Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

The world seems really unfair right now

I know we are all feeling this. Never dreamt of being here. I never thought I would be able to get pregnant again. My baby is gone and I don't know what I did wrong. Wednesday at the MFM appt baby had a heart rate of 125. I was 7 weeks and 1 day and baby was measuring 6 weeks 5days. Everything was fine. Thursday I woke up feeling like I was going to start my period. 230am Friday morning I started bleeding and by the time I was supposed to get up for work I was passing small clots and not feeling pregnant anymore. Went to the ER last night because cramps and bleeding was worse and was told baby is still there but no heart beat. He kept saying fetal demise and I realize I hate that term. So now I'm home with my bleeding slowing down having to wait til Monday for anything to be done. I feel lost and confused. I'm scared to go through this, I never had a miscarriage before. I'm scared they will have to be more aggressive to make it happen. I'm scared to tell my daughter because she was so excited.  I'm scared to see it when it does pass. I feel like my pregnancy was cursed from the beginning because my ex SO was so unhappy about this pregnancy. He never wanted the baby from the beginning and now my baby is gone. 

Re: The world seems really unfair right now

• I was just in the same boat. Take some Tylenol and ask for stronger stuff if you need it. I'm not going to lie it's hard. Don't talk to your ex about it. Surround yourself with people who love you. Accept help. Take time for yourself. If u work explain to your boss what is happening and take a few days off to mourn. Don't be alone though. I know it probably doesn't help but I didn't see anything pass and I was 8 weeks along but I think my stopped developing around 6 weeks. If the bleeding is slowing down you may have already passed the baby. Ask for a follow up ultrasound next week as well as some strong pain meds. Praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts! 

• @allie92089 thank you. I am at mom's I'm her bed. I will call my boss tomorrow. The ER gave me a script for Norco I think I may try them because Tylenol and ibuprofen is not even touching the cramps. When I was released early this morning baby was still in there. My OB wants me in on Monday for a follow up ultrasound. I'm sorry you went thru this too, this is absolutely terrible. I pray we both bounce back and able to go on to carry to full term healthy babies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Many women try sitting in the shower with the hot water hitting their belly as they pass clots. It is also easier that way to find the gestational sac if that is something you'd like to do. Don't forget about a heating pad. It was also suggested to me to do "downward dog" pose, or stick your butt in the air and lay on your chest to help with comfort during the cramps.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Thank you @Sugargirl1019 I am going to try the hot shower and heating pad. I can't even sleep because of the cramps...at this point I'm willing to try anything. I even filled the pain medication prescription to see if the Norco will help
  • I am sorry for your los
  • I am sorry for your loss. 

I miscarried between 6 and 7 weeks and took RX pain meds. nothing else worked. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017