Infertility
Options

Newb Intro

Hi All!

I am a regular poster over on TTGP and have found myself slowly relating less and less to posters over there.  I lurk here quite a bit, and after some friends on TTGP have started posting here I felt comfortable enough to do so as well. I did start a weekly IF thread check-in on TTGP and am glad I've seen some ladies from here post over there!

A little background, DH is 29 and I am 28. We've been married since September 2015. I went off of BC a few weeks before our wedding and at first my cycles seemed to be normal. Eventually they lengthened quite a bit, and in March I was diagnosed with non-insulin resistant PCOS. I'm glad I did not wait the year mark to seek out the advice of an OBGYN. We were directed to our RE who we have had three unsuccessful Letrozole and IUI cycles. We are currently on our fourth TWW with the same protocol. We will be moving on to injectables next cycle if this one also proves unsuccessful.

I look forward to getting to you know all better, and sharing in your journeys! 

Re: Newb Intro

• Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you join us but sorry for the reason you're here. DH and I are the same age as your husband and you. I also have PCOS and am doing Letrozole/IUI. The same thing happened with my cycles coming off the pill. The first two were regular and then they got longer. After a year and a half they got more regular again. Hope your stay on the board is short!  Fx for this month for you!
    Me: 28 with PCOS
    DH: 30, TTC since May 2015
    Started 2000mg Metformin in 8/2016
    8/2016: Letrozole (4 follies)  BFN
    9/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    10/2016: Letrozole (2 follies),  IUI, progesterone, BFN
    11/2016: Letrozole (2-4 follies), IUI, progesterone, BFN
  • Options

Hello friend! Keeping everything crossed for you! I hope you don't need the 4th cycle, but if so...we are here!
    TTC #1 - December 2015
    Me:31 H:31
    DX: MFI - 1% Morph 
    12/16 -IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol w/ Lupron trigger
    ER - 11 retrieved- 9 mature - 7 fertilized - 3 sent for PGS on day 5 - No normals (1 XXX Embryo - may use in future)
    3/17 - IVF #2 - Antagonist Protocol w/ HCG trigger
    ER- 13 retrieved - 11 mature - 8 fertilized - 2 sent for PGS on day 5 -2 Normal
    FET #1 - 5/16/17 - BFP! - Beta #1 5/25 - 156 - Beta #2 5/30 - 2562 - Beta #3 6/1 - 5191!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I hope your stay here is short! I am also currently in the TWW, having done Letrozole and IUI #1 on 8/30. I also had a couple regular cycles after stopping BC and then...nothing. Hope your TWW goes quickly and you get your BFP!
  • Options
    Welcome!  I also went off BC in Sep when I got married!  First two periods were normalish, then started going longer and longer.  They thought I might have PCOS, but no tests confirm that.  I just had my first IUI last week and am trying to stay hopeful.  Best of luck to you as well.  
  • Options
    It's amazing that so many of us had regular AF's for a while. Must have been the hormones still in our system! Such a mind F.