March 2017 Moms

What is the sex of your baby(ies)?

Re: What is the sex of your baby(ies)?

• We are team green this time around. We found out at an elective 15 week 3D u/s last pregnancy that we were having a girl. We decided to wait this time to add a little more excitement to the delivery room since I am having a repeat c/s. DH and I also want to avoid getting insensitive gender comments this time around "are you going to try again for a boy?" "Better buy a shot gun now!"

Wished we would have waited last time. Not going to lie, it's probably going to be hard waiting but I've been told it's so worth the wait. 
  • Going in for cfDNA bw on Wednesday. The 8-10 day wait is going to be occupied with the decision of finding out the sex along with the results or waiting for a surprise
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyjay2 I go in Tuesday for my blood draw for the panorama test. Good luck to you! I've been getting a bit stressed thinking about it, but hopefully the wait will go by quickly. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Voted Team Green because I am definitely Team Green. Not sure if I'll be able to convince my H though, he still wants to know. So my Team Green status may actually depend on his ability to keep a secret. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Question - people who voted Team Green, are you saying that because you don't know yet or because you truly are Team Green?? Just curious because if so that's a crap load of Team Green!! Pretty cool :)
    We will be waiting to find out this time.
  • I am actually team green. 

:) 

• Boys and girls are tied! Who is going to be the tie breaker?!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • We aren't team green so I probably won't get to vote until our October 5th appointment! Seems so far away, but we aren't planning on doing any genetic screening/testing and I don't think we will be able to see anything clearly at our 15week ultrasound on September 7th. 

But it is fun to see everyone else posting gender updates! It's also nice to hear all of the team green stories, everyone has a different reason. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am hoping to be Team Green!! My Hubby wants to know, but he's already got 2 kids from his first marriage and this will be my first and likely only baby (I'm 40!) so I want to be old fashioned and be surprised at birth. We'll see :)
  • yay on all low risk @anonellis !!  Congratulations on the (at least) one boy!!!!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Congrats, @anonellis! I'm so happy for you!
    Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • C25C25 member
    We went to my second appt today! I am due only a couple days into the month and it's too early to tell on US(doc said he doesn't see much between the legs so could be a girl! My boys we could see more 'there' at 13 weeks) ..does everyone that knows already know from blood tests? I can see that the answer is yes to most of you. Just wondering if anyone has found out by US yet? 
  • @C25 all of the people that have found out thus far has been from testing, not US quite yet! 
  • @jenny0228 that's interesting! I didn't know that was something that could be determined through ivf. Congrats!
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandalily thanks!!  I did the PGS genetic testing with IVF so while they are testing the embryos to screen for chromosomal abnormalities they also can determine the gender. It's pretty wild since it's only 5 days past fertilization at that point. 
  • I can't believe boys and girls are tied! And we have a vote for boy/girl twins!!! That is so incredibly exciting!! I am so jealous of everyone getting to find out already! I don't think we will know until OCT/NOV. So far away

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• I know I said Team Green but DH and I decided to find out. We have a 3D gender scan scheduled on Sept. 23rd. We want to know for ourselves and we are not telling anyone what the gender is until the birth. 

*i think it's safe to share with you ladies so I will keep you updated. 
  • loveyoga7 said:
    I know I said Team Green but DH and I decided to find out. We have a 3D gender scan scheduled on Sept. 23rd. We want to know for ourselves and we are not telling anyone what the gender is until the birth. 

@loveyoga7 How far along will you be for the 3D ultrasound? I've been thinking about doing that too rather than waiting until the anatomy scan.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • @Sazzical DH and I were sure that DD2 was a boy and finding out that she is a girl was weird. People made me feel so guilty for having mixed emotions but I now know that I wanted another girl, and I was elated that she was healthy but I felt the loss of the boy I had envisioned. With that being said, I am really sorry that you are processing that mental shift but I extend my congratulations on a healthy boy! 
  • @ Sazzical I'm in the same boat, was convinced it was a girl
  • loveyoga7 said:
    I know I said Team Green but DH and I decided to find out. We have a 3D gender scan scheduled on Sept. 23rd. We want to know for ourselves and we are not telling anyone what the gender is until the birth. 

@loveyoga7 How far along will you be for the 3D ultrasound? I've been thinking about doing that too rather than waiting until the anatomy scan.
    @lindsey61811 I will be 15 weeks on 9/23. That is the earliest that they can do the gender scan at the 3D place I scheduled. I used the same place for my first pregnancy and they were 100% correct. They said I am having a girl at 15 weeks last time and I did end up having a happy, healthy baby girl. 
  • fyi the blood test I took at the doc's is Verfifi by Progentity. its tells u if u are a carrier for down syndrome and stuff and also tells u the gender.

for us. unless they are girls I don't think the test is 100%! but we shall see.

Technically we have the envelope already, but DH doesn't want to open it bc it could not be a 100% accurate.

SaveSave
  • verifi by progenity, sorry cant' type.

SaveSave
  • Does anyone know if the early test for gender is something that insurance will cover?
  • Does anyone know if the early test for gender is something that insurance will cover?
    mine said it will, or till just be 20 bucks if they don't.

SaveSave
  • @Mrs.Philipp my insurance said it is covered if it is done at my doctor's office, but not if I had to go to a lab or hospital. My sister's doc had to send her to a lab, so she would have had to pay like $3000. 
    Which test? My insurance might cover the panorama blood screen, but charge me for just the gender portion of it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I kinda looked into about 5 different companies. Most all of them were able to work out a negotiated price of somewhere from 120-300 if you don't have them bill insurance or if it's not covered. Seems like it'll just come down to which one is convenient for your doctor or which kit they carry, although the companies can usually send your doctor kits to send out too. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had an appointment yesterday, at 10+6, and we FINALLY got to hear the heartbeat! They also told me about the genetic testing with the gender reveal, and I couldn't wait to do it! I went to the lab and got my blood drawn, so I should know within the next two weeks! 
  • @mrsyimster That's the one my doctor does, when I called their financial line to see how much it would cost if my insurance didn't cover it this dude said $600... which seems ridiculous because the pamphlet given to me by my doctor said I wouldn't pay more than $200. But I hate talking on the phone so I haven't even tried calling back. :(
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @mrsyimster That's the one my doctor does, when I called their financial line to see how much it would cost if my insurance didn't cover it this dude said $600... which seems ridiculous because the pamphlet given to me by my doctor said I wouldn't pay more than $200. But I hate talking on the phone so I haven't even tried calling back. :(
    Ah I hope I don't get a after sticker shock. But we wanted to do the test for other reasons to check genes and stuff. 

SaveSave