Pregnant after a Loss

Always nervous for Dr appointments

I've already had one ultrasound & heard my babies heart beat twice. The doctor told me everything looks great and the heart beat has always been good, but even knowing all of that I still get nervous when going into a doctor's appointment. I always feel like they aren't going to find a heart beat or see something wrong in an ultrasound. I had a miscarriage last year so I know that has something to do with it, but was wondering if any other mom's are having the same problem and what helped them relax a little bit

Re: Always nervous for Dr appointments

• My post below about u/s being triggering is in a similar vein. a home Doppler helped ease my mind a lot with my first rainbow baby.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @MWoodside, I was reading your post right after I had posted mine. I've been looking into getting a home doppler for a couple of weeks now. Hopefully I can get one soon, thank you!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was anxious even after my rainbow baby was born. I was so sure that the other shoe would drop, even after the pediatrician was declaring him perfect. I don't know if the anxiety ever goes away! 

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• I second the home doppler. It has eased my anxiety after 2 losses.  I'm still always worried at u/s appointments but at least I have some peace of mind. 
  • The anxiety got bad enough I was put on Zoloft. I'm sure it helped but I was still nervous every appt and I had one every week. I was considered high high risk after 2 losses, mthfr and GD. I always scheduled my appts for first thing in the morning and when the anxiety was to bad I took a bynadryl to help calm me down. She's 12 weeks old now and I look back and wish I wouldnt of spent my whole pregnancy worried about everything but as we all know easier said than done. Congrats!