October 2016 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 8-25-16

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings?

GTKY: What is an experience you've had in your life pre-parenthood (which may be further back for some of us than others) that made you think "hey, I could really be a mom"?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8-25-16

• @littlewillie2016 I have similar feelings and have been concerned about this since high school. In the last 10 years I've spoken to A LOT of people about this and I think having such a solid idea about what NOT to do can be almost as valuable as knowing exactly what TO do. The fact that you are even worried about it is a major indication that you will be the one to break the cycle! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along? 31 weeks

What size is baby? 
    coconut, about 3.5 pounds

Upcoming appointments? 
    Regular appointment and NST next Tuesday, growth scan next Thursday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm just so happy to have made it this far! 

Feeling large, have to pee all the time. Craving all the sweets that I can't have!

GTKY: What is an experience you've had in your life pre-parenthood (which may be further back for some of us than others) that made you think "hey, I could really be a mom"? 
    I've always wanted to be a mom. I have 2 younger sisters and I'm the oldest of all my cousins, so I've had a lot of experience with little ones. I started babysitting when I was 12. So I guess there's always been a part of me that knew I could do it.

DD is 4 and I will admit that I was not prepared for her sass or independence! We're both very strong willed so we butt heads a lot! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• How far along? 33 weeks

What size is baby? 
    a ferret... that can't be right. Twice as big as my guinea pig, really.

Upcoming appointments? 
    I have another dietitian appointment next week but Sep 7 is the big day I get my growth ultrasound which will not only be a chance to look at the baby but may influence how the rest of the pregnancy is treated.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I felt so ill yesterday I didn't think I'd make it to my obligations today and thought I might not even be functional Monday when classes start. However... wow I feel better today! However, I would like to rant about the can of soup that fell on my knee at the store today. Like it wasn't already hard enough with the extra weight!

I've been super hot and sweating last night and today. I don't know if it's my mystery illness or just pregnancy hot flashes. Also I really want lots of things I'm not allowed because of Gestational Diabetes. I was doing pretty good with my diet at first but at this point I'm totally over it.

I'm so sorry - I didn't mean to traumatize anyone with this question! I was just thinking about it. When our guinea pigs have been sick and I have had to hand-feed them multiple times a day and I think about how I'd really rather NOT have to spend so much time and what else I'd rather be doing, but then I look at their sweet little faces and know that I'll still do anything I need to do to take care of them... then I think I could actually make it at parenting. 

• How far along? 31 weeks

What size is baby? asparagus

Upcoming appointments? next week i have my first appointment with the midwife at the birth center i switched to- excited for the change.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Appetite is still huge and the summer heat has really affected my back- when the temp goes up Im really achy. Otherwise, as long as I stay active and the temps stay out of the 90s, Im feeling pretty good

Symptoms/Aversions/Cravings? Loving cereal before bed- helps me not need to eat in the middle of the night (crazy appetite I tell you)

GTKY: What is an experience you've had in your life pre-parenthood (which may be further back for some of us than others) that made you think "hey, I could really be a mom"? Im a pediatric physical therapist and seeing what some moms have to take on with their children with special needs, Ive had some of the best teachers around really witnessing true love and dedication. Having 6 years of observation under my belt before I went down the motherhood path, I just thought, if they can do it, juggling all they do, what's my excuse?
    DS 5/10/13
    New Bundle of Joy- EDD 10/27/16
  • @maysmiles we have the same EDD :)
  • I'm late to the party this week D:

How far along?
    32 weeks

What size is baby?
    the size of a naked tailed armadillo.

Upcoming appointments?
    Just fundal height is a week.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I found Kinzley her pediatrician this morning and I could not be more excited!

I really really want pumpkin flavored items and tea and coffee and soup!

I don't think I ever had this moment. I've always wanted to work with children and I have always enjoyed taking care of children but I don't think I ever had a moment where I thought Hey I could really be a mom or be good at it. I have a lot of anxiety and self doubt about parenting because of my childhood (which also drove me to want to help and work with children) but I am always being reassured by people that I'll be a great mom and people often call me the mom of the group but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it because of my anxieties but I'm working on it! I also feel the need to add I am super excited to be a FTM and I already have so much love for my little Kinz but I'm there's always that feeling of fear when I think about parenting.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016