October 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 8/29

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 8/29

• @owlcup 14 boxes of crayons?!?  That's insane.
  • F47F47 member
    My BF is that this is my first opportunity to Bump today. Silly work getting in the way of me goofing off. The nerve!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Things are starting to slow down at work. Been here since 1:30 and haven't had a single client. At least I only have 10 more days after today.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• F47F47 member
    @TurtleMomma Whoa...that is impressive and terrifying.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not to get into it because I KNOW every teacher/school is different but I have never seen the abuse of school supplies with the teachers I work with. We only had 5 kids in our class last year (learning support so not a huge class) and oh my god the amount of things that the teacher and I bought was crazy. We started the year with a normal supply and the way these kids would causally use up/break/lose things killed us. We supplied the binders, notebooks, folders, glue sticks, white boards and markers, etc and even though it's middle school, our kids stayed in our room and still managed to go through everything. By the end of the year we were scraping by with the bare minimum. so this year I know she (the teacher) is asking the parents to supply things. Even as an aide (I make no money) I was spending out of my own pocket... 

That being said- I think it's not fair to have parents buy one thing for everyone in the class. 14 boxes of crayons? Nope. I think one or two per kid for their own use. We (speaking for teacher and I) knew that some of the kids weren't able to afford some things and that's when it would come from our 'stash' but never would I expect one parent to buy for a kid that wasn't theirs. 
  • @MorganL925 I watched Stranger Things a couple of months ago and then watched The Fall with Gillian Anderson so I was in a sci-fi/GA mood and X-Files was the obvious choice. I don't know what to do with my life now. 

@bamacoop That dream is awesome! Except Mulder isn't allowed to make out with anyone but Scully! I forbid it. Seriously though, when I started on season 1, I kept thinking "He is so goofy and lanky looking, totally not hot" and as the show progressed, I decided he could definitely get it. I do like older men though so I guess it makes sense that I became more attracted to him as he aged. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @ibabyloveb87 I'm sorry this is happening.... so frustrating when you feel like you're stuck and work isn't been flexible at all. FX you find the perfect person before you return to work!!!

@TurtleMomma ... that sucks. Feeling like that is never fun. If you feel like it's affecting your day to day life, are meds something you'd consider? (of course, assuming you've tried other tactics to pull you out of it and they haven't worked) I just started back up on my Prozac because I just wasn't myself anymore and it was affecting me too much, so you definitely wouldn't be alone if you decided to go that route. Plus, you've got a lot going on. No one can blame you for feeling down about it. hugs...

My MBF- My washer just broke... mid way through a load of laundry. FML... FX that DH can fix it!! And thank goodness for amazing neighbors. I haven't talked to her about it yet, but I know my neighbor (who is also my very close friend) won't mind if I finish that load at her house later today.

• @ignoscemihi It's been very difficult for me to kee my mouth shut in response to all the Kap posts on FB. Heaven forbid someone take a stand because their fed up with injustices happening in their country.

BF part 2 for me: I finally got a client at work. I didn't know how, because I wasn't next in line, so I went and asked the receptionist. Apparently one of the girls here has decided she will not longer take black women because they don't tip her good enough. Um.... excuse me?? You're going to let someone refuse a service because of the client's skin color?! I'm not that sad that I won't be back after baby anymore.....

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @ignoscemihi    I feel similarly. I don't agree with Kapernick's method of protest but I think you can disagree with the way he went about it without mocking the principle of what he was trying to do, or the premise of standing up to racism. 
  • @maf9866 - I know the teachers are probably buying stuff too, but our class sizes are around 20 kids. That's like 300 boxes of crayons. She needs 8 8 count boxes and 4 24 count boxes.

It mostly annoys me because I compared her list to my sisters (they both have kids entering K too - different schools - and my daughters list is doubled what they need (tripled with some things, like the freaking crayons.)

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to wake up early after a packed weekend of early rising, and drive 2 hours to and from where my husband was getting his truck worked on. He said he couldn't find a better deal closer but ughhh.. I hate driving. And then at work the middle school kids were so awful. One of the students who isn't special needs, just has anger issues, kicked another student and then grabbed him by the neck and was about to punch him in the face .  And the victim student is mentally disabled with the capacity of a toddler, extremely kind but was trying to get the angry kids attention to talk to him. It happened so fast but I jumped into action separating the two and getting the angry kid away, and then I thought about him turning his aggression on me and how I would really have to get physical with this kid to stop him from harming the baby. I texted my supervisor about writing an incident report but have not heard anything back, & I received a letter in the mail about my maternity leave but they messed up the dates. Now I have to sort that out so I can stay with the baby until after the new year. 
    School Districts need more organization ! I swear. 
  • I have just over 4 hours left of my Monday and here I was thinking I've been lucky not really having anything to bitch about, but here to offer my support.  Then enter my 14 year old senile cat.  Since moving the litter boxes, I have been very good at making sure I scoop the box every day, sometimes even twice, because as much as my 2 young cats don't care, my 14 year old doesn't like a dirty box.  The box hadn't been scooped out yet tonight, but it wasn't too bad, and sure enough I look up and there is pee streaming down the floor (my rented house sinks in the middle).  I had to get on my hands and knees to clean it up, then wipe it with Lysol wipes to prevent it from smelling.  This is only one of her many issues, but she still has spark and feistiness to her, so it doesn't feel right putting her down.  Not sure how I'm going to be able to deal with her once the baby comes.  My dad, an animal lover, has tried to have the talk with me about it being time, and it seems like my family agrees, including my husband, so any care that she needs is my responsibility.  *sigh*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bnsmith85

I am on meds and talk regularly with my psychiatric provider, actually. I noticed this when I was pregnant with DS, too. I honestly just think it's because my metabolism is shifting, causing me to "burn through" my meds faster. With DS, I ended up splitting the dose in half (AM/PM) and it worked reasonably. I think this is just my body telling me to switch it up. But yeah, a lot of it is "justifiable" depression because of all the fun stuff in my personal life. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @TurtleMomma... Well, you're doing all you can at this point. Lots of hugs  <3
  • @TurtleMomma I hope you start feeling better soon and all of this stress eases up for you <3