Pregnant after IF

***3rd Trimester Check-In*** Week of August 15th

PiperellaPiperella member
edited August 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: How is your nursery shaping up?  Any good tips you want to share on organizing all the baby things that are entering your home?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@katie121209 : EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
@emsmama15 : EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy
@chrissym126 : EDD 09/8/16 team green
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@kennelchick: EDD 10/18/16 with a little girl
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-In*** Week of August 15th

• PiperellaPiperella member
    edited August 2016
    I wanted to thank @katie121209 for keeping up the 3rd tri check-in as long as she did!  I'll try to do it for at least the next month or so, and then need someone to replace me as well!  

I apologize if i duplicate any recent QOTWs!

I'm now into week 33 and things are going okay.  I've been on bedrest this week and last week due to fourth degree hemorrhoids. They would normally do surgery on them but because I'm so far into the pregnancy, they will not heal completely before week 40.

Little one is kicking a lot and is still breech.  He has 2 and a half weeks to change things up!

QOTW: The nursery is still very much a work in progress and we are still needing a dresser/changing table.  I've started to get other things together though.  I'm trying to organize all the clothes by sizes and have been using cube organizers.  Pinterest has been a life saver.
  • Good luck @katie121209

At 30w 4d all is well for me and my little one besides the little scare she gave me today. Her movements were decreased in a 24hr span so I called my OB she sent me to hospital to be evaluated. Turns out she's very active but my anterior placenta is masking some of her movements. The dr also said it's possible she flipped from her breech position. Huge sigh of relief but my BP was fluctuating so I'm going to be monitored closely and will go back tomorrow. 

QOTW: We are not doing anything fancy or a theme as we will be moving in about 6mos. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Piperella for taking over! I am sorry to hear about the hemmeroids and bed rest :( I hope your pain is being controlled. 

@Jerseygirl856 that is scary about the decreases movement I'm so glad all is ok! I also have the placenta placement where it took a really long time to feel consistent movements. 

So at my 39 week appt Friday my doctor said "the conditions in my vagina are unfavorable for birth." No softening, effacement, dilation, nada. She said it was highly unlikely I would be going into labor by 40 weeks. They scheduled me for an NST and ultrasound on Thursday and discussed a possible induction plan to get baby out by 41 weeks. I am so ready to be done!! I'm such a planner and not knowing when she will be here is hard! 

• Crazy week for everyone so far huh?! Glad to hear everyone is doing well despite their scares/issues. I had my appointment yesterday with maternal/fetal medicine and they said my little guy is measuring a little on the small side for 30 weeks 5 days (weight was 3 pounds) so they want me to go every 2 weeks to make sure the growth doesn't drop off. Everything else they checked with the placenta and blood flow to and from cord was excellent, so they said he might just be small, since neither myself nor my husband are big people. They also did an NST test which came back good as well. I feel a little better, but now I'm freaked out its something I'm doing wrong, even though the doctor assured me that's not the case....ughhhh the next 9 weeks are going to be torture!!!! 
  • @katie121209, fingers crossed that your lovable tenant gets evicted SOON and you get to meet her. I love that the information was phrased like a weather report. We wouldn't be here without medical science, and now medical science is going to get you there faster! 

@laur2444 and @jerseygirl856, hang in there! I'm thinking good thoughts.

Our nursery is all set up and we're getting something like 240+ diapers today, thanks to Amazon Prime. Although we have everything set up on the baby's dresser in an organizer, I'm trying not to get too attached to having a perfectly tidy home once the baby is here, so I am not even bothering to look at pinterest. My next doctor's appointment is Friday, I can't believe I'm up to going once a week! I had a dental cleaning yesterday and my dentist said I have pregnancy gingivitis, bummer. But the funniest was that the baby was kicking so much during the cleaning, I guess the drill woke him or her up. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @katie121209 sounds like your little one is loving her temporary living space. Hopefully things change and she prepares to make her entrance. 
    @laur2444 sorry to hear about your little ones measurement but happy to hear that everything else was good. Hopefully his growth will pick up over the next few weeks. 
    @chrissym126 pregnancy gingivitis? I've never heard of that. Amazing all the things we go through when creating these precious lives. 

• @jerseygirl856, hormonal changes never stop it with the fun surprises! If you brush and floss regularly and/or don't notice any swollen gums or bleeding, you should be fine. I've been so lucky in almost everything else in this pregnancy that I was due for something, I guess.
  • Hi everyone! I went camping last week and was without cell phone service for 7 days. It was beautiful! 

31 weeks today and went to see my OB. My BP was elevated enough that they sent me to the maternity floor for fetal and bp monitoring until my bloodwork came back. Long story short, bloodwork urine and nonstress test were all fine and my bp came down a bit. They increased my bp meds to 3x a day and I get to go back on Friday for a growth ultrasound and BP check. I really don't want to end up with pre-eclampsia or delivering early. Baby Snowflake is already on the small side, 8th percentile, she needs all the time in there she can get!

As for the nursery, still waiting on the electrician who spoke with hubbs this morning to say get can't come for another 2 weeks. I only have 9 weeks left and I would really like the nursery finished before. I know it's not the end of the world I'd it isn't, but I also know that hubbs won't be working on it much with a newborn around. Right now I'm blaming the electrician for my high blood pressure.