Pregnant after a Loss

Brown spotting. Terrified.

amwangelamwangel member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
I'm 9w 5d and when I just went to the bathroom, my underwear was full of dried brown blood. I didn't even feel it come out and there was nothing when I wiped but I'm a total mess. I cannot handle this. I've lost 3 pregnancies already. I can't bear to lose another. 

My due date is tomorrow from the baby I lost at 21 weeks. We're leaving for a trip tomorrow to distract ourselves. This timing is horrendous.

I have my intake midwife appointment on Tuesday (I've already had 3 ultrasounds) - is there any point in calling them or should I just wait? I feel sick. Ugh. 

ETA: I have no reason for why this would happen. We had sex 2 nights ago and it kind of hurt afterward (progesterone) but no other cause. 

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

Re: Brown spotting. Terrified.

• I am so sorry - spotting is always anxiety inducing - and to fall the day before your EDD is just salt in a wound. If it's brown and there's no pain the nurses will just tell you to wait - it might make you feel better for a nurse to tell you it's probably fine and if that's the case I would call. If it would frustrate you to be told to wait until Tuesday I wouldn't. I hope you are able to have a Peaceful trip with your husband this weekend and the spotting stops for good.  
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• What sort of progesterone are you on? I am on crinone and have had a similar incident. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely call. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Brown = old blood, it could absolutely be from sex a few nights ago. ((Hugs))

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• @ceclarlinetlo I think you're right. I'll only call if it reappears or there's cramping or there's red blood. Sigh. I DID find the heartbeat with my Doppler last night - so that's reassuring! It's still alive, at the very least. :)

@BornReady Prometrium - suppositories that make everything in there a little irritated. I had some brown discharge after sex when I was pregnant with my 2 year old - hoping this is a one time thing, too! 

@waterfall213 Thank you SO much for your comforting words. I'm hoping you're right. Finding the heartbeat afterwards comforted me a little, at least!

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

waterfall213ceclarlinetlo
  • Thank goodness for home dopplers! Thinking of you

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Was everything okay?