Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbies Intro HERE! Week of 8/22

Welcome to the community! 

Some great tips for benefiting from this wonderful community:
- Read izza2's TTGP Guide (we're working on getting it pinned at the top of this board in place of the one that's pinned). It is full of really helpful TTC advice and knowledge.
- Participate! Join the WTO (Waiting to Ovulate) and TWW (Two Week Wait) threads. This is a great place to let everyone know where you are at in your cycle, rant and/or rave about anything (TTC-related or not), and have any questions answered.

Please introduce yourselves. Share as much or as little as you are comfortable with.

Ages (you and SO):

How many months have you been TTC?

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)
Me: 30  DH: 31
Married 2010
TTC since Nov. 2015
BFP#1: 2/8/16
MC: 3/19/16  :'(
BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
my chart

Re: Newbies Intro HERE! Week of 8/22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome ladies!
  • Options
    @Jenshoes Hang in there! That's tough to have family members getting pregnant so easily. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    mrsegan13  Thank you! I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thinking so I'm think about fertile wombs this month! 
  • Options
    Good plan @Jenshoes...and likewise, I hope I can think an OPK positive...at this point, I'd give anything just to know I'm actually going to ovulate this cycle. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    Welcome everyone!

@mrsegan13 I would recommend not stopping OPKs unless you are temping.  I came off birth control last year after being on it for almost 8 years. The first few months after stopping it, I had great fertile signs that made me always excited; however, with temping and OPKs, I knew that I wasn't ovulating. I know it can be a little stressful at times, but I would rather know that I wasn't ovulating than get my hopes too high every month that my period wasn't there. Good luck!
  • Options
    So, I'm definitely not new. But I never introduced myself or participated in WTO/TWW boards as we weren't TTC yet. As of last night, we are *officially* TTC. I've been waiting SO INCREDIBLY LONG and I'm so glad not to be waiting anymore, even if it doesn't happen right away!

Ages (you and SO): I'm 29, H is 34

How many months have you been TTC? 1! Mirena out last fall but actively TTA since then so that I can finish grad school.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? For now, just good nutrition (sometimes...), PNV, checking CM, and BD. May consider temping eventually, but my schedule is crazy erratic.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm a nurse in school to be a nurse practitioner. H works in safety management and basically other things I dont understand. We have the best lab/pit mix dog who is my first love. Hobbies have kind of gone by the wayside with grad school, but my goal is to take a photography class if I don't have an infant when I graduate! For now, we spend free time hanging with friends, watching movies, and I love to read. 
  • Options
    Welcome everyone!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'll be 25 in a week. My husband is 24.
    We're on month 2 of ttc.
    We've both started getting back to the dentist. I've started trying to eat better and take vitamins. You know the rest.
    I'll be graduating college in November then getting ready for grad school. I have a cat named Elsa.
  • Options
    @mokay19, that's a good point. Do you remember how long it took you to ovulate after stopping the pill? 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • Options
    mrsegan13 said:
    @mokay19, that's a good point. Do you remember how long it took you to ovulate after stopping the pill? 
    Ha!  Sorry I'm a speshul snowflake and never ovulated.  I was able to see an RE after 9 months of no ovulation since I had my charts, lack of pregnancy, and lack of period to prove that I needed medical intervention.  That's why I recommend to continue tracking.... just in case you find yourself in a situation like mine.  Also, you were on the pill for quite some time so it may take a few months for your body to figure things out.  
    Did you still have periods while on the pill?
  • Options
    Hello all! Just recently started lurking on this board. I'm currently on the TWW and figured now would be a good time to introduce myself. My name is Nicole and I'm 32 yrs old. I live in Ohio with my husband, Terry(39), my stepdaughter(14), and our 2 boys (6 & 4). We have been TTC for 8 months now, almost 9. We suffered an early miscarriage in 2/16. I took a break from temping but started back up this August and so far it is working well. We are extremely busy this year as I work full time, our daughter just started high school, our oldest son is now in 1st grade and both of them play sports. We are doing a home preschool program for our youngest. I'm trying not to think about getting pregnant because it has stressed me out in the past since we were able to get pregnant so easily before. But I'm hopeful that it will happen soon. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015