June 2016 Moms

Gerber gentle = bad gas

so we have been on gender gentle since baby was 1 week old. She has awful gas. We tried gas drops and gripe water. Only very temporary relief. We got tummy calm and she is fine gas gone but then a few days later she started pooping more often like she has the runs and sometimes blood in stool. This also was around the time of her two month shots.  I'm wondering if anyone else had gas problems on Gerber Gentle and if switching to Gerber soothe world help.  Doctor said it was up to us to try.  But if soothe would help we could quit the tummy calm that might be causing her to poop more. I'm just lost and want her to feel better #feellikeworstmom

Re: Gerber gentle = bad gas

• We are on our 4th kind of formula trying to find one that works better. All my LOs have been big spitter uppers and had gassy times. It's just about finding what works for your LO. Don't feel bad it happens to lots of us. The soy formula my LO is on right now makes her only poop every other day and it takes her like 15 mins because she's already a slow pooper, likes to take breaks, and she's just got a good amount to get out. 
  • Thanks!  I hope you find what works for your LO!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • We had trouble with the same formula.  He is now on alimentum for his acid reflux but the gerber sooth helped hugely for his gas when he was on it for a little while! It's not a huge price difference and was a pretty easy transition from the gentle to the sooth since there in the same "family"
  • We just switched to the Gerber Soy and she is doing so much better. I hope it continues!!