Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro/New Loss

I recently had a natural miscarriage this past Sunday at 7 weeks. I started bleeding mid-morning with some small clots, then as the day progressed the bleeding got a bit heavier until I passed some tissue that same evening (which I found out later was the gestational sac). I had an ultrasound this morning, and my doc confirmed no visible sac was present. I also had my blood drawn, and my hcg levels was at 270.  I go back on Friday for another blood draw.  

Prior to my miscarriage, I didn't experience many pregnancy symptoms except for bloating/constipation and being more tired than usual. I figure by 7 weeks I would start feeling nauseous like during my first pregnancy. Even when I first started bleeding on Sunday, I didn't have any major cramping or abdominal pain, the bleeding just came out of no where! I was completely devastated!  It has been a trying and emotional last few days.  :'(

Me: 37 DH: 41
TTC#1 8/2013 
DS born 5/2014 (37 weeks)
TTC#2 since 5/2016
BFP: 7/21/16  MC:8/7/16
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 08/2011
DS born 5/5/2014
TTC#2 since 5/2016
BFP: 7/17/2016 MC: 8/7/2016 @ 7 weeks
BFP: 8/21/2016 MC: 9/19/2016 @ 6 weeks
BFP: 11/8/2016 EDD: 7/20/2017

Re: Intro/New Loss

• I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and let yourself feel all of the emotions because it takes time to heal. Hugs. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I had the exact same thing happen to me except I was 9 wks 1 day. I didn't have any morning sickness since I found out I was pregnant at 5 wks. I was tired and breast were a bit sore. My skin was no longer oily so that was nice! Out of nowhere I started spotting brownish orange which OB said was probably old blood. Then it turned red the next day and they told me as long as it is not bright red, dark red was okay. I starting passing small clots which led to contractions for 15 mins. Which I didn't know were contractions until days later, but my goodness were they terrible and I never want to feel that again! This is my first baby. I went to the bathroom after the pain went away and out came the sac. I knew right away. I felt something big come out. I knew it wasn't a blood clot like the ER said it could be. 

Each day has been getting better since I stopped bleeding (after a week). I am trying to look at it from a planning perspective. It wasn't meant to be this time around and now I have more time to save money and get the nursery ready. And take one more vacation before we start a family. 

I had my 2 week follow up yesterday and he told me to wait 2 cycles to try again. That was upsetting just hearing that I have to wait. I understand why, it just hurts. 

I just keep thinking that a fall baby shower would have been great, I love fall and pumpkins. That is out of the picture now. It would have been bad timing for a huge project at work so I am looking at it as a blessing for work. 
    Since the next time around would put me past February which is my 4 yr anniversary at work, I would qualify for 8 weeks of short term disability paid at 100% through my company. It is FMLA I would need to take for 4 weeks in addition to the 8 weeks that would be unpaid. I can make sure I have a months worth of salary now to cover the unpaid period once it comes. 
    It is things like that, that I am trying to think of so I can feel better about the situation. I am also 5'8  and 198 lbs so I can use the next 2 cycles to get back on the eliptical and get in better shape for this next time around. 
    I am here if you want to talk! 
    Me (34) SO (32) Together 7 yrs
    TTC # 1, Rainbow Baby
    Complete MC @9 wks 1 day

• Loading the player...
  • @irishrose54  Thank you for your kind words! 

DS born 5/5/2014
    TTC#2 since 5/2016
  • @Knottie1462912291   I feel better today! Keeping myself busy at work has been a good distraction so my mind doesn't wander about what if, was there something I could have done differently, etc...

It's great you have plan, focusing on the positives! Me and DH want to start trying again as soon as we get the OK from our doc. But now, just in limbo, doing the blood draws to get my hcg levels down and subsequent follow-up appts.  Trying to stay positive! 

Thanks again for sharing and your support! 

DS born 5/5/2014
    TTC#2 since 5/2016