April 2017 Moms

UO Thursday

What unpopular opinions do you want to get off your chest today?

(Non-pregnancy/baby opinions welcome)

BabyFruit Ticker
Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

Re: UO Thursday

• I was never going to vote for Donald Trump. That part probably isn't an unspoken opinion to many. But then he talked about making all childcare costs deductible and I thought, is he really THAT bad?

Because why not start a political debate on a Thursday morning  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2016
    @KirstinH88 one of my exes dated Katy Perry before me so I irrationally hate her, and always will.  It doesn't help that I'm a big Taylor Swift fan, which I guess is my unpopular opinion.  I think she's been a genius about marketing herself and maintaining her image since she was 14, and also is very sweet and generous with her fans, charitable with her money, and writes some good bops.
  • I hate the olympics. I think they do more harm than good. I don't hate on people who like the olympics, though. I get it, I really do. It's fun to watch the showmanship and the athleticism. But I count down until they're over every two years.
  • I hate the olympics. I think they do more harm than good. I don't hate on people who like the olympics, though. I get it, I really do. It's fun to watch the showmanship and the athleticism. But I count down until they're over every two years.
    I love the Olympics, but I agree that they can be really harmful for the communities. The NY times did a recent article on Brazil that made me feel ALL the liberal guilt: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/sports/olympics/rio-favelas-brazil-poor-price-too-high.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate spongebob squarepants
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @thejerilu I stuck to women there just because that was the focus of the post.  If I typed out all the types of people Trump has sh*t on, I'd be typing for days.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @JaneArson Bahaha this would be necessary:
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Thank you for posting this - I am off sick today and completely forgot. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO... I've never understood the appeal of Disney World and some people's life long obsession with it. Willing to be convinced otherwise!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @housewifehobbyist I also love Taylor Swift!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • My UO is that I don't love Hillary. But I sure as shit am voting for her and have no patience for people voting third party in this election.
    Seriously. You only have to look to Maine to see what happens when a third party candidate runs and splits the vote. You get stuck with an asshat like Paul LePage for governor, winning with only 38% of the vote.
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • My UO is people voting for Hillary because they don't want to vote for Trump.  There's another option.  #FeelTheJohnson
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • My UO for today is that I hate that schools don't allow homemade food to be shared anymore. This shouldn't affect me because my kid isnt even 2, but I was really looking forward to baking for birthdays. Also, my husband's district decided to crack down this year so all the ideas I had for the band banquet at the end of the year are now trashed. I made awesome decorated cupcakes last year. I know allergies and obesity and blah blah blah....but I'm so bummed. I was looking forward to this because I have to miss the band trip for being hugely pregnant.
  • My UO is what is considered healthy and what is offered in schools. Sorry but skim milk and canned fruit is not healthy for kids. Or anyone for that matter.

• @JaneArson I get what you're saying, but I'd rather vote for someone that stands for my beliefs than vote for someone I don't agree with for the sake of saying I didn't vote for Trump.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @leslieknope, where's the applause emoji?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @leslieknope that was seriously educational.
  • My UO is that I dislike cutsie announcements for things like pregnancy, marriage, babies, engagement, etc.  I don't hate on others who do it, but it is not for me.  When people ask how I will tell people, I say that I will tell them, "I'm pregnant."  Simple words are awesome.  Creativity is fun in other aspects of my life.  I feel this is akin to the Disney World haters.  I like Disney World, but I get that it's overdone.  This is how I feel about cutsie life announcements.  I don't judge those who are all about that sort of thing.  I just don't feel genuine doing it.

Also, I will laugh when all you Disney haters have children who dream of going and you take them.  Because kids make you set aside your opinions like that!  You'll probably frame the pics of you and Mickey.  You might even wear the mouse ears!  See you there! :p
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• @leslieknope there are no words to express my love for your response. Totally creepy Internet crush going on here.  <3<3  
  • And here I thought my Olympic opinion would be the most discussed thing I posted today. :) 
  • @Breesy14 I was one of the Disney World haters and I stand by that, but I'm sure I'll end up going and doing everything you said. DH loves Disney too much for us not to!  Guess I'll have to swallow my pride ;)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am not a Disney diehard, but when I was about 12 we went on a Disney cruise and I am waiting on pins and needles until my kids are old enough to appreciate it (about a decade away, given this one in my belly). It was maybe the best vacation I've ever taken. 
  • My UO - I keep rolling my eyes everytime I read posts about people getting all butthurt when others have made comments about not posting certain types of posts.  I know everyone hashed this out earlier this week but it's just going to drive me nuts if I keep hearing my old BMB used to be [fill in the blank...].  Mine did too - but things changed, now it's different, can't we just move on?

Other UO - I can't stand people who just sniffle instead of going and blowing their nose.  The girl that sits just outside my office is sniffling easily every 2 secs - like just go blow your nose!!

Pregnancy has made me too ragey I think - haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nwshaynwshay member
    edited August 2016
    @m&amp;max that absolutely drives me insane!  I just stare at DH until he goes to blow good nose. My boss is awful too! It's so gross!
  • ladameperdueladameperdue member
    edited August 2016
    @Breesy14 I bet we'll end up going one day too, as we have a lot of family in Florida. My memory of it as a kid was that the only good thing was ebcot (spelling?) center. Not sure if it still exists, but it was supposed to be this tiny recreation of all the countries in the world, majorly stereotyped, of course. As a 7yo who had never been taken anywhere other than to visit family, but who believed in magic and dreamed of travel, this. was. amazing. I really thought they were little portals to the rest of the world. I remember going up to one of the girls working in the shop attached to "China" and asking, "Please, tell me about China. What it is like there? How do you get back at night?" She was like, "um. I'm from Orlando."
    Dreams crushed. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leslieknope so the Disney cruises are all they are cracked up to be? We did a carnival cruise w my older two and my husband and kids ended up in the south beach ER w noravirus, then when I was pregnant w #4 we went to Disneyworld and there were ridiculous, crazy thunderstorms and we left after one day. Wondering if we'd have better luck with a Disney cruise! 
  • The Disney cruise was aahhhmazing. Pure magic. I've done a princess cruise too and it was nice, but Disney is 100%. @Dannylion24
  • @leslieknope you explained it better than any textbook I've read! Thank you!

@Dannylion24 As someone who has sailed Disney 9x, I may be biased but it's worth every penny! Cruises overall are my favorite vacation because everything is paid for upfront and you don't have to stress about budget while enjoying your trip and Disney takes it to a whole different level. We are hoping to take DD on one in the next few months for our first (and only!) vacation as a family of three!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker