Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Birth Story?

For those of you who have been through labor and delivery, did you write a birth story? My angel was born on June 24th and I've been going to a support group. The facilitator encouraged me to write a birth story so that I would never forget any of the details. I just wrote it tonight and it was super painful, but somewhat therapeutic to write it all down. I'm so glad I did it because I never want to forget little details. I left out some of the more painful memories but I included the important information.
If you have not done this, I encourage you to do so when you're ready. I'm glad that I'll have this to keep with his other little mementos.  

Emily   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Birth Story?

• That's a good idea. I've thought about capturing the memory but I got really sick and don't remember a lot of her birth or the days after. It's so strange when something triggers a memory I didn't even know I had about that time. Like I didn't know my brother in law (who is also our pastor) was there until I saw a picture, but now I vaguely do remember a moment of him at my bedside which I had thought was days later but was actually just after she was born. I've wondered if writing it down would jog my memory or just be really brief! I remember holding her with my husband. That's the most important thing.