Infertility
Options

Intro...new to all of this

Hello Ladies...

I've been a lurker here for awhile and am posting now because I'd love some support from women who understand!  My DH and I are both 31 and have been married for 3 years.  We have been TTC for about 1.5 yrs.  Just about 2 weeks ago we saw the RE for the first time.  Since then we've found out that DH's count and morphology are low, my AMH is low (1.1), I have a large uterine fibroid, and HSG showed only one open tube - possibly due to endometriosis.  The plan right now is for me to start lupron in the next two weeks in an attempt to shrink the fibroid over the next 3 months and then try IUI.  We were basically told there is a small chance the IUI will be successful, mainly due to DH's count/morphology, but it's worth a shot!  It seems like everything is against us right now but we have a great RE and we're trying to stay hopeful.  

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Re: Intro...new to all of this

• Options
    Hi, I'm new here too! So sorry you have to go through this...I wouldn't wish this process on my worst enemy. Way to stay positive and keep moving forward!
  • Options
    Hi @hbishop621, welcome to the community!  It sounds like you are getting some answers and a treatment plan which is great!  Good luck to you on this journey.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome @hbishop621!

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but am also glad you are getting answers to what may be causing your IF issues.  It always feels good when a plan is in motion.  Please keep us posted on how things go for you. :)

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    @hbishop621 I am sorry you are struggling to conceive.  I understand since your issues seem similar to mine.  I pray that your iui works.  Good luck!
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Hi and Welcome! I hope your stay here is a short one but please lean on the group as much as you need. 
  • Options

Hi, hbishop! Welcome to the crowd! Couldn't leave your post unanswered as know perfectly well how draining the process is myself. Some time ago we passed DE ivf in Ukraine. I was diagnosed on endo & pcos, dh - absolutely ok. The only problem was in me and that made me cry every other day. Besides my issues brought me constant pains. Finally after all the testing for both done our RE gave us less than 5% verdict of conceiving with own eggs. He suggested looking onto egg donation. You know both factors must be vital for success - embryo quality and environment it is placed into. We had 3 shots. Each time 2 nice healthy 5-day blasts were placed but because of that environment issues we got BFNs twice :'( I thought miracle won't happen to us and I would blame myself every day and wish my dh wouldn't have married me at all. How insane I was! Poor thing is every girl blaming herself.
    Thankfully our nightmare ended with the 3rd shot, which was quite unexpected.  :o I think the moment we almost loose all our hope and are knocked down with the events but still are crawling to the aim God finally blesses us...
    I'm wishing your stay here is short and smooth. Let your dream come true soon, hun.
    Hugs :*

• Options
    @hbishop621 welcome! I'm sorry for what you're going through, but it's great that you like your RE and are making a plan! I know when we starting seeing a doc we liked that made all the difference in how we felt about the process. Hope your stay here is short!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker