February 2017 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/9

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 8/9

• Loading the player...
  • My hot water heater's on the fritz. Enough said.

Additionally, my massively huge bridesmaid's dress is still massively huge after the first round of alterations. I think the guy was too scared to do it properly since I'm pregnant, which I told him because I'll be 16 weeks by the wedding and could have a little belly. Does he seriously think that will cause my rib cage to grow three inches in diameter, however? Yikes. Peace out, all my money. It's been fun.
  • My MIL! Without boring you with 5.5years of her twatwaffleness, Sunday she showed up at my house, unannounced. This is nothing new, that's how my ILs roll... H was outside and told them that DD was napping. I was in my room across the hall from DD's room. I hear someone walk into the house, assume it's H coming to ask me if DD is awake. Instead the person goes straight to DD's room and WAKES her up! I can see through the monitor that it's MIL! I have literally kept my mouth shut the entire time H and I have been together, but that was too much! I went in and in a calm normal tone said "Don't take this the wrong way, but could you please not wake my daughter up when she's napping.." And I walked away. MIL follows me and starts FLIPPING OUT on me (while holding DD!), telling me I'm a 'little bitch', that I 'have mental problems' and should be on medication! She tells me I'm a 'sick puppy' when I told her to act like an adult not a middle schooler. And that I must really hate myself and not be able to look at myself in the mirror. Add f-bombs into her part of the convo, again while holding MY child! I told her not to come back to my house...
  • @Ryder0406 I can't believe that! Did your husband say anything to her?! 
  • Whoa. Your MIL is awful @Ryder0406
  • @scifichick09 with my last csection the hospital wanted me to pay them and sign something saying I agreed to that amount. Uh no, I'm not agreeing to shit unless I get an EOB and even then I probably won't because it will still be wrong and I'll have to spend 2 hours calling insurance and the biller.
  • Insurance. They keyed in my sons birthday wrong when they set the plan up and now I'm having issues with billing for an orthodontist visit. Walgreens charged my old insurance for some prescriptions and now the insurance company wants their money back and I have to try to bill my current insurance. Which is stupid because they both are Carefirst plans I had through the same employer, we just went with no deductible this year. Just give yourself the money. And then the kids dentist billed them and for some reason the insurance company came back and told them we had coverage limits which we don't so now the dentist is trying to bill me $1,000. I had to call the insurance company and now the dentist has to rebill them. Why am I doing so much of the work taking care of this stuff??
    @cantalopes24 WOW!! Your employer offers you a plan with no deductible? That's unheard of these days! But ya, unfortunately, the responsibility falls on you to clear this stuff up.  The doctor's office bill your insurance for you as  a "courtesy" they say.  It's really difficult navigating health insurance.  I've been in this field for 10 years now and there's stuff I still don't understand.  My advice to you is be persistent and don't give up.  It will take a lot of phone calls and back and forth, don't get tired or intimidated. Good luck to you! 

• @Ryder0406 I'm glad you finally said something. Her behavior is unacceptable! 
  • @Ryder0406 Holy crapola!!! Your MIL sounds like SHE has mental issues.  How did your husband react to all of this.  I hope he was supportive.  

• @AfKash I'm partially in charge of picking our insurance plans so this year we offered three levels of insurance and the company pays 70% of the monthly premium. We use a looooooot of insurance and I feel like I'm always calling. We once had a hospital change the dates of service for an ER visit that turned into an admission and were trying to bill insurance as two separate visits which kicked out our pre auth and would have cost me $12,000 instead of the $150 copay I should have owed. That was a nightmare.
  • @Ryder0406 what in the world?! That is so RUDE! I'm sorry you had to go through that 
  • @cantalopes24 My office made me sign it, which made me really nervous. But they basically told me if I didn't sign it I'd have to find a new doctor...and I don't want to switch doctors. The financial advisor swore to me that she made notes about our conversation and that I wouldn't have to pay anything...but we'll see. I honestly don't think they could do anything anyway, it's a bill for services not yet rendered...so....they can't exactly send me to collections.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Ryder0406 Oh my gosh, I am FUMING for you!  Who does she think she is?  I'm curious as to how your H reacted to that.

For me personally, that's grounds for cutting someone out of my life.  Not just for speaking the way she did or her disregard for your own home but for doing it all in the presence of your child?  NOPE.

Get the fuck on outta here and 

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Whoally shit @Ryder0406 what did your H say?
  • RachelbdRachelbd member
    edited August 2016

@Ryder0406 Woah!! You are a better person than I, because I would have removed my child from her arms, and not so calmly flipped out told her to get the f@ck out of my house and never come back. Also, I would not be okay with people randomly showing up at my house! So sorry that you have to deal with that! That is SO BEYOND out of line and psychotic! I hope hubby had your back!...

(edited to make more sense)

• @Ryder0406 OMG. I can't even imagine. I hope your H backs you up!
  • @scifichick09 did they tell you that you would receive a refund if there were charges towards your deductible between now and delivery? Because that's what I was told.. But I'm still really skeptical about it. 
  • @cantalopes24 yikes! to the $12000 charge.  It sounds like you know what you're doing, though! I'm glad! Unfortunately a LOT of people don't and I don't blame them because it's hella confusing! 

• @Ryder0406 there's just no excuse to act like that. Honestly, it feels like she's digging her own grave when it comes to being included in your growing family... Her loss. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy shit @Ryder0406 that is sooooooooo behind insane!!! What a bitch!! What did your husband say???
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • srscott3 said:
    @scifichick09 did they tell you that you would receive a refund if there were charges towards your deductible between now and delivery? Because that's what I was told.. But I'm still really skeptical about it. 

@srscott3 yes, the form did say I'd be refunded if there was any type of overpayment...but still, I'm not doing that and I don't trust it.

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @ryder0406 Holy hell! I would've kicked her out immediately. What did your husband say??

TTC #1 since 09/2015

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I think TW of the month goes to @Ryder0406 's MIL. 

My TW is back road drivers. If you want to go 50 in a 55, fine. If you want to go 70 in a 55, fine. That's what passing lanes are for. If you go 50 most of the time, and then 70 during the passing lanes, I kinda wanna kill you. Pregnant me 180% wants to kill you.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Ryder0406 Who behaves that way in their right mind? NO ONE! She is seriously mental, and you would be totally justified in cutting her off from contact with you and your children. 

What did your husband do about his crazy mother? 

My TW: The same stupid tenants who were two months behind "paid" online last week. I just got notice that, no surprise to us, his payment bounced. These people suck at adulting.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Ryder0406 That is unacceptable. Did your husband say anything? That is the kind of thing that gets a person cut off. What a terrible woman.
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited August 2016
    @Ryder0406 all I have to say is aw hell no. I'd have lost my shit. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself and telling her to leave. 

Tw goes to landlords who hold you check and take for freaking ever to cash it. I mean if I can get you the check on the first, pretty sure you should be able to take it to the bank within a timely manner... This is one reason I miss apartment living, or having a mortgage with auto debit. 
  • Can I call my kid a tw? Or is that against the good parenting rules. Seriously though. She's been crazy today and started it off first thing this morning. She wasn't happy about what I was serving for breakfast so she was throwing a fit in her booster seat and before I could even do anything she picked her leg up onto the table and kicked her entire bowl of cereal over. It made me feel so ragey inside. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @Ryder0406 my FIL and your MIL must be related because my FIL is my TW. Though he is not nearly as bad as your MIL, I still want to smack him across the face lately. I am more than respectful to my IL's especially with my FIL's cancer getting worse, but his lack of respect for my husband and I's parenting has us both fuming. It finally blew up last night because my FIL was being so disrespectful to me in front of my husband last night. I'm thankful that my H doesn't put up with it and sticks up for me and  how I am feeling. The crazy part is it is usually my MIL that I want to avoid and she's been a dream since she retired, she's like a whole new lady. She even stuck up for me, which never happens!

I am really curious how your husband handled that because you handled it way better than I would have if someone woke my kid up from a much needed nap. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • My electric bill is a TW. I have 3 power saver AC's, and it jumped my bill up almost $200! The electric company is a TW money sucker. And also, the heat/humidity is a major TW because that is why I need the 3 AC's in my house to begin with. TW TW TW! lol 
    Dude! How big is your house?! We are in 5300 and we have 1 unit! Granted, we could *really* use 2, but... 3?!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @peachesnbean - Wow not as big as yours. 2400 sq ft? It's a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom. We get NO air flow, and we tried 1 AC, then 2 and it was still 84 degrees in the house without budging. We are on the second floor of a 2 family which probably is a big factor since heat rises. So we had to put 1 in our living room which is on one end of the house, one in the kitchen which is the opposite end of the house, and one in our bedroom. The layout is really weird and has a super long hallway instead of being a square layout so the air just gets stuck. Very irritating 

• ::invites self to @peachesnbeans' huge house::
    Not all mine. ;)

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @Ryder0406 your MIL wins the ultimate TW award. Sorry that you have to deal with that! 
  • Ryder0406 said:
    My MIL! Without boring you with 5.5years of her twatwaffleness, Sunday she showed up at my house, unannounced. This is nothing new, that's how my ILs roll... H was outside and told them that DD was napping. I was in my room across the hall from DD's room. I hear someone walk into the house, assume it's H coming to ask me if DD is awake. Instead the person goes straight to DD's room and WAKES her up! I can see through the monitor that it's MIL! I have literally kept my mouth shut the entire time H and I have been together, but that was too much! I went in and in a calm normal tone said "Don't take this the wrong way, but could you please not wake my daughter up when she's napping.." And I walked away. MIL follows me and starts FLIPPING OUT on me (while holding DD!), telling me I'm a 'little bitch', that I 'have mental problems' and should be on medication! She tells me I'm a 'sick puppy' when I told her to act like an adult not a middle schooler. And that I must really hate myself and not be able to look at myself in the mirror. Add f-bombs into her part of the convo, again while holding MY child! I told her not to come back to my house...
    omg @Ryder0406 You may win crazy MIL of the month with that story! I'm sorry your MIL did that. I hope your DH took a stand with you later!
  • @peachesnbean 2018 GTG at your house :smiley:  you could fit my house into your house almost 4 times.