Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Discrepancy btwn OPK and BBTs

I hope this is the correct thread! I’m new to charting and using OPKs and hoping some of you more experienced ladies can help me. I’ve had regular cycles since getting off the pill 9 months ago up until June. I missed AF in June but she showed up right on time in July.  I started using CB digital tests on CD10 in July. I got four days of the open circle (low fertility), followed by 18 days of the flashing smiley. I assumed I was having an anovulatory cycle but kept at it just in case I was ovulating late.

To my surprise, I got a solid smiley on CD28 just before AF was supposed to come.  However, FF shows I didn’t ovulate until CD34 based on my BBTs. My temps have been all over the place though so I’m not sure how reliable they are. Have any of you had discrepancies between OPKs and BBTs? Which one should I go by?

Also, I’ve continued using the CB digital tests after I got my peak. I had a few days of low fertility after the peak but it went back to the flashing smiley, which I’m still getting. I asked my gyn if she could do a blood test to confirm ovulation but she said it’s not reliable without knowing my baseline progesterone levels. I’m wondering if perhaps my body geared up to ovulate but never actually did – is that common for long/irregular cycles?

Re: Discrepancy btwn OPK and BBTs