Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Blood loss/ER visit

JessyKVJessyKV member
edited August 2016 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hi ladies. Seems like I will be joining you here.  This is total tmi but I'm waiting for my doctor to call back so I though I would ask you ladies.  

I started cramping and miscarrying today.  I am 9 weeks but pretty sure it was BO based on my last Ultraound And betas I got back today.  I hadn't posted anything about it since we were still hopeful.  I started bleeding heavily a few hours ago and now I'm passing fist sized clots and filling pads every 10 minutes.  Does that sound like too much or did you ladies experience the same? I am also O negative so I'm wondering if I need a rhogam shot.  Hoping my doc calls back soon.  Really hoping to avoid the ER through all this.  If anything else just take this as me being totally shocked and needing to vent.  Thank you. 

Re: Blood loss/ER visit

• misha0130misha0130 member
    edited August 2016
    I might be too late but my doctor told me to go to the ER if I was filling a pad and hour for over 2 hrs. I did have to go to the ER for IV fluids since I got a little dizzy and faint feeling. If you haven't heard anything yet and still bleeding that heavy I would go. Better to be safe

Edit:autocorrrect fail
  • As PPs said, go to ER! Also yes you will need a rhogram shot anytime you are a negative bloodtype with mc.  They should give that to you at the ER or if you don't go make sure your doc gives you one. It's very important BC it can negatively affect future pregnancy if you do not get it.
    So sorry for your loss.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Loading the player...
  • I would go to the Er. I hope that everything is okay. 
  • Thanks ladies.  Things got worse quickly and I threw up and passed out so we called an ambulance and was rushed to the ER.  My blood pressure was too low and kept dropping.  They ended up doing a D&C.  I was really close to needing a blood transfusion but thankfully did not. All the nurses and doctors were so amazing.  We got released at 3am and I got so much fluid I'm swollen and can barely see.  I'm still kind of in shock that everything got bad so quickly.  Thanks for your support. 
  • My goodness I'm so sorry you went thru that, so scary. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you. 
  • I am glad you are doing better. That sounds really scary
  • How scary. Hope you are doing nothing better!
    best wishes 
  • Glad you are doing better.