March 2017 Moms
Options

pregnancy test is lighter..9 weeks

Hello need some advice here. I am 9 weeks pregnant today and I took a wondfo pregnancy test  this morning, as I have been each week and today it was lighter than the control line and it's always been darker. Do I need to call dr or am I freaking out for no reason? I know it could vary on the test ect, just thought it was strange since I've been using the same brand and fmu each week. Has anyone else experienced this? I saw baby at 6.5 weeks, but don't go back until 12 weeks. The wait is killing me! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: pregnancy test is lighter..9 weeks

• Options
    Gotta agree with @chrlyr on this - it's most likely the hook effect. This is why they encourage pregnant women to stop taking pregnancy tests after their initial positive (easier said than done because we all want the constant reassurance that everything is OK, am I right?). 

Maybe invest in a home doppler instead? You might be able to pick up the heartbeat on a home doppler as early as next week. This one is highly recommended from STMs and is currently on sale: https://www.babydoppler.com/sonoline-b-fetal-doppler.html
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes at a certain point of pregnancy your hcg levels go back down, they don't keep rising, I wouldn't trust a hpt at this point
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would stop testing! You're just going to make yourself worry over nothing. Hopefully the 3 weeks until your appointment go quickly!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    It's called the hook effect... Google it 
  • Options
    What PP said. You're running into the hook effect. Stop testing, mama! You're KU, don't drive yourself nuts.
  • Options
    I believe there was an earlier post about the hook effect, I found it quite interesting as I've never heard of that before. Worth checking out!