January 2017 Moms

PGAL weekly checkin 8.28.16

**Sorry I am a day late and no tags this time - just one of those weeks! **

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY: do you like your name? Did you ever wish you had a different one? (No need to share your actual name if you don't want to)
TW: MMC
BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
———
Diagnoses and Treatments
PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
———
BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

Re: PGAL weekly checkin 8.28.16

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?
    22 weeks! Team Pink!! 

Pretty good. Heartburn is terrible, but manageable. And I have some bad seasonal allergies. 

Pretty good. I will feel better once the kicks are more definite, but I'm still pretty good for now. 

Sept 8

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Not too much going on today. 

8. GTKY: do you like your name? Did you ever wish you had a different one? (No need to share your actual name if you don't want to) 
    I love my name. People where I grew up call me by first and middle name, while where I live now, some people keep it to just first name, and others do the first-middle combo. Either way, I like it! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?
    22 weeks and still rocking Team Green! 

Decent. Have a hemmroid so that's awesome ::eye roll:: First one in my life. I just wrote about this in the symptom thread, but I get what I can only describe as gas pains in the evening. It's pretty uncomfortable and I also feel it if I'm flipping around in bed and changing positions. I rarely feel it during the day at all. I don't know if it's because I tend to eat more at night and I'm having trouble digesting? I think I need to watch that and see if cutting back helps. 

Not great, TBH. I feel like I am counting down until viability. I have this horrible feeling that I've come so far and somehow it will all be snatched away. I'm trying to focus on the present moment and day to day instead of 2-4 weeks from now.

Sept 8, too @cjs260!

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Husband has a car problem, so that's annoying AF. Need to take it to a mechanic tonight. Hopefully it's a relatively inexpensive fix. 

7. Anything else on your mind? Trying not to obsess about viability. Easier said than done. And already ready for this week to be over. Lots of little, annoying things popping up that are a headache. 

Eh, it's fine. It was very common and popular in the 80s so I didn't love that growing up. I'm more ok with it now because I hear it less frequently now that I have co workers and friends that are not right in my age group, but it was annoying having so many kids in my classes with the same name. One of the main reasons I am so hung up on giving this baby a popular name!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue?

18+4. We find out Saturday if we're having a football player or cheerleader!! (my bets are cheerleader!!)

Pretty good! Feeling movement more and more and having some VIVID crazy ass dreams!

Good! I feel some movements and feel much better, haven't used the doppler lately 

20wk AS on Sept 13th!!

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

My shingles is about gone, thank God! 

Saturday is DS's B'day/gender reveal party, so I'm busy as heck trying to get everything ready! It helps the week go by fast at least!

Not really...I got stuck with Tiffany, which I just can't imagine being some little 90 year old lady named Tiffany. Parents thought I was going to be a boy, Tyler Nicolas, so they had to come up with a name on the spot. Got Tiffany Nicole. Boo! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016

18+5 Team Pink!

Acid reflux is a bitch if I don't take my once a day and I still have to eat tums 2x a day. Back pain (only on one side). I think my appetite might be picking up even more...

Mostly ok. I am so looking forward to hitting viability.

5. When is your next appointment? My apt with the midwife this week was canceled due to her having a personal emergency so I guess I am back at MFM on 9/7

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

Feeling her move it the best.

I love my name for the family significance. I have the same first name as my mother and grand mother. I went by a shortened version like my grandmother and my mother went by her middle name. My middle name is the same as my Aunt and my mothers Aunt. (does that make her my grand Aunt?) I decided when I was 13 and shipped off to boarding school that I would go by my full first name to sound more mature... lol. I wish I had just stayed the shortened version.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    21 weeks.  1/8.  Team Pink

Holy heartburn!  Other than the ever present heartburn, I'm feeling pretty good.  Swollen feet and hands have returned with the heat, but hasn't been too bad.

Overall I'm fine.  I can feel her kicking (usually my bladder- so clearly she is going to be a lil pain in the butt just like I was).  I did have a very vivid miscarriage dream last thursday and a divorce dream last night- so I'm not completely without anxiety.  

September 19th with the OB

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    Rant- We rent our apartment- and our building management has been HORRIBLE.  We some how blew the breaker for 1/2 of our apartment on Saturday and they wouldn't all the emergency electrician to come out.  Someone finally came out yesterday, but had to order a part.  Hopefully today we will finally have electricity throughout our entire apartment again.  Also on Saturday the maintenance crew was fixing the air conditioner for the unit below ours and we heard a loud bang and found a huge dent in our ceiling along with a screw sticking out of the ceiling. They were equally unhelpful in that situation as well.  I didn't care as much about the damage, but we had no idea what caused the damage and if there were any gas leaks or anything that could cause us to have to leave our apartment.  I cannot wait to until our lease it up.  

Baby shower- we started discuss with our moms this week.  I mentioned that I didn't want to open presents (I get anxiety thinking about it- miscarriage anxiety, not I'm the center of attention anxiety).  I also hated it during my bridal shower.  My family is massive, and we don't all fit in a room to watch gifts be opened (and let's face it, bridal shower gifts are mostly boring).  So the party was still going on in the other rooms, and I felt left out.  Are any of you not opening gifts at your shower?  Is there something you are doing instead to honor the gift givers?  

I guess I like my name.  I know there were times I would have preferred a different name. My name is super common and there were usually 3 or 4 girls with the same name in my classes, but we all spelled our names differently.  I've only come across a handful of people that spell their name the same way I do- and I usually get oddly excited about it.  Like I found my name twin.  I know my parents had a few other names they discussed and I'm glad I didn't get stuck with one of them.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue? 21+ team pink 

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) tingling in arms and legs, wtf is that? Overall, not feeling amazing. I remember my 2nd tri being easier with my first. 

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) I haven't doppler'd in a while. It actually causes me more stress. 

Sept 7. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

8. GTKY: do you like your name? Yep. It's a boy name. I think it's cool 
  • @LoneStar21416 man - life is just throwing it at you right now. I'm sorry the PGAL brain is kicking into over drive - we're here for you if you need to vent about your anxiety anytime. It won't make the time pass faster but it might make you feel a little better. Also - I am on all systems go trying to avoid a hemmorhoid - Possible TMI **I get such painful gas and I try so hard to move it and the tiniest poot of life comes out. Like seriously maybe half a mouse fart. Also, I poop way less often these days and when I finally can poop it looks perfectly normal not like hard/constipated poop usually is so I have no idea what my colon is thinking** at the suggestion of a friend I just bought some benefiber and I am just walking a lot - that seems to help the gas move a little - which sucks when it's 2 AM and you just want to sleep. Also car problems can go suck an egg. I hate car issues. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Thank you @ceclarlinetlo!!! Your post truly made me feel better. Isn't the gas just so unbearable??! I feel like I have productive gas, but it doesn't actually make me feel much better. It's like never ending gas lol and I totally agree - my stool appears to be perfectly normal when it actually comes out so I have no idea what the problem is!! Good call on the benefiber. I may look into that. I had a prescription for colace, but honeslty it doesn't do much. I've only taken it a few times and felt like it was worthless. 
  • I got the official "all clear" today on my anatomy scan from last week (finally). I had suspected at this point all was good from not hearing anything, but it was nice to hear it from the doctor directly! I'm going to try to relax a little now! Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • @LoneStar21416 Yay! What great news! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green pink or blue? 21 weeks, 1/8, Team Pink :)

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) I am finally starting to feel pretty good. It took a lot longer this time around. I have recovered from my first chiropractors appointment and my consecutive one's have helped relieve the tingling in my leg which is wonderful. Not so much with the hip pain and sleeping but I think some of that isn't pregnancy related (at least not all pregnancy related).

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Much better after our AS yesterday. Baby girl is healthy and quite the mover. I really wish I could feel her move more but it was great to see her. Doctor said it's perfectly normal to only feel her move once a day or so at this point and that it will pick up as the weeks go on. I just had expected to feel more at this point.

5. When is your next appointment? September 27th for a regular appointment. I failed my early 1 hour glucose test yesterday so I have to go back on Friday for the 3 hour one. Boo :(

6. Rants/raves/whatever Not looking forward to Friday's 3 hour Glucose test but really hoping I pass. Otherwise my main thing here is really wishing my son would go to sleep. The last 2 weeks he's been fighting going to bed so badly and it's really wearing on us.

8. GTKY: do you like your name? Did you ever wish you had a different one? (No need to share your actual name if you don't want to) Never any issues with my first name. My middle name is Michael (after my dad) so growing up I struggled with that and with the fact that kids are mean. I didn't share it with many people. In high school I really learned to appreciate it and now I love it. I'm passing it on to this baby (was going to whether it was a boy or girl) and hoping I can help her love it as much as I do and be proud of it from an early age.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

21w,1d, Jan. 10th.  Team PINK!

Pretty good.  Hungry a lot.  Crazy dreams at night.  Some lower back pain already.

Quite good.  Had a great 2nd screening ultrasound last week and they said everything looks normal, which is always a relief.  I love feeling the kicks.

Tomorrow, 9/1

6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    I told my grandmother that we're having a girl and she said "oh, I wanted a boy.  well, you get what you get, maybe your sister will get the boy."  WTF grandma?  She's 92 and has no filter.  I was bummed because now I feel like she's not as excited for this baby, but my mom says that's definitely not the case.

I struggle with wanting to have and feel cute in maternity clothes but the reality is that they'll only fit for a while and it's not a great use of money.  I'm in opposite seasons from last pregnancy so I need a bunch of work clothes for cold weather.  Ahh to be rich...

I'm OK with it.  It's a relatively common one, especially in the 80's.  But between mine and my two sister's names, I like mine the best, so that's something.

Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16

• @curlysue22 After my last pregnancy I decided to give my Grandma a break and not let what she says bother me. I've decided she doesn't always know what comes out of her mouth and even what she says, half the time means something different.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh, we find out tomorrow what the nugget is! Being able to call the Nugget by a specific name will be such as relief! Between that and movement, it's definitely more real!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016