Trying to Get Pregnant

Emergency Preparedness!

My husband and I just watched Blackout on Netflix and it got me thinking about emergency situations. For those who haven't seen the movie its about when England lost their power for a week and everyone was just trying to survive. Do you think you are prepared enough to evacuate at a moments notice? I used to feel prepared but don't anymore. I'd love to hear what you all think!!

Re: Emergency Preparedness!

• Loading the player...
  • One day I hope to have a gif game as superb as yours, @tripledaggerWed95976
  • I think this was supposed to be a GTKY type thing...
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• @MollyandD Hopefully you have time to slip them the resume before they kill and eat you. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @berg During Hurricane Andrew back in the early 90s, my family went for weeks without power/water/access to roadways (and missing half of a roof no less). I was little at the time but it was miserable, so when Hurricane Wilma hit us in 2005 and we lost power/water again, we were pretty distraught that we could be in for another week or two of hell. Fortunately a little Mexican restaurant by our house had a generator and we literally spent so much of our days there, along with the rest of the neighborhood. Your Atlanta Bread story made me think of that. Survival skills be damned, I'd much rather take the hot meal/air conditioning (or in your case, heat) any day.

• In this mass evacuation scenario, is there still an accessible coffee shop?  If not... count me among the dead
  • My husband has lots of stocked supplies in our basement. Maybe we need a generator too?
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited August 2017
    I have accepted that if things are so bad that I need to have done extreme emergency preparedness, I don't want to be alive to deal with the fall out. With that said, I have 3 apple juice boxes, 2 granolas bars, a blanket and a candle with matches in my car. Food is mostly for my low blood sugar and the candle/blankets are because my mom thought it was randomly a good idea if I got caught in a snow storm (thanks Oprah). I guess I will see how long I last...