Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Weekly Thread 8/29

kiwi2628kiwi2628 member
edited August 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
Its the end of August! Another month down!!!!

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS?

GTKY: Would this be ok? How about never have I ever. If you have done it, please 'love it'.

Re: Benched/TTA Weekly Thread 8/29

• Loading the player...
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Travel to active zika virus transmission area

How long do you think you'll be here? 4 more weeks

How have things been going?   It has been going fast.  I am sure these next few weeks will fly by.  I am really excited to be done with condoms as well.  

Any R/R/CS? 
    I was upset that my pregnant friend was complaining about how her baby wouldn't stop moving around.  We would have been due about 10 days apart, so that wasn't nice to hear.  

GTKY: Would this be ok? How about never have I ever. If you have done it, please 'love it'

Never have I ever gone skydiving.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• *TW - Loss* (Is this necessary within this thread since the first post already covers it or...? IDK.)

Are you benched or TTA?
    Benched

What brings you here? MMC - 8/16

How long do you think you'll be here? Until my next period. Not sure when that might happen. Two weeks later and still spotting. A week ago HCG was down to 373. Yesterday was a squinter so it seems like things should start moving forward sooner rather than later. I don't know. I hate feeling like I have zero clue when anything might happen. First and foremost for TTC but also because I have a 9-day work trip coming up and I'd like to know how to plan. I'm headed to a kind of grueling show and I've seen some bad stories about the first period after a MC.

How have things been going? I'm a lot better than last week. But then I feel like a horrible person for feeling better. So it's a bit of a roller coaster. And it's hard because the non-carrying partner just doesn't understand. H isn't reminded of it every time he goes to the bathroom. He isn't reminded of it when he pauses to consider the safety of a food item and remembers it's a moot point. And, one of my earliest symptoms was a strange lingering scent in my nose and to a lesser extent, taste in my mouth. Some people call it metallic, I don't know that that was it but in the beginning, when it meant good things, it was kind of fun and strange. It came back last week as the hormones went down and it was a constant, now painful, reminder. 

Any R/R/CS? I've started temping some now just to see if I can figure out where things are at. But, while it's something I'm absolutely willing to do for TTC, it was glorious to quit temping and it's hard to get back into the habit. 

GTKY: Would this be ok? How about never have I ever. If you have done it, please 'love it'.
    Never have I ever... ridden a camel. 

@kiwi2628 I highly recommend the flight lines in Vegas, out at Bootleg canyon. I was freaked out but H wanted to do it so I sucked it up...and loved it.

@mrs35 We went on a Holland America cruise to Alaska last year. It was another one of those things I was not super into but H really wanted to do it so we went and it was awesome. Of course we lucked out with beautiful weather but we had a great time. I think the biggest thing is finding the company that matches what you're looking for. We weren't looking for a big party boat which is good because we would have been disappointed. We also weren't looking for one that had a bunch of stuff for kids. There weren't a lot of younger couples on the ship and maybe only 20 or so kids. It was mostly the retiree set. Which worked for us!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • lmc929lmc929 member
    edited August 2016
    @Kiki75 @mokay19  @jmn1985 @mrs35I am so sorry to hear this. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• So sorry to all the loss ladies. Creepy internet stranger hugs.
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    edited September 2016
    @BusinessWife Thank you. I certainly recommend against it. I could use a lot of non-Bump-friendly terms for it but, you know. It just sucks much on so many levels. I knew the stats but I still really thought we would be walking out of the doctor's office with cute little US pictures. But, I have to say, as far as process and recovery goes, I'm so thankful it is going as smoothly as it appears to be. Just did what I hope is my last blood draw today. 

ETA: I love the never have I ever GTKY but it also meant that I couldn't love-tit hug everyone. So ...

hug sloth baby sloth

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • So after more EWCM, FF moved ovulation to two days later like I thought. Andddd DH wants to wait one more month since Zika has now been reported in our second travel destination. That means possibly end of October or beginning of November due to my long cycles. I'm pretty upset. I told him I want him to have a SA if he wants to wait since he saw a doc about 6 months ago due to pain in the balls when running. (They had him wear tighty whiteys instead of boxer briefs and checkups were normal. Side note: his job requires him to wear a harness when he gets a call. It chafes enough for him to lose some hair on his legs, so who knows what happens elsewhere.) He agreed, but it's not like he's making any appointments. I also asked him to start taking the vitamins I got him and he hasn't. I'm a little frustrated. Anyway, I have had so much "activity" in my Fallopian tubes area over the last few weeks that I just want a break. I don't know if it was a bunch of follicles growing on both sides or what or if that can even be felt. But it makes me wonder if something else is going on. I would say I'm more uncomfortable and not really in pain. We have a family history of cysts and my sister was just in the hospital on Thursday for one. Maybe I'm going BSC while TTA! 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility