to be told I could stay home. Couldn't fall back to sleep, DS was up at 7am to get ready for school, and now I'm exhausted and miserable. To top it all off DH hurt (maybe broke) his wrist yesterday so allll of our house renovations are on hold, including the new nursery. We have 5.5 weeks left. I'm losing my mind!
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    +1 for no sleep! I wake up every hour to pee, but last night it was every hour PLUS twice in one hour. After the last one, I fell asleep on the couch because it seemed easier to get in and out of and slept for a SOLID THREE HOURS. Hallelujah. But then my back hurt, so I got back in bed at 5am. No sleep, in pain, and pee'ing all the time. So so so so done! 
  • Options
    I get into work with 30 emails and 5 voicemails of people bitching at me because they want to be a vendor in our biggest event of the year. The catch is, it's in 3 weeks! We have a limited number of spaces (140) and the event is in a park. I CANNOT physically create more space for you because you waited until September to apply for an event on October 1.

And on top of that, we had to cancel this event last year (the first time ever in 38 years of the event) because of 14 days straight of rain and high winds and we were in a declared State of Emergency. Vendors were offered a credit or a refund. Those with credit were emailed when applications were released to remind them that they still had to send in a new application in order to receive a space. They also were told they had to do so by August 1 to guarantee a space, after that point a space would no longer be held for them.

so now I have people bitching at me wanting a space because they had a credit but they couldn't bother to send in a one page application!
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I woke up feeling more sick than I have the past few days, and ended up puking.  This cold is refusing to go away and now I'm concerned it's turning into an infection and like @von1976 said I'm terrified I'm going to be sick and in labour cause that will suck balls!! I have an OB appt today so I'm going to see if there is anything else I can take besides just rest, fluids and Tyenol cause this shit ain't helping!! Then to top it off I am at Tim Horton's having a tea and I felt a cough coming on so I took a sip of tea and my tongue is STILL burning and I swear it was an hour ago I took that sip.  *sigh* I need a nap!  On the up side I only got up to pee twice last night which is a first, even though I didn't sleep well I was impressed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bamacoop  My mom is British and is the same way. She complains about everything if it's not done her way. Drives me bonkers how I can never do anything right. She told FI that if I do end up having a C-Section, that instead of him taking off 2 weeks, he should only take off one and she will come stay with me the second week. I told him no, he will stay with me the two weeks as I wont be able to stand listening to everything I do wrong for a week straight. She's also allowed to be in the delivery room to me (after crying saying it's her first grand child and probably only one she will get) but I've shunned her to a corner of a room. The first time she says I'm doing something wrong, she's out. 
  • Options
    Last week of work and the appointment books are totally bare for today and tomorrow. This is always a slow time for the salon, so I shouldn't be surprised, but I was really hoping to make a nice bundle of cash before going on maternity leave.  :/

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options

@LauraPCOS Hey, that is impressive, only getting up twice to pee! Hope you feel better soon!

@mizzkbrat Ugh, I would NOT let that lady in the delivery room with me, even if she cried! You have more strength than I do! I don't understand what it is with some of these women. I also don't understand big whiners in general. I know multiple people who are just SO negative all the time, complaining about everything, or talking down to people they feel aren't doing things "right" (which just means the way they would do it), and I'm just like.... isn't that exhausting? To be constantly on the lookout for something to gripe about? Just calm yourselves, people!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LauraPCOS oh man -- I really hope the Dr can help you out some how. Nothing worse than feeling miserable and there's nothing we can take. Hope you feel better soon!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    @LauraPCOS I feel you, my cold hasnt gone away either. I have an appt tmorrow with my OB, so I'm hoping she can give me something to take.

My BF is the coffee machine is broken at work today. I don't make coffee at home during the week since work has 2 Starbucks machines here. The only one with decaf is broken and the other machine the coffee just tastes burnt, ugh. Damn Mondays
  • Options
    Oh man @bamacoop solidarity on this one. I'm really lucky that I generally love my in-laws but the "har har har Americans do XYZ so annoying!" thing gets really old. Especially because my husband generally loves all these American conveniences until he is talking to his family and then it goes back to how much better everything is in Europe.
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS Feel better!!! 

@mizzkbrat Ughhh no amount of whining or crying or bitching would get my MIL in the delivery room. She's a nurse and I need her to stay out and just be a grandmother on that day!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Ugh @bamacoop - can I smack your MIL?? I'm blaming hormones but all her complaints are making me ragey... I want to shake some sense into her!
  • Options
    Well the difference is..this is my MOM, not my MIL. So she has that hold over me. :|
  • Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    Well the difference is..this is my MOM, not my MIL. So she has that hold over me. :|
    Whoops read that wrong! Yeah my mom isn't coming in either but luckily she didn't pitch a fit. She was more worried about sending pictures of the baby to her friends ASAP :eyerolls:
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    mizzkbrat said:
    Touche... It's hard to say no to Mom. I'm lucky my Mom wants nothing to do with my delivery. In her words "I've delivered babies, it's not cute and not something you'll want an audience for!" AMEN. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options

Thanks for the sympathy, y'all!

That's exactly it, @scostel2 !!! I'm standing there in the hallway having JUST folded DH's laundry and laid it out for him, while we're in our air conditioned apartment, and he's making jokes about Americans wasting electricity. I wanted to be all "You can do your own laundry then, without the dryer, and you can survive this 97 degree heat without an a/c, since that's what you do in England!"

And I'm sorry, but the "can't go outside or I'll get shot" thing almost had me over the edge. Yes, this is America where a lot of people have guns. But why would you think we'd purposely get a new house built in a neighborhood where getting shot on a walk in the middle of the afternoon would be a possibility, huh? Oh that's right... we wouldn't!

Also she, just completely out of the blue, asked DH if he was gaining weight. I wanted to slap her for him. Yes, DH has probably gained a couple pounds, but he was skinny to begin with and is still skinny! Sorry we live in Alabama and have so much amazing food here! At least you know he's not going hungry after moving to a new life in a new country.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I am awake since 4 am, and I went to bed around 11pm and woke up three times to pee.....

Every time I got out of bed I was feeling pain in my hip/legs....

TMI vag hurts, I even thought I was going into labor but no, it was just baby moving around wildly...

My boss is leaving tomorrow so now I get to attend his meetings today... boring meetings + no sleep + hormones = bitchy and sleepy mode on....

• Options
    @bamacoop - your MIL sounds terrible. But you're nicer than I am.... I think the whole, why don't you come down and do the laundry then, would have come out of my mouth. And I DEFINITELY would have threatened to let DH do his own damn laundry and told him he better not touch this energy wasting, American, dryer. lol Hang in there!

@mizzkbrat - nope nope nope! You're still a much more kind person than I am. I'd have no problem telling my mom no to coming in the room. Still, no amount of whining about it would change that. You're basically a saint.

@krzyriver - I also don't get the whole, wait out in the lobby until the baby's here, thing. When we decide to let everyone know we're at the hospital (or heading there) we'll also politely let them know that we'll keep them posted and will let them know when it's okay to come visit. I mean, give a girl some time to recover... geez!

My MBF- I caught the cold that my friend's son was getting over (because I work from home and have the immune system of an infant), I'm SO tired, and I really just wanted an easy day at work. I get in and take a look at my calendar... it looks WONDERFUL! I have a huge gap in calls from like 11- 2:30. Time to just catch up and not be crazy all day.... but nope! By 9:30 I no longer have any breaks in my schedule and will be on calls or prepping for calls ALL. DAY. LONG. Eff you Monday! We are not friends.