October 2016 Moms
Options

this article boggles my mind...

mrszoessmrszoess member
edited August 2016 in October 2016 Moms
https://usm.ag/2bPt6kT

correct me if I'm wrong since its 3:30am...she's 54, AND didn't know she was pregnant? 

edit: ok no I see she's 36 which makes way more sense but I have an anterior placenta and I'm overweight and you can clearly feel this baby since 18 weeks

Re: this article boggles my mind...

• Options
    Lol glad I'm not the only one bumping at 3am...

I really don't get how you don't know. She didn't really look that big even. And the baby had a stomach infection? 
  • Options
    I used to mentor a few classes in college and I had a girl who didn't know she was pregnant until she was something like 8 months along... I guess it can happen? 

And I know this isn't the point of the post but it runs me the wrong way that they are asking for money for baby things. No where does it say or indicate they aren't 2 average middle class adults that can't afford normal baby things. Just because you CAN start those things doesn't mean you SHOULD. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Really? A fundraiser. Also, $10,000 seems excessive for a car seat and crib, but I digress.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I don't get how this could happen either. If I felt a movement and didn't know I was pregnant I would think there was something wrong. A friend of mine just posted that she became and aunt and her sister didn't know she was expecting. I'm still thinking the same thing. How?!?!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I had an employee last year who didn't know until she was like 7 or so months pregnant. She had an IUD in so she didn't expect it but I'm still not sure how you don't know. But whatever... That baby is cute! Lol
  • Options
    I don't understand it, but this pregnancy hasn't exactly been easy. I don't know if there are completely uneventful pregnancies out there, but it still blows my mind. Everything, and I mean everything, feels and looks different. 
  • Options
    listen I've had a textbook boring situation so far )knock on wood) and when the baby moves you KNOW bc it's crazy. and I have an anterior placenta. 

she he didn't know until she was ready to deliver? BS bs bs bs

also bs on the fundraiser lol
  • Options
    I can understand not knowing until 5 months. If you have an irregular cycle and have a smooth first trimester, I can see how that could happen. Anything after that is BS. I can feel this child's legs under my skin, and I'm a chunky monkey. Never in my life, before now, has my stomach moved from side to side on it's own. Did her feet not swell? No huge dark nipples? No waking up all night to pee? I can't.
  • Options
    A girl that lived in my hall in college did not know until she delivered her baby at 30 weeks. She went to the hospital thinking she was having appendicitis but nope, she was in labor. She never really had a baby bump judging from photos on Facebook and walked out of that hospital not looking like she gave birth at all. He's now a happy and healthy little boy just - over a year old. Don't ask me how it happens, but it does! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    They have a show on tv called ,"I didn't know I was pregnant".  Apparently, people claim this happens all the time....
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will say with my first pregnancy I told DH "I understand now how some people don't know" because I was basically symptom-free for the first few months. But I really don't understand that past 5 months or so. And I definitely don't understand asking internet strangers to fundraise for you.
  • Options
    I have to think that this person or anyone who doesn't know they are pregnant until they go into labor has some kind of mental issue. It's like being in complete denial about the situation.
  • Options
    Aaauugghhh....couldn't she have had someone proofread her YouCare page?  Punctuation, spelling, words out of order - I can't handle it.  I'm a word nerd, so I know I'm extra critical, but if you're putting something out there for the world to see, don't you want to make sure it's written as properly as possible??

And, uh, yeah, $10,000 is a bit crazy to make as the goal.  Is she planning to buy gold diapers??
  • Options
    @jjgypsy I used to get drunk and watch that show years ago. I thought maaaaaybe it could be true. since being pregnant I call absolute BS.
  • Options
    I ended up on the blog of some girl who said she didnt know she was pregnant until like 33 weeks, and then she ended up having an emergency c-section a few weeks later due to pre-e. She said she had been in and out of the hospital for various infections and things and always just assumed they had tested her for pregnancy and it was negative (she was in Africa at the time). 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    samkinssamkins member
    edited September 2016
    Have you ever seen the show I didn't know I was pregnant ? She should be on it, Some of those stories were just wow, you are beyond stupid.

But honestly, with anterior placenta and extra fluff I didn't clearly feel this babe until about 24 weeks. Obviously I know my body and all the other symptoms and no period made it clear something was going on. 

I refuse to believe women don't know they're pregnant, I only heard 1 plausible story on that show and it involved multiple sclerosis and numbness 
  • Options
    I didn't read the link yet but LOL @NicholeL16, never before in my life either has my stomach moved side to side on its own...or shaken, changed shape, or had one part feel hard and stick out. Definitely would think an alien parasite if not a baby
  • Options
    Lol, what a crazy stunt. I agree with all you PP! I think I found out at 6 weeks, and we certainly didn't see this coming, but certain smells at work (that I used to love) were making me feel super sick and sent me running, then obviously no period and I was at the doctor. It was my husband who suggested it first that we might be KU. I definitely had it floating in the back of my mind and fully admit I was in denial...

Maybe the women who "go through" this have lots of spotting throughout the pregnancy? I have heard that is normal, though I have not experienced a single drop of spotting myself in this entire 32 weeks. I wonder if the show's popularity has made it "cool" or feel more culturally acceptable for the women to claim stuff like this. 
  • Options
    @Kittens22 We were totally (and wonderfully) surprised by this pregnancy too and I knew by day 31. At that point my only symptom was tender boobs but I have a very reliable cycle so I didn't need many clues.